Death chambers of the USA

I'm all for public hangings.

You, and the lynch mob who were circling the court house every day during the trial of good Christian lady Lyndy Chamberlain for murdering her baby Azaria at Uluru, near Alice Springs in central Australia some time ago.

Meryl Streep played Lyndy in the movie.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_N953VI5f3Y]TSfilmvault - A Cry In The Dark (1988) Trailer - YouTube[/ame]
A Cry In The Dark (1988) Trailer

Luckily, Lindy got to cry in the light after she was convicted of murdering her baby Azaria and sentenced to life in prison...no death sentence available. ;)

No death sentence available...as bianco-ilk had marched in the streets, screamed with outrage, and had death sentences and death chambers abolished some time before.
Marched in the streets with the Cross and the noose leading one parade.

The death of Ronald Ryan - In Depth - theage.com.au

February 2, 2007

TOMORROW is the 40th anniversary of the last judicial hanging in Australia, the execution in Melbourne of Ronald Ryan for the shooting murder of prison officer George Hodson, 41, during an escape from Pentridge Prison in 1965.

Apart from an occasion to remember Australia's last official neck-breaking, the anniversary of Ryan's hanging will be observed as a signal moment in our political history: it marks the event that prompted state governments still retaining the death penalty to cut the crimson thread running through Australia's history and abolish capital punishment.

We remember Ryan now as an unlikely candidate for the gallows, a small-time crook whose sanctioned execution by the Victorian government of Liberal premier Sir Henry Bolte caused a firestorm of community opposition, the scale and intensity of which dwarfs most modern-day protests.

etc

Lyndy Chamberlain probably would've been execution-hanged had death sentences not been abolished earlier.

While Lyndy was still alive and breaking rocks in the hard-labour prison, people who knew 'dingoes', had interviewed all the witnesses, thought the trial was unfair etc, were working to free her.

And free her they did.

Death of Azaria Chamberlain - Simple English Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Lindy Chamberlain was released from jail on February 7 1986, but not cleared until September 15 1988, at which time Lindy and Michael (her husband) were declared innocent of all charges. She and Michael were divorced on June 27 1991. She met Rick Creighton on a speaking[/color] tour of the United States in February 1992 and married him on December 20 1992.

Lucky the lynch mob was foiled and Lindy wasn't hanged, eh?

All convicteds must be kept alive, some of them could be innocent.

Trust the govt?
No thank you!

Trust the justice system anywhere?
No thank you!

Death chambers of the USA - YouTube

#####

That's where human beings are execution-homicided by state govts and the federal govt...premeditated, and in cold blood.

One day the good People of America will have them demolished.

I don't understand the point of the video. Are these death chambers supposed to have a wet bar and pole dancing?
I certainly agree that the death penalty doesn't subvert violence (except for the killer that has the lethal injection of course) but that's only because the death penalty is rare and often takes thirty years or more to execute.
For the death penalty to act as a deterrent we need to change the law where repeals are limited and more crimes are punishable by death.
I would personally expand the death penalty to rapists and child molesters.

Seems to me that the point of the video is that death chambers in the US shouldn't exist at all.
What, you mean expand the death penalty to men wrongly convicted of rape and molesting children?

What, like grandpa who's gone a bit senile and thinks one of his granddaughters is his true love from his teen years, and gropes her?

Some women lie...about rape, ...and lie about their husbands/partners molesting their children...to have the men removed from the marital home, making divorce a lot easier, and for revenge.

Ananda Lawsuit: Cultural Context

An Alarming National Trend – False Rape Allegations

ABSTRACT:

With the cooperation of the police agency of a small metropolitan community, 45 consecutive, disposed, false rape allegations covering a 9 year period were studied.
False rape allegations constitute 41% of the total forcible rape cases (109) reported during this period.
These false allegations appear to serve three major functions for the complainants: providing an alibi, seeking revenge, and obtaining sympathy and attention.
False rape allegations are not the consequence of a gender-linked aberration, as frequently claimed, but reflect impulsive and desperate efforts to cope with personal and social stress situations.
[False rape allegations are reported in similar numbers at college campuses; approximately 50% of rape charges are admitted to be false by the accuser.]

Last edited:
I'm all for public hangings.

