Democrats Plan On Nation's School Buses Wasteful!

The USPS is also going all green
You do realize there are thousands of old battery run cars in the UK sitting in a field because the replacement batteries cost more than the car. The landfills refuse to take them and they are sitting there leaking acid in the ground. My God, you people are stupid.
Technology has evolved

Physics hasn't, it takes a ton of power to heat with electricity. Heating the interior of a school bus would be the equivalent of heating a couple of homes. They aren't well insulated and the door is opened and closed constantly. Also the constant starting and stopping uses more energy as well. Natural gas or hydrogen fuel cell would be a much better fit over batteries.

A combination of all three is acceptable.

Well it not that school bus travel a great distance. Pick up the kids and drop them off.
They don't? I'll bet you would like putting the mileage on your cars that a school bus adds every day.

In my school district, the buses make runs sometimes 14 times per day, That's 2 high school runs, 2 elementary runs, 2 middle school runs, and 1 kindergarten run each morning and then again at night. Those that don't, pick up all grades and distribute them to the elementary, middle and high schools that are sometimes 10 miles apart. After school hours, they are used to transport kids for athletics and academic competitions. When exactly are they going to recharge?
They have rapid charging stations.

You can also do battery swaps. You have no faith in American ingenuity?

Tell the class how much these spare batteries will cost and how much will it cost to have the technicians and equipment to change them.

The entire process can be automated.

The world is running out of fossil fuels, including natural gas.
That idea has been promoted for 125 years

And the Chicken Littles have always been proven wrong

Besides most greenies look forward to the day we run out of fossil fuel

The sooner the better as far as they are concerned

Electric cars are not a better choice for most consumers today

But eventually they will be

And when they are the best choice liberal green baby hitlers won't have the bully the public into buying them

Well it not that school bus travel a great distance. Pick up the kids and drop them off.
They don't? I'll bet you would like putting the mileage on your cars that a school bus adds every day.

In my school district, the buses make runs sometimes 14 times per day, That's 2 high school runs, 2 elementary runs, 2 middle school runs, and 1 kindergarten run each morning and then again at night. Those that don't, pick up all grades and distribute them to the elementary, middle and high schools that are sometimes 10 miles apart. After school hours, they are used to transport kids for athletics and academic competitions. When exactly are they going to recharge?

Lol, a friend of mines brother has one of those expensive electric cars. You have to plan your entire trip around charging stations. Also we don't have enough available electricity to power the cars in question, and Biden wants us to go totally green in 10 years. Lol, you guys are idiots.
Who says we don't have the electricity?

But we ARE way behind in EV infrastructure. Did you know that in one month China installed more EV charging stations than we have in the entire US? Why do you want China to beat us at this race?
How does it effect us how many charging stations china has?
China has people who have never left the home they were born in! Why do they need vehicles? Oh, that's right! The CCP has to travel to spread their ideology.
China has an emerging middle class. They have money to spend and want cars....just like Americans did
They do not have the have the roads for those vehicles. My son's family took an all-expense paid trip to China and visited many of their major cities. It took him weeks to recover from the culture shock.

My granddaughter has blond hair. She could literally stop traffic because the people were so sheltered and uneducated, they had never seen anything like it before. China is a medieval population in a modern 1950s era for the most part.

Lol, a friend of mines brother has one of those expensive electric cars. You have to plan your entire trip around charging stations. Also we don't have enough available electricity to power the cars in question, and Biden wants us to go totally green in 10 years. Lol, you guys are idiots.

But we ARE way behind in EV infrastructure. Did you know that in one month China installed more EV charging stations than we have in the entire US? Why do you want China to beat us at this race?
China has people who have never left the home they were born in! Why do they need vehicles? Oh, that's right! The CCP has to travel to spread their ideology.
That's your argument for letting China beat the pants off us? :lol:
Again who cares if they have more charging stations, how does it affect the USA?
Makes us the losers. I want the US to win, come out ahead of the Chicoms. Show the world that WE are better, not them. It is a battle and we are losing.

