Democrats in trouble for 2010, Rove article in Wall Street Journal.

Maple

Mar 15, 2009
He talks about Senator Bennett in Colorado, he is a sure gonner in 2010. I live here and know full well the anger that is directed at him because I see it and hear everyday. He killed any chance of re-election when he signed the no stimulus stimulus bill without reading it first. Then he gets on CNN and states he will sign a Health care reform bill with a public option. Coloradoans overwhelmingly are opposed to a public option.

Karl Rove: CanRepublicans Retake the Senate in 2010? - WSJ.com

By KARL ROVE
Democrats began the year as masters of the political universe, winning the White House and increasing their majorities in Congress. But the year is ending badly for them. Their top initiative, health care, is deeply unpopular. Congress's approval rating is 26%, Speaker Nancy Pelosi's is 28%, and Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid's is an anemic 14%.

Political currents are running against the party of Barack Obama. Democrats now trail Republicans by four points in Gallup's generic ballot poll. In 1994, the year the GOP took control of Congress, it wasn't until March that Republicans took the lead in that poll—and then only by one point and for a short period of time.

With a good environment this election cycle, Republicans have recruited competitive candidates who could turn otherwise close contests into runaway victories, likely defeats into wins or at least close contests that, if things break right, tip to the GOP.

Last edited:
Rove! That bastich is not dead yet? An oversight that needs correcting.

I figured he was like OJ and still looking for those lost emails.

Yeah, but he was also that mastermind of that eviiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiil Booooooooooooooooosh's two elections. :lol::lol:

Other Senate seats are competitive because the Democrats who hold them are coming to be seen as out of step with their constituents.

In Connecticut, Sen. Chris Dodd trails former Republican Rep. Rob Simmons 35% to 48% in the latest Quinnipiac poll. In Arkansas, Sen. Blanche Lincoln trails Republican State Sen. Gilbert Baker 41% to 47% in the latest polls, though Mr. Baker must first get past a multicandidate GOP primary. In California, Sen. Barbara Boxer is vulnerable. Former Hewlett Packard CEO Carly Fiorina could be a strong candidate against her if she can win her nomination battle and use it to introduce herself to voters.

In Pennsylvania, Democrats are fighting themselves as Rep. Joe Sestak takes on Sen. Arlen Specter. Whoever wins that bruising primary will have to take on Republican Pat Toomey, a former congressman who is putting together a strong campaign.

One race that hasn't jelled yet is North Dakota. Republicans want Gov. John Hoeven to run—he leads Democrat Sen. Byron Dorgan by 19 points in a matchup.

In Nevada, Mr. Reid has an $8 million war chest and 35 years in office. But he trails one-term GOP state Sen. Sue Lowden 41% to 51% and twice-defeated Republican candidate Danny Tarkanian 42% to 48%, even after a $1 million media blitz. If the primary fight doesn't splinter conservatives, no amount of money will guarantee that Mr. Reid will remain in the Senate.

Last edited:
Now you are bringing up ancient history with quoting Rove?

You know how historically challenged these liberals are, they need a reminder every 2 seconds that history actually happened.

" With liberals, history STARTS each and every new day." Ann Coulter.

Dont you remember we are not supposed to mention Bush because that is ancient history according to you guys.

Rove is part of that ancient history

I hope Rove is right, the sooner we can get some control the sooner we can at least slow down this administrations train wreck.

We are going to do more than just slow this train wreck down, we are going to stop it dead in it's tracks. Let's just hope that his own party slows it down until we can get there in Nov 2010.:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Dont you remember we are not supposed to mention Bush because that is ancient history according to you guys.

50% of Americans are wishing right now, that Booooooooooooooooooosh was still in the WH, especially after witnessing first hand what the present leftist POTUS is doing.:lol:

Booooooooooooooooooooosh is gaining in popularity, the longer Obama is in there he makes Boooooooooooooooooooosh look pretty good. LOL

Last edited:
I hope Rove is right, the sooner we can get some control the sooner we can at least slow down this administrations train wreck.

We are going to do more than just slow this train wreck down, we are going to stop it dead in it's tracks. Let's just hope that his own party slows it down until we can get there in Nov 2010.:clap2::clap2::clap2:

you have the job as "czar for proclaiming wide-eyed ridiculous statements" in the coming palin admin locked down. :clap2::clap2::clap2:

Yeah, but he was also that mastermind of that eviiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiil Booooooooooooooooosh's two elections. :lol::lol:

also mastermind of Bush's run for guv.
He represents the dark side of the republican party

Most libs say that, but those same libs would cut off their apendages to have him working on their side...

also mastermind of Bush's run for guv.
He represents the dark side of the republican party

Most libs say that, but those same libs would cut off their apendages to have him working on their side...

This lib would be hard pressed not to punch rove in the nose if I met him.

50% of Americans are wishing right now, that Booooooooooooooooooosh was still in the WH, especially after witnessing first hand what the present leftist POTUS is doing.:lol:

Booooooooooooooooooooosh is gaining in popularity, the longer Obama is in there he makes Boooooooooooooooooooosh look pretty good. LOL

Lets see your proof?

Your ass must be getting real tired of having things pulled out of it.

He talks about Senator Bennett in Colorado, he is a sure gonner in 2010. I live here and know full well the anger that is directed at him because I see it and hear everyday. He killed any chance of re-election when he signed the no stimulus stimulus bill without reading it first. Then he gets on CNN and states he will sign a Health care reform bill with a public option. Coloradoans overwhelmingly are opposed to a public option.

Why do these representatives go against what the voters want? Same thing happened here in Arkansas with Blanche Lincoln. They're just :cuckoo:.

If you're a honest lib you'd admit to wanting him for your "team"...

I am not a team player in politics. I am non partisan.
I lean more left in my ideals, but think both sides suck. The Republicans just scare me more. I do not bow down to what scares me. I deal with it.

If you're a honest lib you'd admit to wanting him for your "team"...

I am not a team player in politics. I am non partisan.
I lean more left in my ideals, but think both sides suck. The Republicans just scare me more. I do not bow down to what scares me. I deal with it.

Why does an out of power political party scare you? You have it all now - all branches...

Barry, Reid and Pelosi should scare you... They scare me because they control the pursestrings... Although, if your "non-partisan" goal is to increase big gubmint and wealth redistribution then maybe they don't scare you...

Forum List

Back