Zone1 Despite criticism last year, should PBS again feature the Black National Anthem at its nationwide July 4th concert tonight?

Our family is filled with military veterans. Many of our friends and in-laws were also in the service. One uncle retired a full colonel. Another uncle's life was destroyed when his body was filled with shrapnel as he floated down in a parachute above the beach in Normandy.

I feel an intense anger toward the whining, rioting, worthless ingrates forever looking for more ways to destroy our country. They're ungrateful, lazy scum. Imo.

I used to watch a lot of PBS news and documentaries. I rarely watch it these days. It has gone totally "woke" imo.

The last 20 minutes of the News Hour is usually wasted on topics about blacks, rather than news items. And they broadcast loads of documentaries about black history or personalities. All fine, but I have absolutely no interest in those topics. Even news interviews seem to feature mostly black "experts" as if there are no others to be found.

What I would like to see in media is a more accurate view of our nation's racial make-up. Blacks are 13 or 14 percent of the population - it's fair that they receive media exposure to reflect their population percentage.

But, I have NO desire to see large numbers of blacks in movies our ads, for ANY reason. Our media should reflect reality. It should NOT be used as a brain-washing tool for social engineering.
Well said. It sounds like you are from a family to be proud of.

Our family is filled with military veterans. Many of our friends and in-laws were also in the service. One uncle retired a full colonel. Another uncle's life was destroyed when his body was filled with shrapnel as he floated down in a parachute above the beach in Normandy.

I feel an intense anger toward the whining, rioting, worthless ingrates forever looking for more ways to destroy our country. They're ungrateful, lazy scum. Imo.

I used to watch a lot of PBS news and documentaries. I rarely watch it these days. It has gone totally "woke" imo.

The last 20 minutes of the News Hour is usually wasted on topics about blacks, rather than news items. And they broadcast loads of documentaries about black history or personalities. All fine, but I have absolutely no interest in those topics. Even news interviews seem to feature mostly black "experts" as if there are no others to be found.

What I would like to see in media is a more accurate view of our nation's racial make-up. Blacks are 13 or 14 percent of the population - it's fair that they receive media exposure to reflect their population percentage.

But, I have NO desire to see large numbers of blacks in movies our ads, for ANY reason. Our media should reflect reality. It should NOT be used as a brain-washing tool for social engineering.
I couldn’t agree more. Blacks have been given opportunities to attend prestigious Ivies, med school, law school that they would not have had if their skin were white, and admissions decisions were based primarily on a combination of GPA and test scores.

As far as the overrepresentation of the one favored minority, it is so extreme that it’s beyond ridiculous. I went to Sephora again, and headed to the makeup brand I use. They had three long shelves, and interspersed were fIve posters of women displaying their product. All five women were black, and not one single white woman. How ridiculous is that when White women outnumber black women more than four-to-one?

The concert will he starting soon. If they did indeed pick yet ANOTHER black woman as host again this year, as has been reported, and they start in with the Black National Anthem, I’m tuning out. If PBS continues to grant the majority of opportunities to the same minority, and continue to discriminate against the race of the majority of their viewers, they will start to see their donations dry up.

I have to say….

….. that was a great concert. Full of patriotic songs, and none of the “wokeness” that marred last year’s performance. It was blacks and whites, just together as Americans, without all the divisiveness.

PBS clearly took the criticism of last year seriously. Good job!

I couldn’t agree more. Blacks have been given opportunities to attend prestigious Ivies, med school, law school that they would not have had if their skin were white, and admissions decisions were based primarily on a combination of GPA and test scores.

As far as the overrepresentation of the one favored minority, it is so extreme that it’s beyond ridiculous. I went to Sephora again, and headed to the makeup brand I use. They had three long shelves, and interspersed were fIve posters of women displaying their product. All five women were black, and not one single white woman. How ridiculous is that when White women outnumber black women more than four-to-one?

The concert will he starting soon. If they did indeed pick yet ANOTHER black woman as host again this year, as has been reported, and they start in with the Black National Anthem, I’m tuning out. If PBS continues to grant the majority of opportunities to the same minority, and continue to discriminate against the race of the majority of their viewers, they will start to see their donations dry up.
I've always loved PBS. But the changes, the heavily increased numbers of black reporters, interviewees, guests, time given up to black topics at the end of newscasts (frequency, as well). And the huge amount of time devoted to black history, personalities, civil rights - and other - documentaries already broadcast a million times, have radically changed (lessened) the appeal of the network.

These changes will probably save potential donors a lot of money. I've helped with financial support to certain radio broadcasters in the past. But PBS and NPR will never see a dime of my money, as long as they pursue their "woke" brainwashing agenda. Let them go under, for all I care, if this is the path they choose to pursue in the future.

Of course blacks may step up to support PBS and NPR, now that they've gone "woke." Yeah, sure. Lol.....

Forum List

Back