Democrats Continue Fighting For Tax Cuts For The Rich

Independentthinker

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 2015
And, they will vote against Biden's Build Back Better III if tax cuts for the wealthy are not included in the package. This party is so screwed up.

I think they'll vote for it anyway, minus the tax cut for the rich. Because if they don't then there's a better chance the more moderate democrats will lose their seats in the next election and the democrats will find themselves in the House minority. But I think the BBB3 might not get passed in the Senate anyway, they got problems over there and I haven't heard squat about Kyrsten Sinema, it's been all about Manchin but Sinema had a different set of priorities and I haven't heard if she's on-board yet. I think the dems are running out of time.

True, but McConnell is defending those making over 400K from a tax cut to pay for medicare drugs, and he's threatened to torpedo the bipartisan bill to fund supply chains in the US to get out from under China suppliers.

And all this ignores the basic economic tenet that too much money in an economy creates inflation. So a tax hike that would actually reduce what people pay for drugs actually would both decrease consumer spending and take money out of the economy.

I think they'll vote for it anyway, minus the tax cut for the rich. Because if they don't then there's a better chance the more moderate democrats will lose their seats in the next election and the democrats will find themselves in the House minority. But I think the BBB3 might not get passed in the Senate anyway, they got problems over there and I haven't heard squat about Kyrsten Sinema, it's been all about Manchin but Sinema had a different set of priorities and I haven't heard if she's on-board yet. I think the dems are running out of time.
Breaking news: With the new inflation figures out, Manchin wants to relook at everything.

Forum List

Back