dear diary....

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
we are expecting a two phase snow....a short burst of 2 to 4 inches then a prolonged snow of perhaps another 12 inches of snow...husband is spending his time, cross country skiing...

Part 1: A vigorous burst of snow is headed toward the region this morning. Expect snow to develop quickly around 7 AM and last for 3 hours or so. We can expect 2"-4" during that period of time. The timing will be particularly bad catching everyone in that morning commute. Expect a mess. This burst of snow will exit as quickly as it comes leaving us with a mostly dry afternoon. But wow!... cold air returns this afternoon with a vengeance on gusty NW winds.
Part 2: Northwest flow snow showers will redevelop tonight and last through Thursday. Higher elevations on the west side of the Appalachians can expect another foot or so of snow tonight through Thursday; amounts will be far less on the far eastern side (near the Blue Ridge) in the 2" range. For the towns, here's some general guidance for snow amounts tonight through Thursday (generally east to west, not counting the burst of snow this morning): Sparta 2"; the Jeffersons 2"-3"; Blowing Rock 3"-4"; Spruce Pine 2"-4"; Boone, Linville, Seven Devils, Burnsville 4"-5"; Newland and Bakersville 4"-6"; Banner Elk, Sugar Mtn, Wolf Laurel 5"-8"; Beech Mtn, Trade 8"-14". Snow will not be as intense as last Wednesday; however it will be more prolonged and remind us of last Wednesday's blizzard at times. We'll be crying "uncle" by the time it all ends Thursday night.

Ray's Weather Center - Elk River West - averyweather.com

i have hollow nose bullets...i really feel an inner rage when i look at him. i am a cold blooded person who must have an external source of heat at all times. he is not. i want to move to the beach where it is warm...we both have skin conditions that prevent exposure to sun...ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

o well another day, another snow storm.

I'm beginning to think I should move North for retirement! :eek:

Yeah the last storm was predicted to have 14 inches of snow. We got less than one.

So let's see if the fucktard weathermen get it right this time.

Forum List

Back