You, and the lynch mob who were circling the court house every day during the trial of good Christian lady Lyndy Chamberlain for murdering her baby Azaria at Uluru, near Alice Springs in central Australia some time ago.

Meryl Streep played Lyndy in the movie.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_N953VI5f3Y]TSfilmvault - A Cry In The Dark (1988) Trailer - YouTube[/ame]
A Cry In The Dark (1988) Trailer

Luckily, Lindy got to cry in the light after she was convicted of murdering her baby Azaria and sentenced to life in prison...no death sentence available. ;)

No death sentence available...as bianco-ilk had marched in the streets, screamed with outrage, and had death sentences and death chambers abolished some time before.
Marched in the streets with the Cross and the noose leading one parade.

The death of Ronald Ryan - In Depth - theage.com.au

February 2, 2007

TOMORROW is the 40th anniversary of the last judicial hanging in Australia, the execution in Melbourne of Ronald Ryan for the shooting murder of prison officer George Hodson, 41, during an escape from Pentridge Prison in 1965.

Apart from an occasion to remember Australia's last official neck-breaking, the anniversary of Ryan's hanging will be observed as a signal moment in our political history: it marks the event that prompted state governments still retaining the death penalty to cut the crimson thread running through Australia's history and abolish capital punishment.

We remember Ryan now as an unlikely candidate for the gallows, a small-time crook whose sanctioned execution by the Victorian government of Liberal premier Sir Henry Bolte caused a firestorm of community opposition, the scale and intensity of which dwarfs most modern-day protests.

etc

Lyndy Chamberlain probably would've been execution-hanged had death sentences not been abolished earlier.

While Lyndy was still alive and breaking rocks in the hard-labour prison, people who knew 'dingoes', had interviewed all the witnesses, thought the trial was unfair etc, were working to free her.

And free her they did.

Death of Azaria Chamberlain - Simple English Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Lindy Chamberlain was released from jail on February 7 1986, but not cleared until September 15 1988, at which time Lindy and Michael (her husband) were declared innocent of all charges. She and Michael were divorced on June 27 1991. She met Rick Creighton on a speaking[/color] tour of the United States in February 1992 and married him on December 20 1992.

Lucky the lynch mob was foiled and Lindy wasn't hanged, eh?

All convicteds must be kept alive, some of them could be innocent.

Trust the govt?
No thank you!

Trust the justice system anywhere?
No thank you!

You don't want the death penalty in Australia? If that's what the majority decides then fine, don't have it. Nobody gives a shit what you do or do not do in your barren backwater barbecue stand.

#####

That's where human beings are execution-homicided by state govts and the federal govt...premeditated, and in cold blood.

I don't understand the point of the video. Are these death chambers supposed to have a wet bar and pole dancing?
I certainly agree that the death penalty doesn't subvert violence (except for the killer that has the lethal injection of course) but that's only because the death penalty is rare and often takes thirty years or more to execute.
For the death penalty to act as a deterrent we need to change the law where repeals are limited and more crimes are punishable by death.
I would personally expand the death penalty to rapists and child molesters.

Seems to me that the point of the video is that death chambers in the US shouldn't exist at all.
What, you mean expand the death penalty to men wrongly convicted of rape and molesting children?

What, like grandpa who's gone a bit senile and thinks one of his granddaughters is his true love from his teen years, and gropes her?

Some women lie...about rape, ...and lie about their husbands/partners molesting their children...to have the men removed from the marital home, making divorce a lot easier, and for revenge.

Ananda Lawsuit: Cultural Context

An Alarming National Trend – False Rape Allegations

ABSTRACT:

With the cooperation of the police agency of a small metropolitan community, 45 consecutive, disposed, false rape allegations covering a 9 year period were studied.
False rape allegations constitute 41% of the total forcible rape cases (109) reported during this period.
These false allegations appear to serve three major functions for the complainants: providing an alibi, seeking revenge, and obtaining sympathy and attention.
False rape allegations are not the consequence of a gender-linked aberration, as frequently claimed, but reflect impulsive and desperate efforts to cope with personal and social stress situations.
[False rape allegations are reported in similar numbers at college campuses; approximately 50% of rape charges are admitted to be false by the accuser.]

