Democrats Trying to Outlaw Right To Work Laws

22 states have them and the Dems want to pass a Federal law to ban them. This would mean, if it passes, every worker in America would be forced to join a union in every shop which has one. Ya. the good ole dems don't like freedom of choice at all. I was in a union for 6 years, but I quit because the union kept giving my dues money to Bill Clinton, who I was vehemently opposed to. I wrote the union President about it and I never even got an answer.,

No one has ever been forced to join a union in the USA.

True...i suppose people could have left the state they were living in...but at many points in this country Dem lawmakers, who were getting large campaign donations from Unions via Union Bosses, created laws forcing people to join a union if they wanted to work...Wisconsin had a law like that for decades...which helped maintain the Dem stranglehold on the state....

22 states have them and the Dems want to pass a Federal law to ban them. This would mean, if it passes, every worker in America would be forced to join a union in every shop which has one. Ya. the good ole dems don't like freedom of choice at all. I was in a union for 6 years, but I quit because the union kept giving my dues money to Bill Clinton, who I was vehemently opposed to. I wrote the union President about it and I never even got an answer.,

True...i suppose people could have left the state they were living in...but at many points in this country Dem lawmakers, who were getting large campaign donations from Unions via Union Bosses, created laws forcing people to join a union if they wanted to work...Wisconsin had a law like that for decades...which helped maintain the Dem stranglehold on the state....

WTF, cops are unionized and they strictly vote for Republicans so tell me another lie.

It never ceases to me amaze me how gullible American workers really are. You continue to vote for things that go against your best interests and vote for policies that screw you over at every turn.

Right to work laws aren't passed to help YOU, little man. They're passed to disempower you, and return power to your bosses, and here you are praising your "freedom". Since Reagan broke the back of the union movement, worker wages has stagnated for more than 40 years, and here you are saying how great it is you don't have unions.

But keep voting for Republicans. By the time you die, you'll have NOTHING left. They'll have take all of it and given it to their billionaire bosses.

WTF, cops are unionized and they strictly vote for Republicans so tell me another lie.

Of course they often do...but not sure what that has to do with my post...or what I lied about...can you please point out the lie? .

A lot, if not most rank and file union members support the GOP...it's mainly the Union Bosses that support the Dems...they have a nice quid pro que relationship with the DNC...

Cops don't vote "strictly Republican" at all. Where did you get that crapola? The tremendous late Philadelphia Chief of Police Frank Rizzo was a Democrat most of his life. Served as the leftist mayor of that city in the 1970's.

In the freest nation in the world, there should be no need for a law that allows an American citizen the freedom to get a job anywhere they want whenever they want with whoever they want WITHOUT being a Union member.

Right to work laws aren't passed to help YOU, little man. They're passed to disempower you, and return power to your bosses, and here you are praising your "freedom". Since Reagan broke the back of the union movement, worker wages has stagnated for more than 40 years, and here you are saying how great it is you don't have unions.

But keep voting for Republicans. By the time you die, you'll have NOTHING left. They'll have take all of it and given it to their billionaire bosses.

Unions were already in Free Fall when Reagan was anointed as our President.

And of course, the RTW laws empower workers, regardless of their intent.

If the union bosses get out of line and don't deliver Value for the tribute paid them, RTW laws allow workers to vote with their pocketbook without losing their job.

Then maybe you shouldn’t have applied for a Represented job to begin with. You knew when you applied, or at least when you interviewed, thst it was a Union job. You accepted the position. Deal with it.

Some of us not only chose to be in a Union, we worked to Unionize our previously non-Represented department. Why would we do that? Maybe because we can see the destructive changes which the Company is about to implement that will hurt both us AND the Company.

Unions are not a Panacea, but expecting the Company to put your best interest before anything is equally stupid.

I’ve worked for my employer as a Contractor, a Non-Represented (Management) employee, and a Union member. There is no amount of money or set of benefits the Company could offer me to take a non-Union position.

Many people didn't. I did not apply for a union job...the union came in a few years later. I have gotten screwed in every contract so far.

Half of the reason our industrial base ended up in China is that republicans really desperately wanted to break the political power of Labor. Was it worth it?
Please elaborate
Some on the left may believe it was merely less munificent management that was the problem. Labor must be able to afford our first world economy. US firms should have been taxed at the federal minimum wage rate regardless of where they get their labor. Uncle Sam needs his revenue.

I simply do not believe that I should have to join a union to get a job. Unions, when they get a little power. can be rough to live with. You lose your freedom.

Then maybe you shouldn’t have applied for a Represented job to begin with. You knew when you applied, or at least when you interviewed, thst it was a Union job. You accepted the position. Deal with it.

Some of us not only chose to be in a Union, we worked to Unionize our previously non-Represented department. Why would we do that? Maybe because we can see the destructive changes which the Company is about to implement that will hurt both us AND the Company.

Unions are not a Panacea, but expecting the Company to put your best interest before anything is equally stupid.

I’ve worked for my employer as a Contractor, a Non-Represented (Management) employee, and a Union member. There is no amount of money or set of benefits the Company could offer me to take a non-Union position.
Your opinion is noted. Why should I be forced to join a union is still the question, yes? If you want to join a union, good for you. Do it. Funny how you, who do not have to meet the payroll every week, can see how "destructive" changes will hurt you AND the company. High union wages, benefits and strikes are one reason why manufacturing had to move abroad to remain competitive in the marketplace.
Unions are why the US has little steel manufacturing any more.

Biden has got the Third Reich playbook out again. Mandatory unionization was a feature of Hitler's Germany.

No govt. mandatory unionization of private business has ever occurred in the USA. The govt. does force employers to recognized unions that have been elected by the workers to represent them.

True, but unions can promise the world and business is limited in how it can respond.

I never saw the point in having to pay to get a job.

The union bosses say you're not making enough money and tell you to go on strike -- but they still get paid.

It never ceases to me amaze me how gullible American workers really are. You continue to vote for things that go against your best interests and vote for policies that screw you over at every turn.

You don't have a single solitary clue what's in my best interests. Stop pretending you do.

I simply do not believe that I should have to join a union to get a job. Unions, when they get a little power. can be rough to live with. You lose your freedom.

Your opinion is noted. Why should I be forced to join a union is still the question, yes? If you want to join a union, good for you. Do it. Funny how you, who do not have to meet the payroll every week, can see how "destructive" changes will hurt you AND the company. High union wages, benefits and strikes are one reason why manufacturing had to move abroad to remain competitive in the marketplace.
Their pay demands also sent the auto manufacturers overseas.

Their pay demands also sent the auto manufacturers overseas.
Unions exploit workers for money.

Maybe union members should organize against their unions.

Forum List

Back