Defensive Gun Use

I am not in law enforcement and my military service ended in 1969. A revolver is a good choice for a civilian.

There are a number of good arguments for why you should carry a revolver. It’s a matter of choice.

In passing, you can also carry two revolvers. I sometimes carry a S&W Model 951 PD .22 Magnum snub nosed revolver. Loaded with 7 rounds it is even lighter than my Model 642.

I really don't see why you're trying so hard to change my mind.

I do not care what you prefer to carry and I carry what I prefer to carry.

Like I said this thread is not about what gun you carry it is about how a DGU is defined.

Personally I don't think the estimates of over a million DGUs annually are reliable because those surveys do not include a definition and anyone can say they used a gun in self defense on a survey.

If they happen to be standing in the same room as the door you entered. But if somebody is hiding from me and I walk through two or three rooms and find somebody in my house, you're damn right they are a threat to me.
Many experts suggest you do not play Wyatt Earp and clear your house. Just stay in your bedroom, call the cops, kneel behind your bed with a shotgun pointed at the door. If the intruder breaks down the door you have the advantage. When you do looking for him, he can wait for you and he has the advantage.

I have to admit that I don’t follow that advice.

I really don't see why you're trying so hard to change my mind.

I do not care what you prefer to carry and I carry what I prefer to carry.

Like I said this thread is not about what gun you carry it is about how a DGU is defined.

Personally I don't think the estimates of over a million DGUs annually are reliable because those surveys do not include a definition and anyone can say they used a gun in self defense on a survey.
I have never used a firearm for self defense and I have never been interviewed about self defense. My mother and my daughter both used a handgun for self defense as did my step dad.

To me a DGU would be when an individual uses a firearm to defend himself from a perceived threat that could have seriously endangered his health or life. It would include attacks by animals as well as people.

I am not trying to change your mind. I am just posting different views for other posters to read and consider.

Yeah dude I really don't care. I'm a dead shot out to 20 yards with my Glock, I know that gun inside out and backwards And IMO it is far better than a snub nose .38.

I just got a 10 mm compact that I think might actually replace my 9mm
The Glock is your choice and I have no problems with it. I have never owned one but have fired a number at the range. They are reliable and accurate firearms. My son in law carried a .40 caliber Glock.

The compact 10mm sounds interesting. I would imagine it has s stiff recoil.

Forum List

Back