Democrats Plan On Nation's School Buses Wasteful!

A few weeks ago, President Biden announced his support for a bill that would make all school buses electric in 10 years. This is another disconnect between green extremism and reality. Electric cars function poorly or not at all in cold weather. Electric cars have limited range and can take up to 12 hours to recharge. Plus, 80% of our electricity comes from natural gas, coal, and nuclear power.

Study Shows Electric Cars Become Practically Useless In Cold Weather​

A better action would be to convert all school buses to natural gas, which burns much more cleanly than gasoline. However, the green movement has become so extreme that it now opposes natural gas, even though we have greatly reduced our carbon emissions by using more natural gas over the last eight years. Sadly, Biden's energy plan would aim to cut our use of natural gas by around 30% in 10 years. In contrast, Obama's energy plan vastly increased our use of natural gas because it produces far fewer emissions than gasoline or coal.
How would he charge them? Need power grid first

and the average school bus logs 12,000 miles a year in 9 months

That is 60 miles a day
Your math sucks! Try again!
12,000 miles in nine months is just over 1300 miles per month. Divide that by, say, 25 equals what? I suck at math and know that his calculations are correct. You don't teach math do you?

OK, Seabitch, I forgot you are stupid and had to go to school five more days be month than everyone else. I just didn't think they sent every bus in the district to take you to school.

Schools average 20 class days per month. I guess that applies to everyone except morons like you.

That is 60 miles a day
12,000 miles in nine months is just over 1300 miles per month. Divide that by, say, 25 equals what? I suck at math and know that his calculations are correct. You don't teach math do you?

OK, Seabitch, I forgot you are stupid and had to go to school five more days be month than everyone else. I just didn't think they sent every bus in the district to take you to school.

Schools average 20 class days per month. I guess that applies to everyone except morons like you.

Maybe they don't have, teacher in service days, holidays and Easter and Christmas breaks like everyone else.

That is 60 miles a day

Maybe they don't have, teacher in service days, holidays and Easter and Christmas breaks like everyone else.

I don't know of any atheistic school districts. Do you? :abgg2q.jpg:

We keep finding more and more so-called fossil fuels.
Right now China is building in excess of 125,000 megawatts of coal-fired power plants.

Update:
Known oil reserves
Annual consumption of oil
1,651,000,000,000 / 31,536,000,000 = 52.3528665652 years.
= 52.3528665652 years then the well runs dry..

96.56X365=35,244 BARRELS OF OIL CONSUMED IN 2016
Oil consumption in barrels per day 2019 | Statista

New estimates of worldwide crude oil reserves total 1.651 trillion bbl
https://tinyurl.com/yc88h7h2

Climate Change will not bring about our end~~ but this will; within your grandchild’s life time

The climate has been changing since day one & it will continue to change, with or without us!!!

Today’s real issue is ENERGY, so let’s get together and fix this while we still can

The end of the Fossil Fuel era is upon us so what are we going to do next-?
Energy information Administration Official Energy Statistics from the US government
Analysis & Projections - U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA)

The above report indicates that the US will be using primarily oil as our main energy source through 2030.

The world's total declared reserves are 1,317,400,000,000 barrels (January 2007).
Oil reserves - Wikipedia

World oil consumption 2005 is 80,290,000 barrels per day or 29,305,850,000 per year
https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/rankorder/2174rank.html

Dividing annual consumption into total reserves gives us 44.9 years of oil supply at the current consumption rate.

That was eleven (12)years ago, we are not changing our habits and this spells doom for us all.

At that rate Libya will exhaust all its reserves within 63 years
Existing oil fields undergoing a 7–8% decline rate

China is joining France and Britain in announcing plans to end sales of gasoline and diesel cars.

China's industry ministry is developing a timetable to end production and sale of traditional fuel cars and will promote development of electric technology,
state media on Sunday cited a Cabinet official as saying.

France and Britain announced in July they will stop sales of gasoline and diesel automobiles by 2040 as part of efforts to reduce pollution and carbon emissions that contribute to global warming.

Communist leaders also want to curb China's growing appetite for imported oil and see electric cars as a promising industry in which their country can take an early lead.

China passed the United States last year as the biggest electric car market. Sales of electrics and gasoline-electric hybrids rose 50 percent over 2015 to 336,000 vehicles, or 40 percent of global demand. U.S. sales totaled 159,620.
https://tinyurl.com/ycsg6xb6

the truth will set us free
:)-
We aren't running out of fossil fuel or oil.

We keep finding more and more so-called fossil fuels.
Right now China is building in excess of 125,000 megawatts of coal-fired power plants.

Update:
Known oil reserves
Annual consumption of oil
1,651,000,000,000 / 31,536,000,000 = 52.3528665652 years.
= 52.3528665652 years then the well runs dry..
the truth will set us free
:)-

LOL

Go back to 1990 when they were predicting 'peak oil' by 2000.

There's plenty of oil and NG.

