desert eagle .50 cailber handgun

o come now...if i am gonna go armed.....i wanna go big....

If you wanna go big get yourself a 1911 .45 cal.

Tried and tested.
I am a fan and have 4 or 5 (I forget) but they aren't a novice gun. I bit more involved to break down. But the shoot like the dickens with the single action trigger. It might be too much gun for her, it does no good if you can't shoot accurately.

SB, you need to go put some holes in paper.

o come now...if i am gonna go armed.....i wanna go big....

If you wanna go big get yourself a 1911 .45 cal.

Tried and tested.
I am a fan and have 4 or 5 (I forget) but they aren't a novice gun. I bit more involved to break down. But the shoot like the dickens with the single action trigger. It might be too much gun for her, it does no good if you can't shoot accurately.

SB, you need to go put some holes in paper.

I have a Glock 22, but I like the stopping power of a .45.

They're easier to field strip as well....at least I think so.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wh2_M9-gRc]1911 FIELD STRIP / REASSEMBLY (CLOSE UP) - YouTube[/ame]

I had a Glock 17, my first pistol. They are far easier to field strip. I personally didn't like having the chamber empty or carrying it with only the trigger to keep me honest. I have a Springer XD that is similar with with safeties and I keep it in it's holster. You can't go wrong with Glocks though if they suit you, very reliable.

I had a Glock 17, my first pistol. They are far easier to field strip. I personally didn't like having the chamber empty or carrying it with only the trigger to keep me honest. I have a Springer XD that is similar with with safeties and I keep it in it's holster. You can't go wrong with Glocks though if they suit you, very reliable.

Actually a .357 mag is even easier, but I'd like to have more than 5 shots.

Actually a .357 mag is even easier, but I'd like to have more than 5 shots.

There are some serious advantages to a .357 mag revolver. I have always thought if I needed more than 6 rounds of .357 mag, I should have been running. A speedloader makes the next 6 rounds pretty quickly accessible. If a round fails to fire, pull the trigger again. If a round fails to fire in an autoloader, you have to take some time to rack another round in. And if you only have one hand, that can get even tougher.

Forum List

Back