Hundreds of Millions of Birds Have Vanished Across Europe in The Last 40 Years

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
I wonder why.
06F3B323-33DA-4357-ACBC-C0039E2B3CFD.gif
Hundreds of Millions of Birds Have Vanished Across Europe in The Last 40 Years

And not a single one of you posted any suggestions as how to keep the birds from colliding with windows. You people simply hate progress and are silly hypocrites.

I doubt if it's the windmills. From the OP's link:

Causes are likely to be varied and numerous, including habitat loss, the massive decline in insect species, pollution, and disease – all the usual suspects contributing to the wider mass extinction event we're experiencing.

The house sparrow has been worst hit, losing 50% of its population - 247 million birds.

Changes in agricultural policy and management have driven declines, however urban populations are also declining which may be linked to food shortage, avian malaria or air pollution

I wonder how many other species are in decline: fish, mammals, etc. I hope the planet never gets to the point where we are the only species left.

I doubt if it's the windmills. From the OP's link:

Causes are likely to be varied and numerous, including habitat loss, the massive decline in insect species, pollution, and disease – all the usual suspects contributing to the wider mass extinction event we're experiencing.

I wonder how many other species are in decline: fish, mammals, etc. I hope the planet never gets to the point where we are the only species left.
In the last 50 years the world has lost two thirds of it's wildlife;

Don’t be mean. The blade design is primitive. Cylindrical, non-violent rotors should be used. How in hell can a bird be hurt by a cylindrical rotor? Lest’s go Icehole Brandon!

Birds are nasty ... they'll poop right into your open mouth ... the bastards ... they fly goddammit, they have no reason to be this evil ... I definitely train my house cats to hunt them ... and hunt them they do ... treaty treat for each sparrow or blue-jay, can of wet food for crows and eagles ... they leave off the condors turkey vultures ... and (of course) peacocks hunt house cats ...

It's the Circle of Life ... Simba ... what dies feeds others ... thus the lack of carcasses under these mills ...

If the house cats don't eat up all the birds ... the damned painters will come in and do it ...

Last edited:
In the last 50 years the world has lost two thirds of it's wildlife;

Well they must have all showed-up here, hardly a week goes by I don't see at least one black bear, deer every-single-day, along with a varied parade of small game and furbearers.

4r3a7l.jpg

Forum List

Back