Zone1 Defining antisemitism

Blah, since when have leftist dems been on the correct side of anything?

You should never expect something that will never happen.
I‘m not really surprised that the leftists are on the wrong side of this, like they are with everything. What remains unfathomable to me is that we have leftist Jews, marching side by side the Arabs and HAMAS supporters and brainwashed college students as they scream “Death to Jews.”

All you’re doing is continuing to demonstrate what antisemitism is, which was the point of the thread.
If criticizing the action's of Israel's government is antisemitism, then that reaffirms my original point that a huge percentage of Israeli citizens are antisemitic due to their own criticism of their government.

Relevant reading...

House Resolution Calls Criticism of Israel Antisemitism

''One thing didn't change among the United States congressional top leaders, Democrat and Republican, after the election of a new US House of Representatives Speaker — their unanimous over-the-top commitment to the US government supporting Israel unconditionally. Thus, the congressional top leaders are likely increasingly concerned about both ongoing large war-related protests in which many people express criticism of the Israel government and the majority of Americans apposing the US sending weapons and supplies to Israel to aid it in its war effort.

How to counter the resistance to the US giving Israel more and more money, intelligence, and weapons? A resolution being considered in the US House of Representatives provides some of the answer: call criticism of Israel antisemitism.

On the bright side, this resolution is another step in obliterating the rhetorical power of shouting “Antisemite!” at any person who does not toe the line in unquestioningly supporting either whatever the Israel government does in the name of national security or however the US government supports such action of Israel. Increasingly, people are rationally answering the antisemite charge with a response of “Whatever, now tell me something that is meaningful.” That is a good sign. Hopefully, this indicates we will soon turn the corner so US support for Israel can be reevaluated.''

Last edited:
If criticizing the action's of Israel's government is antisemitism, then that reaffirms my original point that a huge percentage of Israeli citizens are antisemitic due to their own criticism of their government.
Did you read the article? Nobody ever claimed that

On various subforums and dozens of threads, antisemites are spewing their usual venom against Jews - and then becoming indignant when they are labeled antisemites. (One such Jew-hater even had the chutzpah to stsrt a thread claiming there are no antisemites on USMB at all.)

According to the U.S. Department of State, and confirmed by dozens of other countries, the following are signs of antisemitism. You will note that the first on the list is justifying the actions of anti-Jew terrorist groups, and another is comparing Israeli policy to that of the Nazis, and a third is applying double standards where Israel is concerned - all which are happening here, in abundance.)

A pretty good definition overall actually but maybe too complex for our leftists friends with reading dysfunction and/or disdain for reading anything they might disagree with.

In summary, to me antisemitism is:
1. Attributing negatives to Jewish people that Jewish people did not do or does not apply any more or differently than any other people.
2. Accusing Jewish people of crimes or atrocities or injustices that are intentionally misrepresented or not put into proper context.
3. Refusing to take into account the history and accomplishments of Jewish people and the behavior of its Egyptian, Iranian, and Arab neighbors toward Israel.
4. And without considering the history and the rationale behind it, resenting or condemning the Israelis for having a country roughly the size of New Jersey that is a uniquely Jewish state.
5. Hating or despising or disrespecting Jews simply because they are Jews.

One of the huge hypocrisies we see with antisemitism is that Israelis should not be allowed a Jewish majority state while the same people condemning Israel for that do not in the least condemn any Arab country for having Islamic states under Sharia Law.

On various subforums and dozens of threads, antisemites are spewing their usual venom against Jews - and then becoming indignant when they are labeled antisemites. (One such Jew-hater even had the chutzpah to stsrt a thread claiming there are no antisemites on USMB at all.)

According to the U.S. Department of State, and confirmed by dozens of other countries, the following are signs of antisemitism. You will note that the first on the list is justifying the actions of anti-Jew terrorist groups, and another is comparing Israeli policy to that of the Nazis, and a third is applying double standards where Israel is concerned - all which are happening here, in abundance.)

Criticizing Israel has nothing to do with Judaism!

I‘m not really surprised that the leftists are on the wrong side of this, like they are with everything. What remains unfathomable to me is that we have leftist Jews, marching side by side the Arabs and HAMAS supporters and brainwashed college students as they scream “Death to Jews.”
Nope, makes no sense unless they are going for Kapos.....They get the gas/bullet last.

A pretty good definition overall actually but maybe too complex for our leftists friends with reading dysfunction and/or disdain for reading anything they might disagree with.

In summary, to me antisemitism is:
1. Attributing negatives to Jewish people that Jewish people did not do or does not apply any more or differently than any other people.
2. Accusing Jewish people of crimes or atrocities or injustices that are intentionally misrepresented or not put into proper context.
3. Refusing to take into account the history and accomplishments of Jewish people and the behavior of its Egyptian, Iranian, and Arab neighbors toward Israel.
4. And without considering the history and the rationale behind it, resenting or condemning the Israelis for having a country roughly the size of New Jersey that is a uniquely Jewish state.
5. Hating or despising or disrespecting Jews simply because they are Jews.

One of the huge hypocrisies we see with antisemitism is that Israelis should not be allowed a Jewish majority state while the same people condemning Israel for that do not in the least condemn any Arab country for having Islamic states under Sharia Law.
Great summation. Until I got to your final paragraph, I thought you were missing a key element of antisemitism - but I see you included it. And that, of course, is the HUGE double standard where Israel is concerned.

For example, the antisemites focus their ire on the Jewish state, going on infinitum about how Jews drove the Arabs out. They fail to mention, of course, that the Arabs drove out nearly 1 million Jews from their homes throughout the Middle East - stealing all their property - rendering the entire region, except for the 1% of land mass that is Israel, practically Judenfree.

Neither, of course, do they ever mention the 100+ countries that have ranked far worse than Israel - and many of them Muslim countries. To hear them speak, one would think Isrsel was the worst, or one of the worst, countries in the world!

If you haven’t already, you might read Charles Krauthammer’s book - I think the title was “Things that Matter“ - in which he describes how the double standards applied to Israel is a key sign of antisemitism. Natan Sharanaky said the same thing.

When Gaza is attacked usually mothers and sons are too dead to be able to say anything that could be listened to.
Well, if Hamas would spend some of the FIVE BILLION dollars it has received over the last decade to build shelters for its civilians, the death toll would drop to near nothing, just like it is in Israel with its shelters and defensive Iron Dome anti-missile system.

Supporters of Israel interpret it as that any criticism of Israel or its government is antisemitism. For example, it doesn't matter if you condemn Hamas for their terrorist atrocities on October 7; if you also condemn the Israeli government's decision to indiscriminately slaughter civilians post-October 7, then you are antisemitic.
so now you say it is a matter of interpretation and NOT in the text and you impute your understanding of what you think someone's reaction is onto the text. As no Jew I have ever met (and those thousands are almost all supporters of Israel) interprets it the way you claim, it is clear that you are projecting, not reacting to anything in the real world. And then you lie about it and claim that your interpretation that you accuse others of holding is in the text.

Does the State Dep have a definition of Antiwhite, or Antichristian?

Rightwingers successfully achieved 2 decades of slaughtering civilians across the middle east and are still currently succeeding at funding the slaughter of civilians in the middle east. Why would they need to protest?
Brainchild of Kagan, Kristol, Wolfowitz etc.

Forum List

Back