Zone1 Defining antisemitism

Lisa558

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 2021
On various subforums and dozens of threads, antisemites are spewing their usual venom against Jews - and then becoming indignant when they are labeled antisemites. (One such Jew-hater even had the chutzpah to stsrt a thread claiming there are no antisemites on USMB at all.)

According to the U.S. Department of State, and confirmed by dozens of other countries, the following are signs of antisemitism. You will note that the first on the list is justifying the actions of anti-Jew terrorist groups, and another is comparing Israeli policy to that of the Nazis, and a third is applying double standards where Israel is concerned - all which are happening here, in abundance.)

Antisemitism and racism are similar in that any criticism or negative observation, no matter how intended, is considered such. Even mentioning fulfilled Biblical prophecy concerning the Jews is considered to be antisemitism if it has a negative theme.

Antisemitism and racism are similar in that any criticism or negative observation, no matter how intended, is considered such. Even mentioning fulfilled Biblical prophecy concerning the Jews is considered to be antisemitism if it has a negative theme.
Except that is NOT the definition I just linked to. Did you not read it? It didn‘t say “any criticism” - it gave specific definitions, such as comparing Jews to Nazis.

Except that is NOT the definition I just linked to. Did you not read it? It didn‘t say “any criticism” - it gave specific definitions, such as comparing Jews to Nazis.
You were "sensitive" before the attack to the point I thought you carried it a bit far lashing out at any tongue-in cheek slight.

Trying to latch hold of some "official" definition the .gov bestows upon you seems the very thing the left would do.

If they tried that shit with white people I'd be pissed.....Oh wait. ;)

You and other Jews have redefined it on these forums. Same with blacks on racism.

You were "sensitive" before the attack to the point I thought you carried it a bit far lashing out at any tongue-in cheek slight.

Trying to latch hold of some "official" definition the .gov bestows upon you seems the very thing the left would do.

If they tried that shit with white people I'd be pissed.....Oh wait. ;)
To the contrary, we have virulent antisemites on here calling Jews “Nazis”, saying Israel is just like Nazi Germany, screaming about a Jew yelling at a woman while ignoring what Muslims did to Jews, lying about “ethnic cleansing,” throwing swastikas up in Jews’ faces, and on and on and on, and when you call them antisemites, they get all offended and insist they’re not. I just wanted to show that all these things meet our definition of antisemitism.

And what YOU are doing is downplaying and dismissing the raging antisemitism spreading throughout the world calling a Jew “sensitive” when she brings it up.

Jews just need to stop being so sensitive when antisemites scream “Death to Jews,” call Holocaust descendants “Nazis,” and say how exhilarating it is to learn that Jews have been tortured to death, amirite?

No, sir….that was the strategy the Jews took when antisemitism started up in Germany. “shhhh…..don’t make an issue of it.” They thought that was the way to deal with it. Well, never again.

You and other Jews have redefined it on these forums. Same with blacks on racism.
I didn’t redefine it. I am following the U.S. Department of State‘s definition. Sorry if you don’t like that Jews just won’t shut up and take it,

And there is a BIG difference between blacks being offended by Aunt Jemima syrup or calling AP classes “racist,” and Jews being offended by being mocked with the swastika and having to walk by a group of Arabs yelling “Death to Jews.”

Antisemitism isn't a crime ... what business does the US Government have for defining it? ... Mel Brookes put swastika arm-bands on Gene Wilder and Zero Mostel and walked them down a Jewish neighborhood in NYC ...

... and we laughed ...

My Jewish friends have warned me about trying that in Jerusalem ... "stupid American" ...

I didn’t redefine it. I am following the U.S. Department of State‘s definition. Sorry if you don’t like that Jews just won’t shut up and take it,

And there is a BIG difference between blacks being offended by Aunt Jemima syrup or calling AP classes “racist,” and Jews being offended by being mocked with the swastika and having to walk by a group of Arabs yelling “Death to Jews.”
Your sensitively to criticism predates the events following October 7 on these forums. The accusation of antisemitism is always on the tip of your tongue. Same with IM2 and others regarding racism.