It is amazing to see people afraid of new technology. Sure electric vehicle have a long way to go to be on equal footing with gas running cars in the US. Yet they have made progress from day one since they were introduced. All the big dealers are making them. The Scandinavian countries are leading the way with Norway that has electric car companies with 75 percent of the market.

The steam car competed with the gas car. Unfortunately Ford figured a way to mass produce gas car and won that battle and they Texas had its first oil boom.

So if gas prices remain low then they can starve off elimination for quite a few years. Car prices will also play a role.

Still electric cars are an alternative and once they have a significant number of refueling stations then it will be about how much they cost and how much it cost to maintain them.

I

It is amazing to see people afraid of new technology. Sure electric vehicle have a long way to go to be on equal footing with gas running cars in the US. Yet they have made progress from day one since they were introduced. All the big dealers are making them. The Scandinavian countries are leading the way with Norway that has electric car companies with 75 percent of the market.

The steam car competed with the gas car. Unfortunately Ford figured a way to mass produce gas car and won that battle and they Texas had its first oil boom.

So if gas prices remain low then they can starve off elimination for quite a few years. Car prices will also play a role.

Still electric cars are an alternative and once they have a significant number of refueling stations then it will be about how much they cost and how much it cost to maintain them.

I
Once again you fuck battery /electric cars are old technology

That is 60 miles a day

I don't know of any atheistic school districts. Do you? :abgg2q.jpg:

Nope

The purpose of the mandate is so that folks aligned with the party can cash-in on the electric bus scam and kick back some of it to Biden and other members of the party.

Every government expenditure is an opportunity for members of the party to get paid and they get paid!

It's irrelevant as to whether or not the program is good for America. All that matters is that members of the party get paid.
Did the former president get paid?
Obama? I'm sure he did.

That is 60 miles a day

You're assuming there's no need to take school teams, cheer squads and bands to away games. Here in TX that could be 100 miles, each way. Out in West TX even further.

Like Texas would ever buy Electric School Buses

Drill Baby, Drill

Yeah, we're so backward we produce almost 30% of the wind energy produced in the whole US. How much does your backwater shithole State produce?

We have seen how dependable the Texas power grid is

Best you stay away from electric vehicles.....unless you charge them in Cancun

That is 60 miles a day

Did that make sense in your head because it did not translate from your crazy to English. What you just vomited on the page doesn't change the math being correct.

A few weeks ago, President Biden announced his support for a bill that would make all school buses electric in 10 years. This is another disconnect between green extremism and reality. Electric cars function poorly or not at all in cold weather. Electric cars have limited range and can take up to 12 hours to recharge. Plus, 80% of our electricity comes from natural gas, coal, and nuclear power.

Study Shows Electric Cars Become Practically Useless In Cold Weather​

A better action would be to convert all school buses to natural gas, which burns much more cleanly than gasoline. However, the green movement has become so extreme that it now opposes natural gas, even though we have greatly reduced our carbon emissions by using more natural gas over the last eight years. Sadly, Biden's energy plan would aim to cut our use of natural gas by around 30% in 10 years. In contrast, Obama's energy plan vastly increased our use of natural gas because it produces far fewer emissions than gasoline or coal.

School buses are an excellent example of a vehicles that should be electric.

With the size of the vehicle, it could easily have enough batteries for 200 or 300 miles or more. I doubt any single school bus route is bigger than that.

The cold weather effects the batteries. But then, it effects diesel engines too. The way they run diesels in cold weather is to plug them in to keep necessary parts and fluids warm. The same could be done with an electric school bus.

As for the time to recharge, they can be charged overnight. No problem.
That's right. A school district with 200 school buses is going to put them all on charge overnight in the middle of January. No problem. HAAAAAA HAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!
Let's see. How many feet of extension cord will that take? How many charging stations will it take? How much load is going to be put on the facility that actually generates the electricity? The fucking batteries are going to need replacing every two years. How much will that cost the local taxpayers? Where will the unusable old batteries go?
Typical DEM goat-fuck rodeo. "Eat in the bathroom and shit in the kitchen" logic.

The USPS is also going all green
You do realize there are thousands of old battery run cars in the UK sitting in a field because the replacement batteries cost more than the car. The landfills refuse to take them and they are sitting there leaking acid in the ground. My God, you people are stupid.
Technology has evolved

Physics hasn't, it takes a ton of power to heat with electricity. Heating the interior of a school bus would be the equivalent of heating a couple of homes. They aren't well insulated and the door is opened and closed constantly. Also the constant starting and stopping uses more energy as well. Natural gas or hydrogen fuel cell would be a much better fit over batteries.

Just bundle up the kids in a few extra layers of cheap clothing made by twelve year old slaves in China and India. No problem.

That is 60 miles a day

Did that make sense in your head because it did not translate from your crazy to English. What you just vomited on the page doesn't change the math being correct.
The Perfessor is not good at math......he must teach in a Red State

The USPS is also going all green
You do realize there are thousands of old battery run cars in the UK sitting in a field because the replacement batteries cost more than the car. The landfills refuse to take them and they are sitting there leaking acid in the ground. My God, you people are stupid.
Technology has evolved

Physics hasn't, it takes a ton of power to heat with electricity. Heating the interior of a school bus would be the equivalent of heating a couple of homes. They aren't well insulated and the door is opened and closed constantly. Also the constant starting and stopping uses more energy as well. Natural gas or hydrogen fuel cell would be a much better fit over batteries.

