Defensive Gun Use

Requiring training is not unconstitutional and makes a lot of sense
So then apply that to every other right too.

Didn't take your 1st Amendment training then you can't exercise it

Didn't take your 4th amendment training tough shit we don't need a warrant to search your home.

Didn't pay for your class on voting? Oh well maybe next election.

So then apply that to every other right too.

Didn't take your 1st Amendment training then you can't exercise it

Didn't take your 4th amendment training tough shit we don't need a warrant to search your home.

Didn't pay for your class on voting? Oh well maybe next election.

The second amendment requires training as part of being in a well regulated militia

The second amendment requires training as part of being in a well regulated militia
No it doesn't

You don't have t be in a militia to own a gun.

You people don't seem to understand what the Second Amendment really protects. It protects the right to own a gun for personal use AND to be used in a militia. The phrase keep and bear as used in the Constitution was unique as at the time keeping a gun implied personal use and bearing arms implied some sort of military use.

What it it doesn't do is give a person the right to fire that gun anywhere at any time.

In fact every state city and town has very clear ordinances that spell out when where and at what a person can fire any gun.

No it doesn't

You don't have t be in a militia to own a gun.

You people don't seem to understand what the Second Amendment really protects. It protects the right to own a gun for personal use AND to be used in a militia. The phrase keep and bear as used in the Constitution was unique as at the time keeping a gun implied personal use and bearing arms implied some sort of military use.

What it it doesn't do is give a person the right to fire that gun anywhere at any time.

In fact every state city and town has very clear ordinances that spell out when where and at what a person can fire any gun.

Well Regulated Militias are necessary for the security of a free state

Well Regulated Militias are necessary for the security of a free state
Except you phrased that as a sentence when in the Second is it clearly not a sentence but rather a clause set off by a comma which signifies that the operative sentence is "The right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed"

The clause preceding that operative sentence is meaningless on its own.

I'm not going to quibble over grammar with you

This thread's topic is DEFENSIVE GUN USE not the 2nd, Not the NRA , Not grammar

So what tactics do you suggest.

I pocket carry a snub nosed S&W Model 642 .38+P revolver. If I suspect a problem, I simply put my hand in my pocket on the weapon and can quickly draw it. Much faster than a concealed weapon where I might have to lift my shirt with one hand and grab the gun with the other.

You can also put the revolver in a jacket pocket and have your hand in the pocket holding the weapon pointed at your potential attacker. You can shoot right through your jacket.

Notice the weapon has an internal trigger so it will not hang up when you draw it. With a revolver you can also shove it into an attacker’s belly and it will still fire while a pistol will be pushed out of battery and not fire.

This weapon is double action only with a heavy trigger pull. It has a stiff recoil and is for most shooters is not all that accurate past 21 feet. It requires practice to master and that practice is not all that much fun.

Also it is possible that if you put your hand on the weapon in your pocket the bad guy may realize you are armed and decide not to attack. That tactic can work even without a gun.

View attachment 764141

I just bought that very handgun, when I scrolled past this pic I thought for a second I drunk posted it and did not remember. Mine is with hammer (641?) and it is going to be my summer carry piece. I generally carry a Glock 26 gen five or a S&W MP 40 cal. The revolver does not print much at all under a sweatshirt and barley does under my t shirt.

There was no training because the government didn't provide any weapons. If you had to fight you not only brought your own gun, but your own ammo as well. It was not like our military is today.

Requiring training is not unconstitutional and makes a lot of sense

Yes it's unconstitutional because it's like a poll tax, you'd have to spend the time and money to exercise a right that was already granted to you in the Constitution. That's called infringement.

If it were up to me, you'd have to take a simple multiple choice test before being allowed to vote. That makes a hell of a lot more sense than gun training. The only reason the Communists have so much power is because of all the ObamaPhone ladies that vote for them. This is clear by the election of Biden and Festerman. People have no idea WTF they are voting on. In PA they elected a state rep that was already dead, and he won the election.

But unfortunately we can't do that without a constitutional battle. That's because voting, like firearms is a constitutional right even if you don't know the first thing about politics, policies or candidates.

I don't suggest anyone go hand to hand with an assailant. it's the single best way to get killed.

And the whole scenario is one of a very rare occurrence.

Most people even criminals are not experienced knife fighters
First, you practice something called “situational awareness“ to stay out of trouble. In simple terms that means you don’t walk down dark streets with your phone glued to your face.

If that fails and you find yourself facing a robber with a knife or a gun you appraise the attacker. If he seems rational and sane you just turn over your wallet and valuables as it is easier to replace them rather than your health or life.

However if you feel the bad guy is insane or unstable and plans to kill you or if he wants to take you somewhere, then if you have training you use it. If he plans to kill you anyway, what do you have to lose?

As far as learning how to fight with a knife you can learn a number of techniques on YouTube.

First, you practice something called “situational awareness“ to stay out of trouble. In simple terms that means you don’t walk down dark streets with your phone glued to your face.

If that fails and you find yourself facing a robber with a knife or a gun you appraise the attacker. If he seems rational and sane you just turn over your wallet and valuables as it is easier to replace them rather than your health or life.

However if you feel the bad guy is insane or unstable and plans to kill you or if he wants to take you somewhere, then if you have training you use it. If he plans to kill you anyway, what do you have to lose?

As far as learning how to fight with a knife you can learn a number of techniques on YouTube.

Most people in the US would not take the time because we live in a gun country. The UK? That's a different story since most of their people have no firearms or ability to carry one.

