Democrats Plan to Legalize Marijuana in 2021

Wow, even Conservative hero Clarence Thomas says it's time to legalize, as the current state of the Fed simultaneously tolerating and forbidding local use of marijuana is contradictory and unstable....

Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas says 'contradictory' and 'unstable' federal marijuana laws may no longer be necessary because states can make up their own policies​

• Conservative justice says federal approach to marijuana is 'half-in, half-out'
  • Clarence Thomas made his comments as Supreme Court declined to hear appeal brought by medical marijuana dispensary
  • He said piecemeal approach that both 'tolerates and forbids' marijuana use no longer makes sense
  • His comments came amid a push for an overhaul of federal law after 18 states legalized recreational use of the drug
  • Public opinion has softened on the issue in recent years

Justice Thomas' full statement is here:

(The case is quite interesting, and is about unequal federal tax law treatment for medical marijuana businesses. Businesses who lose money, still owe income tax, according to the IRS. I am kind of surprised the SCOTUS did not hear the case.)

Wow, even Conservative hero Clarence Thomas says it's time to legalize, as the current state of the Fed simultaneously tolerating and forbidding local use of marijuana is contradictory and unstable....

Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas says 'contradictory' and 'unstable' federal marijuana laws may no longer be necessary because states can make up their own policies​

• Conservative justice says federal approach to marijuana is 'half-in, half-out'
  • Clarence Thomas made his comments as Supreme Court declined to hear appeal brought by medical marijuana dispensary
  • He said piecemeal approach that both 'tolerates and forbids' marijuana use no longer makes sense
  • His comments came amid a push for an overhaul of federal law after 18 states legalized recreational use of the drug

(The case is quite interesting, and is about unequal federal tax law treatment for medical marijuana businesses. Businesses who lose money, still owe income tax, according to the IRS. I am kind of surprised the SCOTUS did not hear the case.)
How weird....a dark person is supportive of drug use. So weird.

some of the things you say are pretty weird too.....

"Weird" or overly rational and realistic?
Can you provide an example?

yea ....a whole lot of the stuff you say about people you dont like,,,namely anyone darker than you....

yea ....a whole lot of the stuff you say about people you dont like,,,namely anyone darker than you....
Sad state we're in when it's "weird" for someone to hate illegal wetbacks...You, nutless conservatives and progressive hunter drank all the fucking koolaid shoved down your throat by the the PC programmers. Congrats...you're woke as fuck!

Legalize it and be done with it. That will allow for the states to tax it and make money off of it. No different than alcohol and we have put up with that for decades.

BrokeLoser

Sad state we're in when it's "weird" for someone to hate illegal wetbacks...You, nutless conservatives and progressive hunter drank all the fucking koolaid shoved down your throat by the the PC programmers. Congrats...you're woke as fuck!
but you dont just hate "illegal wetbacks" do you?.....fucking racist asshole....you cant stand anyone who aint lilly white like you must be.....i wonder what you had shoved down your throat?....

Legalize it and be done with it. That will allow for the states to tax it and make money off of it. No different than alcohol and we have put up with that for decades.
LefTard Logic:
"Since alcohol and tobacco are legal we must not deprive lowlife degenerates and our youth of other means to fuck themselves up."

LefTard Logic:
"Since alcohol and tobacco are legal we must not deprive lowlife degenerates and our youth of other means to fuck themselves up."
are you another dumbass that thinks people on the right never smoke pot?....

BrokeLoser

but you dont just hate "illegal wetbacks" do you?.....fucking racist asshole....you cant stand anyone who aint lilly white like you must be.....i wonder what you had shoved down your throat?....
I'm an equal opportunity hater...I hate ALL filthy fucks...It's possible that I hate you fence sitting ignorant fools and woke white guilt whackos more than any other groups...Where do you go with that Wokester?

LefTard Logic:
Not at all...I know many stand-up people who smoke pot...NONE have ever thought it was a good idea to legalize.

LefTard Logic:
What is the harm in legalizing pot? It doesn't change the landscape at all. People use pot medically for pain and it is a lot better to use pot than opiates, that is the crap that will kill you and the side effect for pot are a lot less severe than with opiates. The other use is for anti-anxiety, again pharmaceuticals have worse and longer lasting side effects than pot.

So take your leftard logic BS and cram it because your logic is just plain stupid.

LefTard Logic:
What is the harm in legalizing pot? It doesn't change the landscape at all. People use pot medically for pain and it is a lot better to use pot than opiates, that is the crap that will kill you and the side effect for pot are a lot less severe than with opiates. The other use is for anti-anxiety, again pharmaceuticals have worse and longer lasting side effects than pot.

So take your leftard logic BS and cram it because your logic is just plain stupid.
Legalizing for medicinal use is different than legalizing for recreational use. You honestly didn't know that?

"Democratic Senate leadership has a plan to legalize marijuana at the federal level at some point this year.

In a joint statement released Monday, Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer, Senate Finance Committee Chairman Ron Wyden and Senator Cory Booker detailed how the Democratic-controlled upper chamber will prioritize federal marijuana legalization in the new Congress. They plan to introduce legislation in the coming weeks designed to establish a taxed and regulated cannabis market."

More at the link...

Last congress, a bill to legalize marijuana actually passed the House. It never came to the floor of the Senate...

So far this year, Republican Gregory Steube of Florida has introduced a bill to reclassify marijuana from Schedule I to Schedule III. It has zero cosponsors, so it probably won't go anywhere...

The question is, if/when this happens, will Biden sign it? I suspect he will, despite his previous opposition to legalization, because he is a puppet.
Good. We got fcking in Miss because of our state supreme court deciding not only to kick out voter initiated legalization of med weed, and making it easy to qualify, but then totally eliminating citizen initiated laws too.

LefTard Logic:
I hate the smell of pot and wouldn't use it, however I have seen people do better health wise, with less side effects, so it works for me.

LefTard Logic:

Legalizing for medicinal use is different than legalizing for recreational use. You honestly didn't know that?
And many won't go to a doctor and why should they have to pay for a doctor when they can go to a store and pick it up? It saves them money and to me doctors are there just to generate revenue for themselves.

The irony is that Justice Thomas is incredibly intelligent, and his written statement had nothing to do with support of smoking weed but everything to do with the Federal Government having policy which is consistent and Constitutional.

So I welcome any White poster here to put their character up against his for all to see and judge.

I get so disappointed when potentially interesting discussions get dumbed-down so quickly with trolling comments.

I'm sure the Bible-belching conservatives will recoil in horror, but the truth is, marijuana is a far better, and safer, alternative to alcohol.

Minorities have always been most impacted by marijuana laws, ruining far too many lives for nothing. This is the first step, the next would be expungement.
As a Conservative, I’m all for it. I’ve never tried marijuana, don’t plan to, but I am a big fan of individual rights and personal accountability; meaning, if you overindulge in marijuana like some do with alcohol and impact the rights of others, you pay the price.

Forum List

Back