New rule for Zone 2?

I assume the reason that we are not allowed to call liberals “pedophiles” is because it is a heinous crime - and certainly defamatory.
Correction: aren’t allowed to call anyone a pedo, including conservatives. We also do not allow accusations of bestiality.

By the same token, can we institute a rule that antisemites cannot call Jews here “murderers”? It too is a heinous crime and just as defamatory. Another false word, and particularly revolting considering Jews lost entire families to Hitler, is calling Jews “Nazis.”

There are a ton of defammatory accusations made around here…how should they be handled in such a way as to be fair and still allow for free speech? Are you ok with allowing non-Jews to be called murderers? Or…other people to be called Nazi’s? When is it ok or not ok?

Basically if you don’t like it, post in Zone 1 areas where flaming members is against the rules (and should be reported if you see it). But otherwise I doubt you will see any new (or such selectively restrictive rules being created).

This message board is fast becoming a platform in which HAMAS supporters are promoting antisemitism with vicious lies. Any way we can ratchet down the Jew-hate?
Be nice to ratchet down ALL hate. What would you recommend we do?

Correction: aren’t allowed to call anyone a pedo, including conservatives. We also do not allow accusations of bestiality.

There are a ton of defammatory accusations made around here…how should they be handled in such a way as to be fair and still allow for free speech? Are you ok with allowing non-Jews to be called murderers? Or…other people to be called Nazi’s? When is it ok or not ok?

Basically if you don’t like it, post in Zone 1 areas where flaming members is against the rules (and should be reported if you see it). But otherwise I doubt you will see any new (or such selectively restrictive rules being created).

You’re not really answering the question:

Why are posters not allowed to call other posters “pedophiles” but ARE permitted to call them “murderers”?

That's a straight up lie.
Meh.....

Around half of Catholic registered voters (48%) describe themselves as Republicans or say they lean toward the Republican Party, while roughly the same share (47%) identify with or lean toward the Democratic Party, according to Pew Research Center polls in 2018 and 2019.Sep 15, 2020

Here is some info for you on the child molester demographic breakdown.
Good non biased source with no chit in the game.

As far as ratcheting down ALL hate, what about expanding the list of words not allowed to be used as a disgusting way to attack others? I don’t know what the current words are, but I would suggest:

1) the n word
2) the c word
3) the k word
4) Nazi, when used directly to call another poster that
5) Pedophile, as already in place
6) Murderer or killer, when used directly to call another poster that

How’s that?

I’m not the one posting ANY of that. Learn to read. The logic applies: if posters can’t make false accusations about calling another poster a pedophile, then the same should be when a poster calls another one a murderer because she’s a Jew, and antisemitism is at a sky-high rate these days.
Which would you rather be called - pedo or murderer?

This is a long standing rule put into place (before my time as a mod). I suspect, based on what I’ve seen over the years, that it was put in place because of stalking and harrassment of members.

Pedo is probably the worst thing you can accuse some one of in our society because it is a horrible crime, even prisoners hate them in prisons.

If you are talking about you specifically being called a murderer and it is in Zone 1, that sounds to me like flaming a member, and that is against Zone 1 rules. If it is an accusation made against a group, then it probably isn’t (depending on context).

As far as ratcheting down ALL hate, what about expanding the list of words not allowed to be used as a disgusting way to attack others? I don’t know what the current words are, but I would suggest:

1) the n word
2) the c word
3) the k word
4) Nazi, when used directly to call another poster that
5) Pedophile, as already in place
6) Murderer or killer, when used directly to call another poster that

How’s that?
Personally, I really prefer that but that is me and the way I’d rather have discussions, I don’t see the membership supporting increased restrictions.

At this time 1-3 are part of the word filter. 5 is a rule. 4 and 6 are rules in any Zone 1 area, if it is occurring there then it isn’t being reported. Would that not be workable?

Which would you rather be called - pedo or murderer?

This is a long standing rule put into place (before my time as a mod). I suspect, based on what I’ve seen over the years, that it was put in place because of stalking and harrassment of members.

Pedo is probably the worst thing you can accuse some one of in our society because it is a horrible crime, even prisoners hate them in prisons.

If you are talking about you specifically being called a murderer and it is in Zone 1, that sounds to me like flaming a member, and that is against Zone 1 rules. If it is an accusation made against a group, then it probably isn’t (depending on context).
Yes, me specifically…..an antisemite was calling ME a murderer…and a killer…repestedly….because of the Israel-HAMAS war. Clearly, antisemites are trying to dehumanize ALL Jews by calling us all murderers.

Based on what you said, it does sound like flaming. Could you explain what constitutes flaming? It would be helpful not only to me, but to other nice posters, so we could help the mods ramp down on it and reduce the hate on this site. Thank you.