Most people in the US would not take the time because we live in a gun country. The UK? That's a different story since most of their people have no firearms or ability to carry one.

Add to the tactics in the link below. “If the hair on the back of your neck stands up — LEAVE THE AREA.

Keep in mind the best way to survive a fight is to avoid getting into one.

Yeah all the best knife fighters learned on You Tube

How's this if you see a guy walking towards you with a 10 inch blade on his belt you put your hand on the butt of your gun.

And IMO no person who is willing to rob me is rational.

I just bought that very handgun, when I scrolled past this pic I thought for a second I drunk posted it and did not remember. Mine is with hammer (641?) and it is going to be my summer carry piece. I generally carry a Glock 26 gen five or a S&W MP 40 cal. The revolver does not print much at all under a sweatshirt and barley does under my t shirt.
Living in Florida makes carrying a concealed firearm somewhat difficult because much of the year it is hot.

In Florida the S&W Model 642 is a good choice for a concealable weapon.

Since you are not pocket carrying the fact that your revolver has an enclosed hammer is not all that important. From your description you may have the S&W Model 637.

1678534262162.jpeg

Or the S&W Model Model 638.

1678534385642.jpeg

Living in Florida makes carrying a concealed firearm somewhat difficult because much of the year it is hot.

In Florida the S&W Model 642 is a good choice for a concealable weapon.

Since you are not pocket carrying the fact that your revolver has an enclosed hammer is not all that important. From your description you may have the S&W Model 637.

View attachment 764587
Or the S&W Model Model 638.

View attachment 764588
I'd rather carry a .380

Yeah all the best knife fighters learned on You Tube

How's this if you see a guy walking towards you with a 10 inch blade on his belt you put your hand on the butt of your gun.

And IMO no person who is willing to rob me is rational.
I would just put my right hand in my pants pocket right on my S&W .38 snub nosed revolver. If the guy pulls his knife, I pull my revolver.

In the Free State of Florida I have often carried a knife with a 4 or 5 inch blade in public in a sheath on my belt. I normally do this in smaller more rural towns as it may attract attention in places like Tampa. In passing, many Florida cops do not know the knife laws in Florida.

I also carry a concealed knife cross draw under my shirt as I have a Florida Concealed Weapons permit which covers knifes as well as firearms. If fact I have a knife under my shirt as I type this.

I would just put my right hand in my pants pocket right on my S&W .38 snub nosed revolver. If the guy pulls his knife, I pull my revolver.

In the Free State of Florida I have often carried a knife with a 4 or 5 inch blade in public in a sheath on my belt. I normally do this in smaller more rural towns as it may attract attention in places like Tampa. In passing, many Florida cops do not know the knife laws in Florida.

I also carry a concealed knife cross draw under my shirt as I have a Florida Concealed Weapons permit which covers knifes as well as firearms. If fact I have a knife under my shirt as I type this.

YEah OK

your posts are sounding more unbelievable all the time. Why do you have to always say S&W .38 snub nosed revolver? or how you carry a knife "cross draw"

it all sounds like internet braggadocio to me.

YEah OK

your posts are sounding more unbelievable all the time. Why do you have to always say S&W .38 snub nosed revolver? or how you carry a knife "cross draw"

it all sounds like internet braggadocio to me.

I obtained a Florida Concealed Weapons permit not to just brag about having one but to actually carry a revolver when I am out of my house. I carry the snub nosed .38 as all I have to do is grab it and slide it and its holster in my pants pocket on my way out the door. If I had to put on a holster, I would likely leave the weapon behind in the gun safe half the time.

Having a Concealed Weapons permit in Florida is not unusual at all. Over 2.5 million concealed carry licenses are currently valid.

If you are not going to carry a weapon whenever you leave the house, why bother getting a carry permit? If I had the ability to know when I woke up that I would need to have my revolver with me that day because someone was going to attack me — I would just stay home,.

I carry a neck knife under my left shoulder as it is more convenient in that position than just hanging from my neck. Often I am wearing shorts without a belt so I can’t use a sheath knife. I carry a knife as a tool not for self defense and I use it quite often every day. Note the center picture. …

1678539735280.jpeg

I say “S&W snub nosed revolver“ because that is an accurate description of the weapon I carry.

I obtained a Florida Concealed Weapons permit not to just brag about having one but to actually carry a revolver when I am out of my house. I carry the snub nosed .38 as all I have to do is grab it and slide it and its holster in my pants pocket on my way out the door. If I had to put on a holster, I would likely leave the weapon behind in the gun safe half the time.

Having a Concealed Weapons permit in Florida is not unusual at all. Over 2.5 million concealed carry licenses are currently valid.

If you are not going to carry a weapon whenever you leave the house, why bother getting a carry permit? If I had the ability to know when I woke up that I would need to have my revolver with me that day because someone was going to attack me — I would just stay home,.

I carry a neck knife under my left shoulder as it is more convenient in that position than just hanging from my neck. Often I am wearing shorts without a belt so I can’t use a sheath knife. I carry a knife as a tool not for self defense and I use it quite often every day. Note the center picture. …

View attachment 764596

I say “S&W snub nosed revolver“ because that is an accurate description of the weapon I carry.
Yeah OK you said it once but why do you have to keep repeating yourself?

If I carried a compact pistol I would go with a 9mm. The only drawback is the increase in recoil.
A .380 will fit in a front pocket if that's what you like.

I prefer my ITWB holster or I'd appendix carry before I put a gun in a pocket

Forum List

Back