Just bundle up the kids in a few extra layers of cheap clothing made by twelve year old slaves in China and India. No problem.
As a kid, I don’t remember our school buses being especially warm. Definitely not air conditioned.

Well it not that school bus travel a great distance. Pick up the kids and drop them off.
They don't? I'll bet you would like putting the mileage on your cars that a school bus adds every day.

In my school district, the buses make runs sometimes 14 times per day, That's 2 high school runs, 2 elementary runs, 2 middle school runs, and 1 kindergarten run each morning and then again at night. Those that don't, pick up all grades and distribute them to the elementary, middle and high schools that are sometimes 10 miles apart. After school hours, they are used to transport kids for athletics and academic competitions. When exactly are they going to recharge?
They have rapid charging stations.

You can also do battery swaps. You have no faith in American ingenuity?
Lol, a friend of mines brother has one of those expensive electric cars. You have to plan your entire trip around charging stations. Also we don't have enough available electricity to power the cars in question, and Biden wants us to go totally green in 10 years. Lol, you guys are idiots.
Who says we don't have the electricity?

But we ARE way behind in EV infrastructure. Did you know that in one month China installed more EV charging stations than we have in the entire US? Why do you want China to beat us at this race?
How does it effect us how many charging stations china has?
China has people who have never left the home they were born in! Why do they need vehicles? Oh, that's right! The CCP has to travel to spread their ideology.
That's your argument for letting China beat the pants off us? :lol:
Again who cares if they have more charging stations, how does it affect the USA?
Makes us the losers. I want the US to win, come out ahead of the Chicoms. Show the world that WE are better, not them. It is a battle and we are losing.

If the Chinese decided that jumping off bridges would put them ahead, would you be the first one to follow suit here in the US?
Again, that's the best argument you could come up with? We beat other countries in the space race. We can win this battle too if we invest in our infrastructure like other countries do. Been to an airport in Europe? Puts ours to shame. We can and should do better.

Yes, been all over Europe. Their airports are not that great. I guess you puddle pilots don't get around much as us blue water sailors. The biggest shock I ever got was getting on the plane and THEN buying my ticket!
My biggest shock was not having to pay for my plane ticket until I had left the plane and entered the airport terminal.

The airline didn't have anyone to sell tickets at the airport I departed from. The ticket agent/s at our departure point were on strike. LOL!

Some rank and file Democrats need to up their game from an integrity level their current behavior doesn't comport with being a legislator for the greatest country the world has seen. I am referring to the "Clean Commute for Kids Act of 2021" it would have been better to name the bill "Reducing Damage To The Climate From School Buses Act" because if that was the goal that would be a worthy goal. If the bill didn't try to replace perfectly good petroleum powered buses with electric or hydrogen powered buses because it makes environmentalist happy but rather had as its aim that every year school districts across the country have to replace school buses so the Federal government is going to advance good public policy to protect the climate by helping them buy green buses. The federal government for low income school districts will give grants to pay the difference between the cost of a traditional diesel or unleaded gasoline bus and electric or hydrogen powered bus whichever the school district seeks to purchase and a grant for the supporting infrastructure EV charging stations or hydrogen storage tanks. The Federal government could appropriate one billion dollars per year for this purpose to remain available for such school districts until distributed through grants. This Democrat bill muddies up the water there is all these loopholes where the bill could be read so that the Federal government is going to be paying upward of seventy or ninety percent of the price of these zero emission buses, America is broke we have a national debt crisis we cannot be picking up the capital expenditure expense for buses for local school districts. Appropriating twenty-five billion dollars in this bill might satisfy certain Democrats greed to send money to their districts from Washington but it is not responsible governance these members of Congress have a duty to be good stewards of the nation's finances and the nation's economy!
WALLOFWORDS!!!!!

That is 60 miles a day

Listen, shit for brains! I was a math teacher for 21 years. Your use of 25 days per month is simply wrong. Some months have more than 20 days or less than 20 days, depending on holidays and breaks. A typical school year is over 9 months long at 196 classroom days. The number 20 is more accurate. You would know that is you ever attended school while not high as a kite!

BTW, you inability to read for comprehension is not the fault of my post, Seabitch!

That is 60 miles a day

Listen, shit for brains! I was a math teacher for 21 years. Your use of 25 days per month is simply wrong. Some months have more than 20 days or less than 20 days, depending on holidays and breaks. A typical school year is over 9 months long at 196 classroom days. The number 20 is more accurate. You would know that is you ever attended school while not high as a kite!

BTW, you inability to read for comprehension is not the fault of my post, Seabitch!
LOL

Some math teacher
Maybe you need to invest in a calculator. Fingers and toes are not working out for you

Forum List

Back