You’re not really answering the question:

Why are posters not allowed to call other posters “pedophiles” but ARE permitted to call them “murderers”?
Pedo is imo worse, it has also been used to stalk and harrass members and it is the kind of accusation that is a horrible one, just my feeling. If true, it is a horrible crime, if false, it is a horrible accusation. If someone calls some here a murderer for supporting something…no one is going to believe they are literally a murderer.

Personally, I really prefer that but that is me and the way I’d rather have discussions, I don’t see the membership supporting increased restrictions.

At this time 1-3 are part of the word filter. 5 is a rule. 4 and 6 are rules in any Zone 1 area, if it is occurring there then it isn’t being reported. Would that not be workable?
I guess it would have to be workable, but it WOULD lower the hate level if we could have 4 and 6 in Zone 2, as well. This site has deteriorated in recent months.

Pedo is imo worse, it has also been used to stalk and harrass members and it is the kind of accusation that is a horrible one, just my feeling. If true, it is a horrible crime, if false, it is a horrible accusation. If someone calls some here a murderer for supporting something…no one is going to believe they are literally a murderer.
I don’t think anyone will believe a person is literally a pedo, either.

In both cases, these are horrible accusations that nasty members use to flame others.

Yes, me specifically…..an antisemite was calling ME a murderer…and a killer…repestedly….because of the Israel-HAMAS war. Clearly, antisemites are trying to dehumanize ALL Jews by calling us all murderers.
The problem is when you are throwing around accusations of antisemite (also dehumanizing) and as much a problem. Same with calling people racists. Rather than adding even more rules you are better off ignoring them (a great solution) or attacking their arguments.

BUT…if this is occurring in Zone 1, it is already against tbe rules. If it is occurring in Zone 2, and there is no content pertaining to the topic, then it is a stand alone flame and also against the rules.
Based on what you said, it does sound like flaming. Could you explain what constitutes flaming? It would be helpful not only to me, but to other nice posters, so we could help the mods ramp down on it and reduce the hate on this site. Thank you.
IMO, flaming is a personal attack on a member (not on his/her argument).

If it is in Zone 1, it is against the rules, and as mods our options are:

Edit the post if there is sufficient other content.
Delete the post.
Thread ban the member (if it is repeated trolling, derailing in the thread) or they ignore mod messages.
Warn the member of it violates a major rule (family, pedo, beastio, doxing etc).

In Zone 2, if it is a stand-alone flame with no content, it is also against the rules.

But, what people often don’t realize is that if they report something, and they themselves are participants in the fight, we have to act on everyone involved whether it’s deleting posts or thread bans or warnings. That’s why the best thing is ignore provocations, report them, and don’t respond with your own provocations.

I guess it would have to be workable, but it WOULD lower the hate level if we could have 4 and 6 in Zone 2, as well. This site has deteriorated in recent months.
We actually used to have 4 Zones, but rule wise it was confusing and frustrating to both members and mods so we went to three.

I think the BEST way is don’t engage and report violations.

There are way too many threads for us to monitor and things are going to get worse with the election season coming. :(

We actually used to have 4 Zones, but rule wise it was confusing and frustrating to both members and mods so we went to three.

I think the BEST way is don’t engage and report violations.

There are way too many threads for us to monitor and things are going to get worse with the election season coming. :(
Oh, you’re right….election season. We are in for a level of nastiness never yet seen, here and IRL.

Oh, you’re right….election season. We are in for a level of nastiness never yet seen, here and IRL.
Yup…regardless of what side you are on….it’ll be fugly.

My recommendation:

1705254573718.gif

Coyote

You’ve become nicer lately. What gives?
Spending less time here lets me ignore a lot of provocation. There is a lot of positive in the real world for those willing to see, but often here, we get negative distilled and concentrated. I just find it is better to regularly step away and and find the Sun again.

Spending less time here lets me ignore a lot of provocation. There is a lot of positive in the real world for those willing to see, but often here, we get negative distilled and concentrated. I just find it is better to regularly step away and and find the Sun again.
Good advice.

1) I never called liberals pedophiles.

2) What does that have to do with the question in my OP? Why are conservatives forbidden from calling liberals pedophiles, but antisemites can call American Jews murderers and killers?
I have never called an American Jew (or any other for that matter) a murderer or killer.

That being said I do think the Netanyahu administration is trying to eliminate the Palestinian territories through depopulation, but that's the government, not the religion and certainly not all Jews.

Coyote has always been nice in my opinion. If you're referring to the fact that she's taken the time to explain the rules to you and how they work, you could have asked a long time ago.
No, I’ve noticed an improvement in her temperament in debates with me.

Forum List

Back