Zone1 Despite criticism last year, should PBS again feature the Black National Anthem at its nationwide July 4th concert tonight?

WHY are whites being discriminated against, and excluded from opportunities because they aren’t the proper skin color?
WHY have black people been discriminated against from opportunities because they weren't the proper skin color?

Many believe that God had a hand in the founding of America, but don't know why. Why would God craft the founding of such a nation if not for the people to whom he promised such a nation?
Good question for the religion forum. And I know the answer, but I’m not allowing an antisemite to derail me in my own thread.

I do believe we are making progress. At least you believe there is a history of racism in this country.
Tell me how do you correct racism?
Of course there is a history of racism in this country. Nobody ever denied that.

As far as correcting racism, we have to be color-blind in all things. Biden set a terrible precedent when he said no whites would be considered for the SCOTUS nominee, or the VP.

So, in keeping with my suggestion that we be color-blind in all things, let’s start by eliminating anti-white and anti-Asian admissions policies.

Now I ask you….how should we correct antisemitism? I’d really like to know.

You know what’s really bad? When an unqualified POC gets promoted over you, and then has to rely on you to do the job she is being paid for, and can’t do. Don’t ask me how I know.
You have told me this story. At least I didn't have to work for the same hospital as the person who out-pigmented me for the job.

Of course there is a history of racism in this country. Nobody ever denied that.

As far as correcting racism, we have to be color-blind in all things. Biden set a terrible precedent when he said no whites would be considered for the SCOTUS nominee, or the VP.

So, in keeping with my suggestion that we be color-blind in all things, let’s start by eliminating anti-white and anti-Asian admissions policies.

Now I ask you….how should we correct antisemitism? I’d really like to know.
That's not what they want. Everyone knows that's not what they want. Without racism, what would they have to cry about?

Last year’s Capitol Fourth concert, sponsored by the liberal PBS, gave a disproportionate amount of attention to blacks, given their 14% share of the population, by having half or more black performers, playing the Black National Anthem, and selecting a black female as the host.

This year, in keeping with the liberal favoritism being shown black women, reports are that PBS has again selected as its host another black female this year. (I hope I read wrong.) Since the concert has turned into an exercise is wokeness, let’s discuss whether the following is a good idea.

1. Given that black females constitute 6% of the population, should PBS limit itself to this tiny minority yet again….or would it be fair to let a white man or woman, or a black man, be the host this time?

2. Should the playing of an anthem labeled for just 14% of Americans be played again, especially in light of how divisive many people see it, and we instead stick to one universal anthem for all people, white and black, as a show of unity on this American holiday?

We're only 14% of the population but we're 100% of the popularity. You crusty whites that no one wants to listen to can sit the fuck down. 😄

I quit shortly after.
And they got what they hired.

In my case, I had a relative in the department who had to work with the more adequately pigmented but otherwise completely unqualified loser, and I heard no end of what a useless jackass he was.

The battle of Fort Sumpter was spectacular. The British were merciless in their shelling. Many died making sure the flag was preserved and rhe Fort held by the Conentinals.. Francis Scott Key was there to help negotiate a surrender that everyone thought was inevitable. After the battle the flag, although tattered, still stood like a miracle which inspired Key to pen the poem. It had and has nothing to do with race or skin color.

The battle of Fort Sumpter was spectacular. The British were merciless in their shelling. Many died making sure the flag was preserved and rhe Fort held by the Conentinals.. Francis Scott Key was there to help negotiate a surrender that everyone thought was inevitable. After the battle the flag, although tattered, still stood like a miracle which inspired Key to pen the poem. It had and has nothing to do with race or skin color.
Wasn’t it Fort McHenry?

I took a boat tour out into the middle of Baltimore Harbor, and we stopped right at the spot where FSK was inspired to write the star Spangled Banner.

That the flag still waved after a night of rocket bombardment, with the sky so thick with smoke that one could not see,and did indeed remain in place, tattered yet not defeated, is a testament to America’s triumph. That it is now being replaced, or “equalized” with a so-called Black National Anthem shows how much division the liberals have sown.

Wasn’t it Fort McHenry?

I took a boat tour out into the middle of Baltimore Harbor, and we stopped right at the spot where FSK was inspired to write the star Spangled Banner.

That the flag still waved after a night of rocket bombardment, with the sky so thick with smoke that one could not see,and did indeed remain in place, tattered yet not defeated, is a testament to America’s triumph. That it is now being replaced, or “equalized” with a so-called Black National Anthem shows how much division the liberals have sown.

I get goosebumps when I think of the faith and courage it took to endure that night, both as the soldiers being held on the ship and as Francis Scott Key, formulating the words to describe the heroism of our ancestors. (Well, your ancestors, actually. Mine did not arrive here until much later.)

Woodnutz is an antisemite. He can take a thread totally unrelated to Israel, and make it a criticism of the Jews.
There are others on this board who are just as racist. I would like to compare today's US to the military when I enlisted in 1968--I was told there is no white, black, yellow, brown, red or any other color or hyphenated Marines. We are all green. The parallel can be used today. We are all Americans! PERIOD. If you don't want racism, quit talking about it. It is divisive and definitely counter to unity of which this country is in sore need.

Last year’s Capitol Fourth concert, sponsored by the liberal PBS, gave a disproportionate amount of attention to blacks, given their 14% share of the population, by having half or more black performers, playing the Black National Anthem, and selecting a black female as the host.

This year, in keeping with the liberal favoritism being shown black women, reports are that PBS has again selected as its host another black female this year. (I hope I read wrong.) Since the concert has turned into an exercise is wokeness, let’s discuss whether the following is a good idea.

1. Given that black females constitute 6% of the population, should PBS limit itself to this tiny minority yet again….or would it be fair to let a white man or woman, or a black man, be the host this time?

2. Should the playing of an anthem labeled for just 14% of Americans be played again, especially in light of how divisive many people see it, and we instead stick to one universal anthem for all people, white and black, as a show of unity on this American holiday?

Absolutely not, You need a country to have a national anthem
The black do not qualify they have no country of their own

There are others on this board who are just as racist. I would like to compare today's US to the military when I enlisted in 1968--I was told there is no white, black, yellow, brown, red or any other color or hyphenated Marines. We are all green. The parallel can be used today. We are all Americans! PERIOD. If you don't want racism, quit talking about it. It is divisive and definitely counter to unity of which this country is in sore need.
What? And give up the paycheck they get for doing nothing but hammering on a keyboard?

I think Janet Jackson should sing the Black National Anthem topless with a HUD voucher in one hand and food card in the other. A poster child for Democrat slavery.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back