Desantis will take a hit if the 17 accused of fraud are found not guilty

pyetro

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2019
It looks like 17 people in Florida were told that they had the right to vote even though they were not eligible.

Then they voted, and Desantis finalized the entrapment by charging them with fraud crime.

Is a judge tosses the chargers, this will be a big hit for Desantis as nobody will ever believe him when he claims fraud, like Trump.

Let's hope these people don't get convicted so Desantis doesn't get this credited.

When Romona Oliver registered to vote in early 2020 at the Hillsborough Tax Collector’s office, she was asked if she had a felony conviction. She said yes.

She registered as a Democrat and got her voter card in the mail.

I can't see any way she could be found guilty if this is true.

Lengthy sentences in the bowels of a federal prison for "shitting on democracy and the Constitution, and thwarting the will of the actual voters". After their 150th gang rape they should be on the path to rehabilitation.

Send the correct message. DeSantis is a god.

There were no press conferences when the Republicans were caught cheating with their voters fraud at The Villages. And everyone is pointing that out. This will backfire on DeShithead.
Will it? Or will it just fire up the dummies that much more? DeSantis has learned a thing or true from Trump. It's ALL showbiz.

It looks like 17 people in Florida were told that they had the right to vote even though they were not eligible.

Then they voted, and Desantis finalized the entrapment by charging them with fraud crime.

Is a judge tosses the chargers, this will be a big hit for Desantis as nobody will ever believe him when he claims fraud, like Trump.

Let's hope these people don't get convicted so Desantis doesn't get this credited.

Sounds to me like Desantis is reaching. The laws about felons voting must be pretty confusing.

I have no problem with convicted felons not being allowed to vote, ever again. I do not understand the move in many states to allow those, proven to have no respect for the laws of the land to have a voice in who our representatives are. Their lack of judgement and in many cases callous disregard for the very lives of law-abiding in our society, including crimes of violence, used to preclude them from the voting pool for the rest of their life. Giving up the right to vote was just part of the sentence. Too bad. They should have made better choices. No need to ever let them have a voice in choosing for society, as they chose against society when they committed their crimes, making any choices they make, suspect.

When Romona Oliver registered to vote in early 2020 at the Hillsborough Tax Collector’s office, she was asked if she had a felony conviction. She said yes.

She registered as a Democrat and got her voter card in the mail.

I can't see any way she could be found guilty if this is true.
The person who registered her needs to spend at least 10 years in jail.

I have no problem with convicted felons not being allowed to vote, ever again. I do not understand the move in many states to allow those, proven to have no respect for the laws of the land to have a voice in who our representatives are. Their lack of judgement and in many cases callous disregard for the very lives of law-abiding in our society, including crimes of violence, used to preclude them from the voting pool for the rest of their life. Giving up the right to vote was just part of the sentence. Too bad. They should have made better choices. No need to ever let them have a voice in choosing for society, as they chose against society when they committed their crimes, making any choices they make, suspect.
Well regardless of your feelings...the people of Florida determined that FORMER felons who have served their sentence should be allowed to vote.

It's part of assimilating back into society.

If you want to punish them in various ways for life...you virtually guarantee that they will continue to be criminals

Will it? Or will it just fire up the dummies that much more? DeSantis has learned a thing or true from Trump. It's ALL showbiz.
Of course it's all showbiz.

Politicians have to appeal to the lowest common denominator.

But, we're still stuck with this lesser-of-two-evils bullshit, and they know it.

RCV or Valhalla!

It wasn't the job of the person who registered her to check the criminal record. It was DeSantis's administrations job.
Why?

They asked her if she was a felon, and she said yes. They registered her anyway. The jack ass who registered her broke the fucking law. I don't care who's camp that person is in, that's the person who should be punished.

Did you read the article even? Many felons are legally allowed to register.
Of course they don’t read the article.

It sometimes feels like they want it to be hard to tell if you can vote legally. Make the rules complicated. Make it hard to figure out which rules apply to you. Make it so no one can really help you.

The natural result is that people don’t even try because theyre too afraid to make a mistake. It’s a form of voter suppression.

Well regardless of your feelings...the people of Florida determined that FORMER felons who have served their sentence should be allowed to vote.

It's part of assimilating back into society.

If you want to punish them in various ways for life...you virtually guarantee that they will continue to be criminals
I will grant you, I do believe it is up to the states to decide. It is simply a decision, I would not have come to.

It's a democrat move to get more votes. Plain and simple.
Not sure whether it is a desire for more votes or the same old undisciplined touchy feel liberal viewpoint watching out for these poor, poor felons. I cannot say that you are wrong though.

Forum List

Back