desert eagle .50 cailber handgun

well damn son calls this am....has a lead on a great deal for a desert eagle...i told him it was crazy to even think about it....but will admit ...i did say..if you buy it i want to shoot it..now i am listening to hubby bitch

$800 bucks

1911 is a pretty sweet firearm. I've handled two (1911A1 and M-1911) different models and both were great.

well damn son calls this am....has a lead on a great deal for a desert eagle...i told him it was crazy to even think about it....but will admit ...i did say..if you buy it i want to shoot it..now i am listening to hubby bitch

$800 bucks
Has he looked into the expense of shooting it? There are a lot better options for home defense. A .357 revolver would be better in my book. Shoots .38s. No gun will be good for you if you can't shoot it accurately, including follow up shots.

Lots of good semi-autos too. He should shoot a variety before buying.

i mentioned the price of ammo....he was bitching he was out for his shotgun.....i was mentioning i was low too.....and am not buying his ammo

While I'm sure that monster would be fun to shoot, it's not exactly practical. Forget the cost of the firearm...it's the ammo that will end up costing a fortune, even if you reload. Does anyone even make a .50 cal pistol round reloader?

Anyway, if you get it, have a ball. It'll kick like a mule, but because it's so heavy, it won't tend to hurt your hand like a smaller, lighter pistol/revolver with a powerful round can.

Were I to recommend a more practical all around sidearm for a lady, I suggest something like the Ed Brown Kobra Carry:

index_25.jpg

Of course, you can never go wrong with a .38/.357 revolver...just avoid the light ones that sting the hand.

no no he wants the hand cannon one......so far he has not mentioned it again....i think the cost of moving has finally gotten to him....

i agree that i would want to take more classes...i am comfie with shotguns and rifles.....but handguns ...well its been a long time since i carried a hand gun...little pearl handle 25....

I currently carry a Glock 19 9mm but it's an old, 2nd generation model and I've been thinking about getting the new Remington R51. It comes in 9mm or .40. I like it because it's got rounded features.

remington_r51_ct.jpg

remington-r51-620x330.jpg

remington_r51_threaded.jpg

You can get it with an optional barrel that will accommodate a silencer (for folks who might find a need for one).

Silencer? Not in the U.S.

Sound suppressors are legal in many states. 39 at last count. They're not illegal, just regulated.

Why they're not encouraged is beyond me. In some countries, they're required.

The Desert Eagle .50 cal is an interesting pistol. I just see nothing to justify the outrageous price tag. A quick check on Guns America has them running between $1500 and $2500. For that kind of money I can get a Wilson Combat M1911. I don't see any real advantage to the huge .50 cal round, unless you plan to hunt with the thing. It is heavy as hell, and the ammo is expensive.

If I need serious stopping power in a handgun, I'll take a revolver in a big bore caliber. If I want a pistol for self defense, I'll stick with my Springfield 1911.

Like I said, it is an interesting pistol and I would love to shoot one. I'm just not interested in buying one.

I carry a 22LR revolver. Ultralite, 2 inch snub-nosed, 9 shots.

Dependable, lightweight, small.

It is also my holster gun when I'm out in the woods. CCI makes a 22LR shotshell that is great on poisonous snakes and such.

C9A3909575A64D868C67FEF2299101DD.jpg

94B2UL.jpg

Taurus UltraLite Model 94 at Taurus homepage.

I've had it for years, I think I gave two hundred and some for it new.

Forum List

Back