Democrat Governor to Pardon 45000 Criminals

lennypartiv

Diamond Member
Jul 16, 2019
In the blink of an eye the liberal governor of Oregon pardons 45000 criminals.

---Outgoing Oregon Gov. Kate Brown (D) announced Monday thats she’s issuing tens of thousands of pardons for marijuana convictions in the state. The pardons will affect about 45,000 people,---

---Outgoing Oregon Gov. Kate Brown (D) announced Monday thats she’s issuing tens of thousands of pardons for marijuana convictions in the state. The pardons will affect about 45,000 people,---

This applies to people 21 or older in the slam or out with a record for being in possession of 1 oz. or less of marijuana, something that is now legal in Oregon. While it is not lost on me, that she waited until after the election to announce, it is a good thing. If it is not against the law, you should not longer have it on your record as a criminal offense. End of story.

Last edited:

Political rule. Protect your voting base.

For simple possession I dont have a problem with it.
If there was an intent to sell and there were large quantities involved than fine lock em up for a while.
I believe the sudden rush to decriminalize weed is to keep the voters apathetic.

Some of those criminals had certainly committed other more serious crimes. The weed was all the authorities could get, or it was a plea. Oregon is going to end up with one hell of a crime wave.

This applies to people 21 or older in the slam or out with a record for being in possession of 1 oz. or less of marijuana, something that is now legal in Oregon. While it is not lost on me, that she waited until after the election to announce, it is a good thing. If it is not against the law, you should no longer have it on your record as a criminal offense. End of story.
Should they do that in TN?

For simple possession I dont have a problem with it.
If there was an intent to sell and there were large quantities involved than fine lock em up for a while.
I believe the sudden rush to decriminalize weed is to keep the voters apathetic.
While agreeing with your first two sentences, I disagree with your last.
All these states are decriminalizing for people over 21. It is not to make voters apathetic. It is to leave adult voters the fk alone to make their own decisions with pot, same as with beer, wine and hard liquor. Many states keep it in place, just to keep people under their thumb and easy possession charges profit the state. I'm in one of those states. Every time I vacation in a "free man" state, I buy and enjoy as a free man, while I am considered a free man, at least until I go home. Here, I don't, for I support obeying law and order, even if I do not like the law.

This applies to people 21 or older in the slam or out with a record for being in possession of 1 oz. or less of marijuana, something that is now legal in Oregon. While it is not lost on me, that she waited until after the election to announce, it is a good thing. If it is not against the law, you should no longer have it on your record as a criminal offense. End of story.

It's good they got released. Now they'll have some time to use all those valuable skills they learned in prison. :04:

Should they do that in TN?
Yes. I doubt it will happen in my lifetime.
We are also very big on civil asset forfeiture along I-40, sometimes as small as $500.00 bucks sometimes without charges or other charges dropped, which of course you can sue to get back, if you want to spend a few thousand on a lawyer.

Criminals are key democrat constituents

Yes. I doubt it will happen in my lifetime.
We are also very big on civil asset forfeiture along I-40, sometimes as small as $500.00 bucks sometimes without charges or other charges dropped, which of course you can sue to get back, if you want to spend a few thousand on a lawyer.
It is happening.

Criminals are key democrat constituents

Committing a federal crime, no less.

"What is its legal status in the United States?
Marijuana is a Schedule I substance under the
Controlled Substances Act
, meaning that it has
a high potential for abuse, no currently accepted
medical use in treatment in the United States, and
a lack of accepted safety for use under medical
supervision.
Although some states within the United
States have allowed the use of marijuana for
medicinal purpose, it is the U.S. Food and Drug
Administration that has the federal authority to
approve drugs for medicinal use in the U.S. To
date, the FDA has not approved a marketing
application for any marijuana product for any
clinical indication. Consistent therewith, the FDA
and DEA have concluded that marijuana has no
federally approved medical use for treatment
in the U.S. and thus it remains as a Schedule I
controlled substance under federal law
."

https://www.dea.gov/sites/default/files/2020-06/Marijuana-Cannabis-2020_0.pdf

I agree, however my concern is how many of the 45000 were convicted of pot possession but also have a rap sheet a yard long?

I agree, however my concern is how many of the 45000 were convicted of pot possession but also have a rap sheet a yard long?

"As with many other drugs, marijuana can also be directly tied to violent crime. As recently as May of 2013, the Office of National Drug Control Policy (ONDCP)released a report showing that marijuana is the most common drug found in the systems of individuals arrested for criminal activity. The ONDCP study found that eighty percent of the adult males arrested for crimes in Sacramento, California, last year tested positive for at least one illegal drug. Marijuana was the most commonly detected drug, found in fifty-four percent of those arrested. Similar results were found in other major cities such as Chicago, Atlanta and New York."

https://genius.com/Police-and-sheriff-organizations-joint-letter-to-eric-holder-annotated

Outstanding.

Some of those criminals had certainly committed other more serious crimes. The weed was all the authorities could get, or it was a plea. Oregon is going to end up with one hell of a crime wave.
Potheads are too mellow to commit crime.

Democrats = Pro-Criminal

Committing a federal crime, no less.

"What is its legal status in the United States?
Marijuana is a Schedule I substance under the
Controlled Substances Act
Heroin is also a Schedule I drug.

Only a tard like yourself would think pot and heroin belong in the same category.

"As with many other drugs, marijuana can also be directly tied to violent crime. As recently as May of 2013, the Office of National Drug Control Policy (ONDCP)released a report showing that marijuana is the most common drug found in the systems of individuals arrested for criminal activity. The ONDCP study found that eighty percent of the adult males arrested for crimes in Sacramento, California, last year tested positive for at least one illegal drug. Marijuana was the most commonly detected drug, found in fifty-four percent of those arrested. Similar results were found in other major cities such as Chicago, Atlanta and New York."

https://genius.com/Police-and-sheriff-organizations-joint-letter-to-eric-holder-annotated
Even more shocking, the Bureau of Justice Statistics has reported that 40 percent of homicides involved the defendant drinking alcohol. For the victims, 25 percent had also been drinking alcohol at the time of the event.

Forum List

Back