Desantis signs bill into LAW to not teach sex ed to children 5-8 years old in Florida

Prove it's a mental illness....

To me, a mental illness is being unable to function in society. Trans people hold down jobs, have relationships, meet their obligations... frankly, the only reason they have a problem is because of people like you freaking out about them.

The hard science is that a man is not a woman, and a woman is not a man, and one cannot become the other.

There is no way around that. That's a hard, undeniable fact of biology.

To deny what is obvious and provable reality, and to firmly believe something to be true that every piece of objective evidence proves to be false is pretty much the definition of mental illness.

And no, being mentally-ill does not necessarily mean that one cannot achieve some reasonable degree of function in society. Consider the Nobel-Prize-Winning mathematician John Nash, who suffered from severe schizophrenia, delusions, and hallucinations. He held down some very demanding jobs, met his obligations, and had relationships, very much as any sane person would. (Never mind that some of his “relationships” were with people who did not actually exist.)

• Thanks
Reactions: DBA
Hey you guys, I'm not interested in religion and I'm not interested in anyone's sex life. Can we stay on topic please?

The hard science is that a man is not a woman, and a woman is not a man, and one cannot become the other.

The problem here is that you cling to the notion those are the only two options.

Instead, there is a wide array of human sexuality... and not everyone fits into a nice neat box. (And before you start obsessing on my sex life again because you have no life, I'm a cisgendered, heterosexual male who has a thing for Asian chicks.)

And no, being mentally-ill does not necessarily mean that one cannot achieve some reasonable degree of function in society. Consider the Nobel-Prize-Winning mathematician John Nash, who suffered from severe schizophrenia, delusions, and hallucinations. He held down some very demanding jobs, met his obligations, and had relationships, very much as any sane person would. (Never mind that some of his “relationships” were with people who did not actually exist.)

Okay, I've considered that. Clearly, Nash needed keepers, and he wasn't the idealized character portrayed in "A Beautiful Mind". The man had serious issues.

Now, the one trans person I've met in my lifetime was Col. Jennifer Pritzker, who is the cousin of our current IL governor. She wasn't "out" when she commanded the unit I was in, but she did her job reasonable well, she runs several prominent charities here in IL. Not a person I liked on a personal level (I actually requested a transfer), but competent at her job.

So it's more about your hangups.

The problem here is that you cling to the notion those are the only two options.
Instead, there is a wide array of human sexuality... and not everyone fits into a nice neat box.

BillNyeCrazy.gif

Then don't write a law that deals in hypotheticals....
I haven’t written any laws.
The problem with the Florida law is that it's vague. Little Sally talking about her two mommies in "Show and Tell" would violate this law
No, only the educators who talk about such things would be in trouble.
The only opposition to these laws comes from leftist groomers and their useful idiots, tbh.

I have thought about it... it's a dumb idea that "liberalism" is a "teenage" philosophy.

It’s not an idea, it is a fact. Teenagers are overwhemingly Democrats. Many grow up and wise up as they age and gain real-world experience.

1) Most people don't make enough money to vote Republican.
2) The way they get those people to vote Republican is to play on their sexual, religious and racial fears.
3) Eventually, if you appeal to the crazies long enough, they take over the asylum.

1) I thought Republicans were poor trailer trash? Are you finally admitting wthat the demographics show which is that as income increases(success) as does the likelihood of voting Republican?

2) Or perhaps the way they get the anti-religious folks like yourself to vote for Democrats is to play on your hatred of all things religious, despite the common sense reality that our country was built on Christian values and much of our success as a nation can be attributed to this fact.

3) The crazies are by far on the left. I am not sure how anyone could debate that fact. Find virtually a deviant of any kind and the odds they are a Democrat is very high.

Uh, yeah, because usually when you believe you are doing the will of an imaginary fairy in the sky, you tend to do really evil shit.

You have this quite backwards. When you answer to no one except the government, you tend to do whatever you can get away with. If you are not held accountable when you die, why not? If you die and that is it, why not do anything and everything you can while you are alive no matter how it affects others or society. I do not believe that people are innately moral, but quite the opposite.

