Zone1 Deeper, hidden, meanings of the Bible - Physical, Spiritual and Philosophical - Secret Revelations Shared for the 1st Time.

fair enough that I'm struggling to make sense of your contradictions of the work of the god as written. Your version of the big fish story might help right now.
No, you are struggling with your interpretation which we both agree we wouldn't believe. If we want to resolve that conflict we would need to start with why you haven't found one you believe.

Until I get a better explanation, I'm going to be tolerant and accept what it says in your bibles.

I can make sense of that by entertaining the Christians' popular notion that our earth days could be mere seconds to the god.

So: For example: It wasn't a 'big fish', it was a Sperm whale and Johan only lived for less than a minute or two?

Is it not possible that you've been too quick to reinterpret the word of the god?
If you really wanted better explanations you would have already started looking for them on your own. Why haven't you?

It's Sunday worship coming up, so time to get excited!
If one treats every act he does as a sacred act, the act of worship would be invisible to the outside world. It's also what helps switch on all the learning centers of the mind and makes us one with the Holy Spirit. There's tremendous power in it.

If you really wanted better explanations you would have already started looking for them on your own. Why haven't you?
I had done so and now I'm going to offer it as a possibility for the fish story, as opposed to your intolerant views and your accusations against some Baptist church.

Can you buy into it?

Thumbnail it for me. I'm not a monster. I'm open minded.
You now being open minded is progress. I'll consider your beliefs on the fish story as not being any different from that of the Westboros.

(whatever those beliefs could be?)

Can you share the differences with us, that you've suggested?

In a nutshell, he was kept alive for three days and then vomited out on some beach.

The meaning as stated is tolerably legitimate in my opinion.

We can agree on the bibles' story being literally true and there never was any reason for calling Christians sick f.'s.

disclaimer: For the sake of argument and finding agreement.

I had done so and now I'm going to offer it as a possibility for the fish story, as opposed to your intolerant views and your accusations against some Baptist church.

Can you buy into it?
It depends. How many different interpretations did you find? How does this one compare to the others? What's the context of the account? What literary style is being employed by the author? What is the main point the author is trying to convey? What allegories is he using? All things one needs to examine before settling on an interpretation. It's hard work. It's not for the intellectually feeble and weak.

I'll consider your beliefs on the fish story as not being any different from that of the Westboros.
My beliefs are unimportant. I'm not struggling with this like you are. It's your beliefs you need to be focusing on. After all, this is for your benefit, right? I'm already reaping the many benefits of belief.

In a nutshell, he was kept alive for three days and then vomited out on some beach.

The meaning as stated is tolerably legitimate in my opinion.
All I can say is... wow. Would you like to play a game of tic tac toe instead? Or maybe checkers?

We can agree on the bibles' story being literally true and there never was any reason for calling Christians sick f.'s.
No, I can't agree with that being literally true, but if that's what you really believe makes sense to you, ok then, good luck with that. I can now see why you might defend the Westboro Baptist church's interpretation. You don't know better.

No, I can't agree with that being literally true, but if that's what you really believe makes sense to you, ok then, good luck with that. I can now see why you might defend the Westboro Baptist church's interpretation. You don't know better.
Then we'll assume that you're saying that the bibles are lying.

There's nothing else for it until you can produce your version?

Can you at least accept the stated reason from the god on why he messed with Jonah? Did you even bother to read the message or are you rejecting that site completely?

Can you at least accept the stated reason from the god on why he messed with Jonah? Did you even bother to read the message or are you rejecting that site completely?
I'm rejecting arguing about it with you. It serves no purpose. It's illogical to argue with someone who only wants to argue. Or is that logic beyond your grasp of understanding?

I'm rejecting arguing about it with you. It serves no purpose. It's illogical to argue with someone who only wants to argue. Or is that logic beyond your grasp of understanding?
Not right now. I'll notify you when I have some time.

Then we'll assume that you're saying that the bibles are lying.

There's nothing else for it until you can produce your version?

Bad assumption. The Bible is not lying when it uses narratives and parables and lore to explore and explain mankind and his relationship with God. God speaks in ways that man can understand and an inerrant Bible is not necessary for that.

Forum List

Back