Destroying the American Character

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
Earlier I quoted Dennis Prager's thesis that Liberal/Progressive policies destroy the character and social fabric of America....

In part:

4. The Liberal Welfare State causes people to distain work, efforts of various kinds. According to one listener, in Germany, if you own a store, and desire to stay open an extra hour....you cannot: it is unfair to your competitor. Harder work to get ahead? Out of the question.

7. The Welfare State corrupts family life. Study the effects on the inner city, where women learned to rely on the government as their husband.

The government conducted a study, 1971-1978 known as the Seattle-Denver Income Maintenance Experiment, or SIME-DIME, in which low income families were give a guaranteed income, a welfare package with everything liberal policy makers could hope for. Result: for every dollar of extra welfare given, low income recipients reduced their labor by 80 cents.
http://www.policyarchive.org/handle/...eams/12794.pdf

[The results for husbands show that the combination of negative income tax plans tested in SIME/DIME — which, as already mentioned, represents on average a relatively generous cash transfer program with a guarantee of 115% of the poverty line and a tax rate of 50% — has a significant negative effect on hours worked per year. ]Overview of the Final Report of the SIME/DIME: Report

a. Further results: dissolution of families:
“This conclusion was unambiguously unfavorable to advocates of a negative income tax that would cover married couples, for two important reasons.

First, increased marital breakups among the poor would increase the numbers on
welfare and the amount of transfer payments, principally because the
separated wife and children would receive higher transfer payments.

Second, marital dissolutions and the usual accompanying absence of
fathers from households with children
are generally considered unfavorable outcomes regardless of whether or not the welfare rolls increase.” http://www.bos.frb.org/economic/conf/conf30/conf30c.pdf

b. “When families received guaranteed income at 90% of the poverty level, there was a 43% increase in black family dissolution and a 63% increase in white family dissolution. At 125% of the poverty levels, dissolutions were 75% and 40%.”
Robert B. Carleson, “Government Is The Problem,” p. 57.

Along comes a CBO report that predicts 2.3 million will leave the job market because ObamaCare will provide the healthcare sans job or work effort.

"Health-care law will prompt over 2 million to quit jobs or cut hours, a CBO report says'
Health-care law will prompt over 2 million to quit jobs or cut hours, a CBO report says - The Washington Post

And, just as Prager revealed.....the Obama Liberal/Progressives cheered at the prospect of more Americans reaching out for free stuff.....taught to live off of other Americans:

"The White House scrambled to defend the law, which has bedeviled Obama since its 2010 passage, arguing that the report shows it will work as planned, freeing people to care for their children, retire early or start their own businesses without worrying about health coverage."
Ibid.

And

"But Republicans hailed the report as fresh evidence that the law will decimate the American workforce, encouraging people to forgo private employment in favor of taxpayer handouts."
Ibid.

Proof, again, that the Left will not be satisfied until America is Western Europe, more concerned with vacations and entitlements than recognizing and fighting evil.

No Liberal/Progressive/DeathPanelDemocrat should ever......ever....be allowed in a seat of power.

I am so very pleased....and amused.....every time I get you Leftists to do your spin dance because you have been exposed as unAmerican and detrimental to this nation!

"Furman argued that the report merely indicates that people can now “choose” to drop jobs they do not enjoy — but are keeping because they require health-care coverage — leaving them free to pursue more fulfilling activities.

“What you have is two different ways of characterizing this report,” she explained. “If you talk to Republicans, they say there are going to be nearly 2.5 million jobs that are going to be lost over a decade due to the Affordable Care Act. If you talk to the White House, there are going to be 2.5 million people who are gonna have a choice to leave full-time employment [to pursue other opportunities].”

“Those may be people who decide to stop working altogether, .... “What we couldn’t get an answer to today from the White House today is: What is the economic impact of having that many people go from full-time to part-time or unemployment?”

“Jay Carney said today that this is an opportunity to spend more time with their kids, to have different work opportunities,” she said
Carlson blasts White House spin on Obamacare job losses [VIDEO] | The Daily Caller

Now let's review:

Prager's premise is that Liberal/Progressive/DeathPanelDemocrat policies are damaging to the American social fabric.