For those that believe that we are all simply products of evolution, we are no better than animals which have a signficantly different view of “right and wrong” than we do. Their right and wrong is based on what is best for themselves, their offspring and perhaps, in rare cases, their species. If they need a warm and secure place to sleep, displacing another animal and even killing it is perfectly acceptable. If they are hungry and need to eat, taking another animal’s food that they worked for is perfectly acceptable. Anything that benefits them is perfectly acceptable. Essentially there is no global right and wrong. To paraphrase the Bible, everyone does what is right in his own eyes. In today’s vernacular, if it feels good do it. Anti-religious folks, typically Democrats, have no moral compass other than their own. There is no concrete source for their version of morality. It can change with the wind and often does based on how it benefits them at the time. That is very dangerous, and in fact, is not “moral” at all in my mind.

Furthermore, any direction on “morality” from the anti-religious is gleamed their leaders, they themselves without direction, other than self-interest. Truly the blind leading the blind.

Okay, Sally talks about her two mommies, and the teacher talks to the class about it like it's normal.

Breaks the law or not?
There is absolutely no reason for the teacher to expand upon Sally's discussion.
If anything, remind her to pay attention to the subject at hand.
Problem solved.

Cult, please make sure the Dems run on teaching LGBTQ sexuality to 5 year olds.

Let's try to have an intellectual discussion with this inbred redneck.

It’s not an idea, it is a fact. Teenagers are overwhemingly Democrats. Many grow up and wise up as they age and gain real-world experience.

Not really... The difference between the young voting Democrat and the old is all of 11% points.

1656539829297.png

1) I thought Republicans were poor trailer trash? Are you finally admitting wthat the demographics show which is that as income increases(success) as does the likelihood of voting Republican?

WOW, YOU MISSED THE POINT ENTIRELY, DIDN'T YOU?

Let's try again. If you aren't making six figures YOU HAVE NO BUSINESS VOTING REPUBLICAN. They don't care about you. Since most of us don't make six figures (this might be the first year I do), the Republicans don't care about you.

2) Or perhaps the way they get the anti-religious folks like yourself to vote for Democrats is to play on your hatred of all things religious, despite the common sense reality that our country was built on Christian values and much of our success as a nation can be attributed to this fact.

Actually, this country was founded by Diest slave rapists... but we evolved above them.

3) The crazies are by far on the left. I am not sure how anyone could debate that fact. Find virtually a deviant of any kind and the odds they are a Democrat is very high.

Really? Most gay people I know are pretty nice. Most religous people I know a sanctimonious assholes.

You have this quite backwards. When you answer to no one except the government, you tend to do whatever you can get away with. If you are not held accountable when you die, why not? If you die and that is it, why not do anything and everything you can while you are alive no matter how it affects others or society. I do not believe that people are innately moral, but quite the opposite.

Why do you put the government in opposition to God? Nobody worships government. We vote for government and expect it to provide services. If there's a problem with government, it's a problem with ourselves.

For those that believe that we are all simply products of evolution, we are no better than animals which have a signficantly different view of “right and wrong” than we do. Their right and wrong is based on what is best for themselves, their offspring and perhaps, in rare cases, their species. If they need a warm and secure place to sleep, displacing another animal and even killing it is perfectly acceptable. If they are hungry and need to eat, taking another animal’s food that they worked for is perfectly acceptable.

Uh, yeah, I've never seen an animal start a concentration camp, or launch a crusade, or burn a heretic or a witch, or abuse an altar boy. Animals kill for food. Humans kill for greed.

Furthermore, any direction on “morality” from the anti-religious is gleamed their leaders, they themselves without direction, other than self-interest. Truly the blind leading the blind.

I would say that the morality of FREE THINKERS is higher than the religious. If you didn't have your fear of your Imaginary Sky Friend threatening to do horrible things to you if you think or do the wrong thing, would you still be moral? I think not.

And when the charlatans who have convinced you that they are closer to the Imaginary Sky Friend than you are tells you to do evil things, you obediently do them... which is how you get concentration camps, crusades, inquisitions, witch-burnings, etc.

Let's try again. If you aren't making six figures YOU HAVE NO BUSINESS VOTING REPUBLICAN. They don't care about you. Since most of us don't make six figures (this might be the first year I do), the Republicans don't care about you.

That milestone was passed quite a while ago for me and funny thing is, I was a Republican before that point, in fact, I was a Republican when I was making min. wage. Has it ever occured to you that maybe I passed that milestone because of my Republican mindset and you were held back by your Democratic mindset? Think on that for a bit. I would also love to know what breaks a person making 6 figures gets. I can pass them along to our accountant who has told us on many occasions that we need find some more write-offs.