If the Chinese decided that jumping off bridges would put them ahead, would you be the first one to follow suit here in the US?
Again, that's the best argument you could come up with? We beat other countries in the space race. We can win this battle too if we invest in our infrastructure like other countries do. Been to an airport in Europe? Puts ours to shame. We can and should do better.

Yes, been all over Europe. Their airports are not that great. I guess you puddle pilots don't get around much as us blue water sailors. The biggest shock I ever got was getting on the plane and THEN buying my ticket!

China has an emerging middle class. They have money to spend and want cars....just like Americans did
They do not have the have the roads for those vehicles. My son's family took an all-expense paid trip to China and visited many of their major cities. It took him weeks to recover from the culture shock.

My granddaughter has blond hair. She could literally stop traffic because the people were so sheltered and uneducated, they had never seen anything like it before. China is a medieval population in a modern 1950s era for the most part.
Even you have to admit that China has made massive investments in infrastructure over the last 50 years. They would laugh at our rail infrastructure with our obsolete trains.

1621795592403.jpeg

A few weeks ago, President Biden announced his support for a bill that would make all school buses electric in 10 years. This is another disconnect between green extremism and reality. Electric cars function poorly or not at all in cold weather. Electric cars have limited range and can take up to 12 hours to recharge. Plus, 80% of our electricity comes from natural gas, coal, and nuclear power.

Study Shows Electric Cars Become Practically Useless In Cold Weather​

A better action would be to convert all school buses to natural gas, which burns much more cleanly than gasoline. However, the green movement has become so extreme that it now opposes natural gas, even though we have greatly reduced our carbon emissions by using more natural gas over the last eight years. Sadly, Biden's energy plan would aim to cut our use of natural gas by around 30% in 10 years. In contrast, Obama's energy plan vastly increased our use of natural gas because it produces far fewer emissions than gasoline or coal.
Our President is on the right course. I fully support the President's efforts to transition from fossil fuels. Keep it up, Joe!

Tell the class how much these spare batteries will cost and how much will it cost to have the technicians and equipment to change them.

The entire process can be automated.
Have you looked into a remedial reading program in your area? Those cars are designed to use that system, it costs $3 million per facility, and there were so many contradictions in that article, I have no idea what you were trying to prove.

You are not listening.
That is a false paradigm.
It was a long article with no facts to support the theme.
Please get to your point and then all here can jump in, creating a great discussion.
The ball is in your court, go for it

I am here

:)-
. . . :sigh2:

Peak Oil Theory vs. Russian-Ukrainian Modern Theory
By George Crispin

". . . In 1946 Stalin, one of the leading killers of all time but no fool, recognized that Soviet Russia was short of oil, particularly if he was going to successfully wage war on the world. At that time the Baku fields in Russia were running dry and most Soviet territory appeared to not contain oil. His assignment to his scientific community was to learn all that was possible about petroleum and its origins. "By 1951, what has been called the modern Russian — Ukrainian Theory Of Deep Abiotic Petroleum Origins" was born (maybe born again would be more accurate), and debated, studied and peer reviewed for twenty years, all in Russian of course, and completely ignored by the West.

It has long since been much more than a theory and for twenty years Russian drillers have successfully brought in super deep wells using it. The deepest exploratory hole went to 40,000 feet. Russia, once regarded as having little potential, is now, along with ourselves and Saudi Arabia one of the top three oil producers in the world. There are more than 80 oil and gas fields in the Caspian district, all producing from crystalline basement rock. 90 petroleum fields have been developed in western Siberia. "11 major and one giant field have been developed in the Dnieper-Donets basin;" there are 20 wells in Viet Nam producing at 17,000 feet in areas that Western experts considered not worth exploring.

This might seem of little import, were it not for the fact that many people insist that much of the world will shortly be out of oil (a true irresponsible fairy tale), which will make it necessary for countries to seize oil fields. The world is not running out of oil and typically anyone owning an oil field is interested in finding a market for its product.. . . "

A few weeks ago, President Biden announced his support for a bill that would make all school buses electric in 10 years. This is another disconnect between green extremism and reality. Electric cars function poorly or not at all in cold weather. Electric cars have limited range and can take up to 12 hours to recharge. Plus, 80% of our electricity comes from natural gas, coal, and nuclear power.