".... there is a public cost to people not having full-time work,” Carlson explained. “This is devastating to the Democrats’ prospects in 2014. It’s devastating to the country, I would say.”
Carlson blasts White House spin on Obamacare job losses [VIDEO] | The Daily Caller

How ya' like that, boyyyyeeeeee??

The social fabric of the United States is multi-cultural and multi-racial, don't know how you can "change" something that, by its very nature, is an ever moving part.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Let's review. Left bad, right good. Far right gooder. Commies bad (both of them), Wall Street Banksters very good. Christians good, all the rest heathens. Pres. Wilson bad, FDR worse, Carter worser and Obama evil.

Got it.

Let's review. Left bad, right good. Far right gooder. Commies bad (both of them), Wall Street Banksters very good. Christians good, all the rest heathens. Pres. Wilson bad, FDR worse, Carter worser and Obama evil.

Got it.

Do you get the feeling that she does not like liberals?

Got it.

Hmmm. I not sure she even likes herself.

Liberals and progressives are hell bent on destroying American families and culture.

Whether they realize it or not.

They are following the Marxist playbook with the ultimate goal of creating a totalitarian state.

Where everyone owns nothing and the abject misery is shared equally. .. :doubt:

Liberals and progressives are hell bent on destroying American families and culture.

They are following the Marxist playbook with the ultimate goal of creating a totalitarian state.

Thanks so much for sharing. I hadn't realized having empathy and wanting to protect the environment were precursors of picking up the hammer and sickle. I will work on being callous, self righteous and judgmental.

Got it.

Hmmm. I not sure she even likes herself.

Not certain what she likes or not since everything she ever posts is just a cut n paste of some conservative site. Maybe she doesn't even have a brain and is some script bot? :)

A good OP for a change.

But . . . the social and cultural fabric in America (or any country for that matter) changes because of time, experience, technology, immigration, and a host of other reasons.

Prather should argue a lament for the America in which he (and I) grew up and no longer exists.

Thanks so much for sharing. I hadn't realized having empathy and wanting to protect the environment were precursors of picking up the hammer and sickle. I will work on being callous, self righteous and judgmental.

Do you not love 'experts' who have no idea what they are talking about?

I am so very pleased....and amused.....every time I get you Leftists to do your spin dance because you have been exposed as unAmerican and detrimental to this nation!

"Furman argued that the report merely indicates that people can now “choose” to drop jobs they do not enjoy — but are keeping because they require health-care coverage — leaving them free to pursue more fulfilling activities.

“What you have is two different ways of characterizing this report,” she explained. “If you talk to Republicans, they say there are going to be nearly 2.5 million jobs that are going to be lost over a decade due to the Affordable Care Act. If you talk to the White House, there are going to be 2.5 million people who are gonna have a choice to leave full-time employment [to pursue other opportunities].”

“Those may be people who decide to stop working altogether, .... “What we couldn’t get an answer to today from the White House today is: What is the economic impact of having that many people go from full-time to part-time or unemployment?”

“Jay Carney said today that this is an opportunity to spend more time with their kids, to have different work opportunities,” she said

Now let's review:

Prager's premise is that Liberal/Progressive/DeathPanelDemocrat policies are damaging to the American social fabric.

".... there is a public cost to people not having full-time work,” Carlson explained. “This is devastating to the Democrats’ prospects in 2014. It’s devastating to the country, I would say.”

How ya' like that, boyyyyeeeeee??

Yea, we don't want Americans to have a choice, now do we PC. That is a BAD thing. We want them to be slaves to the plutocrats you right wingers worship.

And family values like BEING THERE for your kids is a really BAD thing, right PC?

If you can be well without health, you may be happy without virtue.
Edmund Burke

The Liberal answer to every question is: More and Bigger government

Sen Monyihan warned that the black family was being being destroyed by the lack of a nuclear family and LBJ and the Dems said, "Perfect! Let's do that some more and abort their children too because we favor Eugenics as a way to control them"

Liberal Dictionary

Empathy: Spending other peoples money in an effort to feel good about oneself

Forum List

Back