Actually, this country was founded by Diest slave rapists... but we evolved above them.

LOL…another Democrat who truly loves their country.

Really? Most gay people I know are pretty nice. Most religous people I know a sanctimonious assholes.

I am talking about gay people specifically. Prisons are full of your kind.

Why do you put the government in opposition to God? Nobody worships government. We vote for government and expect it to provide services. If there's a problem with government, it's a problem with ourselves

No, you vote what is best for YOU. The Democrats figured that out a long time ago. Promise ”free” stuff at someone else’s expense and those not paying will vote for you. Once there are more takers than givers we are done. It’s not complicated.

Uh, yeah, I've never seen an animal start a concentration camp, or launch a crusade, or burn a heretic or a witch, or abuse an altar boy. Animals kill for food. Humans kill for greed.

No, humans kill for the same reasons.

I would say that the morality of FREE THINKERS is higher than the religious.

Um, ok, sure. I would say the actions of the non-religious in this country say otherwise.

And when the charlatans who have convinced you that they are closer to the Imaginary Sky Friend than you are tells you to do evil things, you obediently do them... which is how you get concentration camps, crusades, inquisitions, witch-burnings, etc

My protestant Baptist upbringing doesn’t tell me to do bad things, in fact, they encourage quite the opposite. We aren’t talking about the loads of professed Catholics in the US who feel they are Catholic by birth yet only attend mass on Easter and Christmas. Catholocism isn’t so big in the South like it is in some other parts of the US. Unfortunately, many of them give true Christians a bad rap. BTW, I am not saying there aren’t some true Christian Catholics, just that there are an inordinate amount that process to be Catholic just because they went to Catholic parochial school.

That milestone was passed quite a while ago for me and funny thing is, I was a Republican before that point, in fact, I was a Republican when I was making min. wage. Has it ever occured to you that maybe I passed that milestone because of my Republican mindset and you were held back by your Democratic mindset? Think on that for a bit. I would also love to know what breaks a person making 6 figures gets. I can pass them along to our accountant who has told us on many occasions that we need find some more write-offs.

I'm sure your Double Wide is very nice.

Again, I voted Repbulican up until 2008, when my Romney-loving boss decided to screw me over after I had a medical issue, and then announce, "this is why I'm glad I don't have to deal with a union". Put everything in the proper perspective.

No, you vote what is best for YOU. The Democrats figured that out a long time ago. Promise ”free” stuff at someone else’s expense and those not paying will vote for you. Once there are more takers than givers we are done. It’s not complicated.

Um, do we really need to have the conversation about White People Welfare again? The problem is that the biggest "takers" are the 1% who take 43% of the wealth and they STILL aren't satisfied. That kind of system is NEVER sustainable, as the Romanovs and Bourbons can attest.

My protestant Baptist upbringing doesn’t tell me to do bad things, in fact, they encourage quite the opposite. We aren’t talking about the loads of professed Catholics in the US who feel they are Catholic by birth yet only attend mass on Easter and Christmas. Catholocism isn’t so big in the South like it is in some other parts of the US. Unfortunately, many of them give true Christians a bad rap. BTW, I am not saying there aren’t some true Christian Catholics, just that there are an inordinate amount that process to be Catholic just because they went to Catholic parochial school.

Catholics are the original Christians... Baptists, Mormons, Protestants, you all just want to play by your own rules.

But my point is, if you guys didn't live in mortal fear of a terrible afterlife, would most of you be moral? Frankly, not from what I see here.

I have really, not a lot of problem with what Jesus had to say, I wish more Christians would do that. But these fairy stories about him doing magic tricks and promising you an afterlife is what motivates you, not the message.

The state should not teach about sex and sexual choices to children 5-8 years old.

WHAT A CONCEPT!

DeSantis is a great governor. You left wingnut cultists cant stay out of my state...why is that?

What exactly is it that you immagine kids are being "taught" ? That groom shit is as stupid as stupid gets. Teaching kids not to be bullies and bigots is not grooming. Teachi g kids that they do not have to hate themselves if they question their sexuality or gender identity is not grooming. You people could use some grooming. Someone should groom you to get over your hisrionics over this stuff

Forum List

Back