Study Shows Electric Cars Become Practically Useless In Cold Weather​

A better action would be to convert all school buses to natural gas, which burns much more cleanly than gasoline. However, the green movement has become so extreme that it now opposes natural gas, even though we have greatly reduced our carbon emissions by using more natural gas over the last eight years. Sadly, Biden's energy plan would aim to cut our use of natural gas by around 30% in 10 years. In contrast, Obama's energy plan vastly increased our use of natural gas because it produces far fewer emissions than gasoline or coal.

Well Mike, you are missing the point as always: the Left does not care whether EVs work in the freezing cold or not. They don't care if half the people are stranded unable to get where they are going. They don't care if people die. THEY WANT ELECTRIC CARS. Not because they work better. Not because people are asking for them. Not because it'll help the climate. And not because the technology has finally come to fruition.

BUT BECAUSE THEY WANT TO PUT BIG OIL OUT OF BUSINESS. Communists always want to own the means of production.

Batteries absolutely SUCK in the cold. New technology batteries will cost a mint. The phasing out of ICE cars for electric over POLITICS rather than SCIENCE will turn into an enormous debachle.

I hope I'm still alive to see an electric car world so I can toot my horn and drive by all the stranded, broken down or financially exhausted EV owners out there!

You do realize there are thousands of old battery run cars in the UK sitting in a field because the replacement batteries cost more than the car. The landfills refuse to take them and they are sitting there leaking acid in the ground. My God, you people are stupid.
Technology has evolved

Physics hasn't, it takes a ton of power to heat with electricity. Heating the interior of a school bus would be the equivalent of heating a couple of homes. They aren't well insulated and the door is opened and closed constantly. Also the constant starting and stopping uses more energy as well. Natural gas or hydrogen fuel cell would be a much better fit over batteries.

Guess what.....Electric School buses are here
They work, districts are buying them

View attachment 492721

I guess we'll see if they are replaced by conventional or new electric buses. Under ideal conditions they are only good for about 120 miles on a charge and take about 8 hours to recharge on level 2 chargers. I still don't think they will be practical for rural areas.

Technology has evolved

Guess what.....Electric School buses are here
They work, districts are buying them

View attachment 492721

I guess we'll see if they are replaced by conventional or new electric buses. Under ideal conditions they are only good for about 120 miles on a charge and take about 8 hours to recharge on level 2 chargers. I still don't think they will be practical for rural areas.

120 miles is quite a distance for most school districts
8 hours will charge them overnight

Just imagine this bus full of people. The whole electric bus is engulfed in flames in seconds. No time to escape. Within 15 seconds, an adjacent electric bus is also an inferno.
No one was in the bus & I refuse to imagine there were.
People die in car crashes every day.
Still people continue to drive cars

Yeah, two died in a Tesla in Houston, it took the fire dept 2 hours to put out the fire because of the battery.

I have an idea concerning electric cars.

I envision you drive up to your filling station, much like a gas station today. There are alignment tracks that you drive along and then the red-light pops on saying “STOP”. Much like a car wash. You put on your parking brake, a machine reaches up under your car and removes a large, discharged battery and a charged one is put in to replace the discharged one. Within ten (10) minutes or less you have exchanged your discharged battery with a charged one. Now off you go with a 300-mile charged battery.

Tesla has already got the technology to do this. And do it faster than filling up with gas.

In the UK they have thousands of electric vehicles sitting in a field because it cost more to replace the battery than it worth and the landfills won't take them.

Yep, the batteries are toxic. If someone could figure out how to recycle them they'll make a shit ton of money.

In the UK they have thousands of electric vehicles sitting in a field because it cost more to replace the battery than it worth and the landfills won't take them.

Yep, the batteries are toxic. If someone could figure out how to recycle them they'll make a shit ton of money.

They say even recycling them is dangerous one wrong move and you're covered in acid. I've seen cars run on compressed air. They are quick.

Forum List

Back