I'm personally against executing innocent people. Sorry if I didn't make that clear.

You don't want the death penalty in Australia? If that's what the majority decides then fine, don't have it.

Lindy Chamberlain in Australia...convicted...life sentence, no death sentence available...later found innocent and released from prison.

Sabrina Butler in USA...convicted...death sentence, death sentence available...later found innocent and released from her prison death row cell where she was waiting to be execution-homicided by the govt.

Time the USA abolished death sentences and death chambers, lest it execute more innocent people.
USA is supposed to be civilised.

Why kill them? Isn't the purpose to punish them? How is it a punishment if you just stick a needle in their arm? Punishment would be making slaves out of them, make them work 12 hours a day or they don't get to eat. If it turns out they're innocent, give them back pay and let them go. If they're guilty, they work until they die.

Have them build new highways. And use exploding neck gear in case they try to run away.

Have them build new highways. And use exploding neck gear in case they try to run away.

A la Sheriff Joe's chain gangs [voluntary].
Would be compulsory for "death row" convicts.

Trouble is, road construction company workers then complain that the inmates are taking their jobs.

Weeding, picking up papers and trash etc beside the highways/roads would be ok though.

No exploding neck gear...accidents might happen.

#####

If prison sucked, meaning that a life sentence was never ending suffering until you die, then I'd be against the DP.

Why kill them? Isn't the purpose to punish them? How is it a punishment if you just stick a needle in their arm? Punishment would be making slaves out of them, make them work 12 hours a day or they don't get to eat. If it turns out they're innocent, give them back pay and let them go. If they're guilty, they work until they die.

Sounds like a plan, but I'm sure the same people who bitch about the death penalty will bitch about this.

#####

If prison sucked, meaning that a life sentence was never ending suffering until you die, then I'd be against the DP.

It isn't already?

IMO it would be a fate worse than death.

Capital Punishment is a necessary tool of the justice system. For cases involving serial killers, I could see no other form of punishment. It also helps ease the pain for the victims family members as it provides a sense of closure.

It doesn't seem to be "necessary" for the rest of the world's justice systems.

Until you figure out that the a lesser punishment than death screws up the cost benefit analysis of a potential killer in favor of murder.

#####

It isn't already?

People adapt and extract immense enjoyment out of things like a phone call, Top Ramen noodles, a game of checkers and so on. It is human nature. Why do you think almost all of the condemned fight execution tooth and nail?

#####

It isn't already?

But society doesn't get anything out of making their life miserable, we get something out of making them work.

It isn't already?

People adapt and extract immense enjoyment out of things like a phone call, Top Ramen noodles, a game of checkers and so on. It is human nature. Why do you think almost all of the condemned fight execution tooth and nail?

I'd rather be dead than be locked up in prison with a life sentence no parole.
Locked in a tiny cell, the only things to look forward to a phone call, and a game of checkers.
I hate noodles with a passion.

Maybe almost all of the condemned lived in poverty, squalor, and totally boring lives.

The accommodation wouldn't suit me.
The food wouldn't suit me.
The company wouldn't suit me.
Loss of freedom wouldn't suit me.
"Torture in American Prisons" [there's a documentary] wouldn't suit me.
The alleged routine gasings, bashings, etc wouldn't suit me.
I'd rather be dead.

It isn't already?

yeah we help a older couple out here ordering up inmate care packages for their

son doing two 100 year sentences

the guy has been in prison his entire adult life

has his own room cable tv works 40 hours a week

he recently sent them a bunch of money to get a new roof on their house

It isn't already?

I'd rather be dead than be locked up in prison with a life sentence no parole.
Locked in a tiny cell, the only things to look forward to a phone call, and a game of checkers.
I hate noodles with a passion.

Maybe almost all of the condemned lived in poverty, squalor, and totally boring lives.

The accommodation wouldn't suit me.
The food wouldn't suit me.
The company wouldn't suit me.
Loss of freedom wouldn't suit me.
"Torture in American Prisons" [there's a documentary] wouldn't suit me.
The alleged routine gasings, bashings, etc wouldn't suit me.
I'd rather be dead.
I fail to see relevance since you're not on death row. Those on death row fight to stay alive, with very few exceptions.

Forum List

Back