Defund the Police!

Correll

Diamond Member
Mar 16, 2015
So. lot of loose talk about how bad the cops are, and how bad America is, and blah , blah, blah.

I've been waiting to hear of more cities choosing to defund their murderers too, not just Minneapolis.

Have there been any more, or all are liberals just pussies that talk a lot, but never actually walk the walk?

Actually, more women and minorities want more cops instead of fewer. Nothing wrong with weeding out the bad ones, but the mostly democrats who have been in charge of our major cities for decades have not done that. And what's strange is that the voters don't vote them out of office.

In a 2019 Pew survey, 44 percent of blacks reported being “unfairly stopped by police” because of their race; 54 percent said, “No, has not happened to me.” In a Monmouth poll taken after Floyd’s death, 44 percent of African-Americans reported that they or an immediate family member felt “harassed by police,” but a majority did not share this experience. When asked, “How satisfied are you with the job your local police department does,” 21 percent said “very satisfied,” 51 percent said somewhat satisfied, 12 percent said somewhat dissatisfied, and only 5 percent said that they were “very” dissatisfied. These results do not suggest a complete endorsement of contemporary policing, as many blacks report negative interactions. Yet nearly three-quarters of surveyed African-Americans report themselves satisfied with their local police departments.
Polling from New York City in the immediate aftermath of Eric Garner’s death in 2014 is telling. In response to an open-ended question asking them to name the “most important problem facing New York,” only 6 percent of all respondents in a Quinnipiac University survey of New York City voters listed police, and only 1 percent mentioned racism or race relations—far behind the economy, housing, crime, and education as issues of topmost concern.

Okay, a lot depends on who you ask and where they live. And when you ask matters too, the results might be different in 6 months if the riots and civil unrest die down somewhat. But - the truth is IMHO that safety and security are a big deal with everybody, and if somebody can develop a police department that is better trained and personnel better utilized with less money spent, well I say go for it. But I wouldn't want to be the unarmed person who shows at a domestic disturbance or a traffic stop. And frankly, the police union contracts are gonna have to be redone or dissolved.

bike girl.gif

So. lot of loose talk about how bad the cops are, and how bad America is, and blah , blah, blah.

I've been waiting to hear of more cities choosing to defund their murderers too, not just Minneapolis.

Have there been any more, or all are liberals just pussies that talk a lot, but never actually walk the walk?

Well, here's what flyover country thinks about defunding police.

Perhaps the movement to defund and abolish the police is not as large as people like you try and make it out to be

Perhaps the movement to defund and abolish the police is not as large as people like you try and make it out to be

i've heard many dems, including high level officials support the idea that cops sometimes go out to work, with the plan to randomly murder some black males, and/or just randomly arrest large numbers of black males to be slaves for the prison factories.

so, if that what they believe, because it is what htey say,

then, they have talked the talk quite a bit. time to walk the walk.

either defund the police, or admit all that talk was just bullshit put out there to pander to the stupid.

AND that anyone that believed any of that talk, that those libs, consider you to be stupid.

TIME TO PUT UP OR SHUT UP

DEFUND THE POLICE NOW!!!

i've heard many dems, including high level officials support the idea that cops sometimes go out to work, with the plan to randomly murder some black males, and/or just randomly arrest large numbers of black males to be slaves for the prison factories.

either defund the police, or admit all that talk was just bullshit put out there to pander to the stupid.

AND that anyone that believed any of that talk, that those libs, consider you to be stupid.

DEFUND THE POLICE NOW!!!
You seem to only want to engage with the fringe activists. That’s fine. I’m not one of them so if you can’t engage with what I say then I guess we have nothing to talk about

DEFUND THE POLICE NOW!!!
You seem to only want to engage with the fringe activists. That’s fine. I’m not one of them so if you can’t engage with what I say then I guess we have nothing to talk about

the idea that cops just decide to murder black people, is mainstream dem thinking. elected officials charge cops accordingly. national level leaders speak out and say shit like that.

nancy pelosi is the speaker of the house. she called cops stormtrooper just recently.

this is not the fringe. this is who you people are.

you don't like it, you need to think about that that means.

DEFUND THE POLICE NOW!!!

the idea that cops just decide to murder black people, is mainstream dem thinking. elected officials charge cops accordingly. national level leaders speak out and say shit like that.

nancy pelosi is the speaker of the house. she called cops stormtrooper just recently.

this is not the fringe. this is who you people are.

you don't like it, you need to think about that that means.
She’s calling cops storm troopers because of how they are conducting themselves on the streets as we speak. Did you not understand that? Have You not seen the disgusting abuse of power that many are inflicting?
There is a huge reform movement going on. You seem to be against that which is fine but try and debate the points instead of spending so much time trying to stereotype and label your opponents. That’s getting real old.

When liberals get in trouble, they quickly forget all that "racism" nonsense and immediately call the cops for help.

I live near Beverly Hills, California, a wealthy enclave full of liberals whose hearts are always bleeding for the oppressed. Well, when that racist "anti-cop movement" announced that they were going to march in their upscale neighborhood, they saw to it that the cops (not social workers) immediately stopped such impertinence.

Forum List

Back