Your sensitively to criticism predates the events following October 7 on these forums. The accusation of antisemitism is always on the tip of your tongue. Same with IM2 and others regarding racism.
The fact that a torrent of antisemitism was revealed right after the October 7th massacre of innocent Jews shows that extreme and dangerous Jew-hate was just below the surface - and I could see It.

Last edited:
The fact that a torrent of antisemitism was revealed right after the October 7th massacre of innocent Jews shows that extreme and dangerous Jew-hate was just below the surface - and I could see It.
This is true.

To the contrary, we have virulent antisemites on here calling Jews “Nazis”, saying Israel is just like Nazi Germany, screaming about a Jew yelling at a woman while ignoring what Muslims did to Jews, lying about “ethnic cleansing,” throwing swastikas up in Jews’ faces, and on and on and on, and when you call them antisemites, they get all offended and insist they’re not. I just wanted to show that all these things meet our definition of antisemitism.

And what YOU are doing is downplaying and dismissing the raging antisemitism spreading throughout the world calling a Jew “sensitive” when she brings it up.

Jews just need to stop being so sensitive when antisemites scream “Death to Jews,” call Holocaust descendants “Nazis,” and say how exhilarating it is to learn that Jews have been tortured to death, amirite?

No, sir….that was the strategy the Jews took when antisemitism started up in Germany. “shhhh…..don’t make an issue of it.” They thought that was the way to deal with it. Well, never again.
I told you a while back that nobody is coming to save you, get the training and arm yourself. There are all kinds of places in NOtVA you can avail yourself of the opportunity.

On various subforums and dozens of threads, antisemites are spewing their usual venom against Jews - and then becoming indignant when they are labeled antisemites. (One such Jew-hater even had the chutzpah to stsrt a thread claiming there are no antisemites on USMB at all.)

According to the U.S. Department of State, and confirmed by dozens of other countries, the following are signs of antisemitism. You will note that the first on the list is justifying the actions of anti-Jew terrorist groups, and another is comparing Israeli policy to that of the Nazis, and a third is applying double standards where Israel is concerned - all which are happening here, in abundance.)

Damn so even the slightest criticism of Israel makes one antisemitic? Who knew that 71% of Israeli's are antisemitic? :dunno:

That’s not what the link said, now did it? Liar.
Your link in the OP says criticizing the Israeli government is antisemitic. My link shows that 71% of Israeli's are unhappy with their government. Seems pretty cut and dried to me.

Your link in the OP says criticizing the Israeli government is antisemitic. My link shows that 71% of Israeli's are unhappy with their government. Seems pretty cut and dried to me.
No it doesn’t. It says making a parallel between the Israeli government and Nazi Germany is antidemitic.

You leftists sure love to jump on a chance to condemn the little Jewish country while the Muslims are starving the hostages and keeping them in cages, and Palestinians support HAMAS. The lopsided, one-sided condemnation of the Jewish State while justifying the much worse behavior of Muslim countries is ALSO antisemitic.

You Democrats are so driven by antisemitism that you’re not even trying to hide it.

Being unhappy with your government means folks are just paying attention. Have you seen our dissatisfaction rate of late? If it got any higher heads would be on pikes. ;)

No it doesn’t. It says making a parallel between the Israeli government and Nazi Germany is antidemitic.

You leftists sure love to jump on a chance to condemn the little Jewish country while the Muslims are starving the hostages and keeping them in cages, and Palestinians support HAMAS. The lopsided, one-sided condemnation of the Jewish State while justifying the much worse behavior of Muslim countries is ALSO antisemitic.

You Democrats are so driven by antisemitism that you’re not even trying to hide it.
Remember all those protests by Israeli's over the year against their government and its actions? I can't believe Israeli's were even antisemitic before the events of October 7. Crazy. Why would they criticize the little Jewish country, exposing themselves as antisemites?

Being unhappy with your government means folks are just paying attention. Have you seen our dissatisfaction rate of late? If it got any higher heads would be on pikes. ;)
Disapproving of the actions of the U.S. government does not make someone antisemitic. Only disapproval of the actions of Israel's government makes someone antisemitic.

Forum List

Back