Denver is set to provide 140 homeless transgender and non-binary people with $12,000 in no-strings-attached cash.

AMart

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2020
LOL idiot leftists.

Denver allocates $2M in taxpayer funds to provide homeless women, trans and non-binary people with $12,000 in no-strings-attached cash - as a last-ditch effort to lift them out of destitution, combat soaring crime and clean up encampments​

• Denver has allocated $2million from the American Rescue Plan Act to fund the program, which will be run by the Denver Basic Income Project
  • The participants will be chosen at random but will largely be women, transgender and non-binary individuals
  • The program, which in total will cost around $9million, is seeking to help around 820 people, but the $2million provided by the city will fund around 140 people
  • The program will be divided into three groups with 260 receiving $6,500 upfront then $500 a month for 12 months
  • Another 260 will get $1,000 a month for 12 months and 300 will get $50 stipends to complete surveys to help see how the program is working

Which they'll undoubtedly blow on dope and tattoos.

I used to volunteer for a program that semi-permanently housed homeless women -- provided stable shelter, meals, and medical care, plus a lot of extras, all for a very nominal percentage of their monthly income -- usually welfare.

One of the residents who lived there went to the tattoo parlor and came back with a tattoo that cost her multi-hundreds of dollars. Basically it cost her roughly one month's welfare, minus the rent she paid to the shelter.

I thought of how, if I'd had that money to spend, and I had her lack of life skills -- the only job she'd ever had was stripping -- I'd have been buying books or looking into taking a class or two at the community college.

What a fucking waste.

I used to volunteer for a program that semi-permanently housed homeless women -- provided stable shelter, meals, and medical care, plus a lot of extras, all for a very nominal percentage of their monthly income -- usually welfare.

One of the residents who lived there went to the tattoo parlor and came back with a tattoo that cost her multi-hundreds of dollars. Basically it cost her roughly one month's welfare, minus the rent she paid to the shelter.

I thought of how, if I'd had that money to spend, and I had her lack of life skills -- the only job she'd ever had was stripping -- I'd have been buying books or looking into taking a class or two at the community college.

What a fucking waste.
pknopp, what's so funny about what I posted?

Edit: Oh. I see. pknopp can't think of an intelligent response. Okay.

Don't you love those people who express their rage and fear by hitting the laughing emoji?

Last edited:
All the jackasses who toiled for many years and receive so much less in pensions. quality of work will decline more and more and the costs to build big ticket hardware will increase many times more as our nation dies.

What a fucking waste.
Nonsense

Government has a very long history of solving every problem they throw money at.

It's like the Beetles song, "All you need is money"

Just think what a fucking idiot you would have to be to vote for an elected official who would do something as stupid and vile as that. That pretty well makes you dumber than a door knob.

When you vote for Democrats then you have pretty well proven that you are an idiot.

LOL idiot leftists.

Denver allocates $2M in taxpayer funds to provide homeless women, trans and non-binary people with $12,000 in no-strings-attached cash - as a last-ditch effort to lift them out of destitution, combat soaring crime and clean up encampments​

• Denver has allocated $2million from the American Rescue Plan Act to fund the program, which will be run by the Denver Basic Income Project
  • The participants will be chosen at random but will largely be women, transgender and non-binary individuals
  • The program, which in total will cost around $9million, is seeking to help around 820 people, but the $2million provided by the city will fund around 140 people
  • The program will be divided into three groups with 260 receiving $6,500 upfront then $500 a month for 12 months
  • Another 260 will get $1,000 a month for 12 months and 300 will get $50 stipends to complete surveys to help see how the program is working
What happens if doubling down on stupid doesn't work? You triple down. If that doesn't work, well, you get the picture.

That will last about a week.

And why not straight male homeless people?

They are pieces of shit that need to be forced to be responsible. Just giving them some cash won't do shit. If they gave 10,000 people 12 grand in cash maybe 2 or 3 would actually turn their lives around. But what's gonna do really?

Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but what do people who are out on the street do when it comes time for their taxes to be taken care of? Getting them done alone at all of course isn't free and so when they don't have any money for anything concerning the matter, is an arrest for tax evasion in their card deck or are they given a break because they are out there on the street?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Essentially, they are sayin if you are a homeless vet you get nothing.......unless you put on a skirt and lipstick....then you get that stack of cash. ......The most destructive thing you can do to a homeless person that has a "chemical dependency" or mental disorder is give them $12,000 cash. They won't be eligible to rent an apartment. They can get a hotel room and binge on drugs and alcohol. After a few short weeks the money will be gone, their substance abuse will be at an all time high and they will leave the hotel broke, jonesing and hating themselves for blowing the money. Simply giving them 12 months free rent in a small apartment would likely be far more helpful.

Forum List

Back