Zone1 Day after Thanksgiving named Native American Heritage Day

President Barack Obama signs “The Native American Heritage Day Resolution 2009,” designating the Friday after Thanksgiving as “Native American Heritage Day.” The resolution had unanimous support in the U.S. House of Representatives and Senate.
ok you are right the assholes who put up the article i read had it wrong,and its out there with a mistake........sorry billy...

There is more to genocide than simply killing people. It also includes eliminating every aspect of a culture. White people have been trying to do this since day one. This day of remembrance matters a great deal to us.
Fight for things that make a difference. Stupid holidays are worthless. Things like reservation water rights are very important and should be awarded as I have advocated for on this board.

Hope you have a great day filled with family, love, and an appreciation for living.

:beer:

1700842428140.png

because he just threw you a bone.....but i bet he has never once thought about it since,UNLESS someone reminded him for one reason or another....
I bet he does. Because that's why he made it a day. We black folks recognize the struggle of our First Nations brothers and sisters.

truth hurts doesnt it?....so you get a day of remembrance that only a few know about....kind of makes that day kind of irrelevant......
I'm celebrating it. Why do you have a problem with it?

when this day is officially on calendars then you have officially arrived......until then its a day of remembrance that only the aggrieved remember....the "colonizers",unless told....probably never heard of it....so are they learning anything?....
You got this wrong. The aggrieved are the people complaining about or dissing the mention of this day. The colonizers don't want to hear of it. The colonizers are now working to censor things like this.

Last edited:
That was a good idea of President Obama's. Thanks to the OP for telling us.

Some woke liberals have disowned "Thanksgiving" and want to rename it as "Truthgiving." (I guess "truth" refers to how the Native Americans' land was stolen from them.)

So President Obama's honoring Native Americans the day after Thanksgiving is a nice compromise.

What a nice change of pace to honor a group of people who -- to the best of my knowledge -- do NOT commit a lot of violent crime against innocent people in our cities.
Thanksgiving should be disowned by those who were mistreated by the colonists. We have all kinds of holidays for those who commit a lot of violent crime, not only in our cities, but in suburbs and rural communities. 82 year old white men need to look in the mirror at the true face of violence because all crime is violent and whites commit the most.

I bet he does. Because that's why he made it a day. We black folks recognize the struggle of our First Nations brothers and sisters.
I can't begrudge them a day or even a month given their struggles. They are 87X more deserving than blacks if you just look at the treasure that has been wasted on you people and what you did with it.

wow what an attitude....if your people basically have the same attitude no wonder why no one gives a fuck about it....
I really think whites need to stop talking about other peoples attitudes. Whites have created the animosity that some hold against them. It is arrogant to believe you can misstreat people continuously for generations then call them racists for being angry about it. It is arrogant to mistreat people continuously for generations then tell them how wrong they are for being angry about it. It is arrogant to mistreat people continuously for generations then have the attitude that they just have to take it. Hellbilly doesn't have to give a damn whether whites give a fuck about this day. No member of the First Nations does. This is their day and whether you recognize it IS irrelevant. Whether whites ever recognize it is irrelevant. It is a day on the calendar whether it marked in bold and it doesn't matter if whites recognize it. It's time some whites stopped believing that the earth revolves around you and your thoughts. There are other people living here besides whites.

When you want to help people, you tell them the truth. When you want to help yourself, you tell them what they want to hear.
The most fundamental fact about the ideas of the political left is that they do not work. Therefore we should not be surprised to find the left concentrated in institutions where ideas do not have to work in order to survive.
Thomas Sowell

Sowell has made a living telling whites what they want to hear.

I really think whites need to stop talking about other peoples attitudes. Whites have created the animosity that some hold against them. It is arrogant to believe you can misstreat people continuously for generations then call them racists for being angry about it. It is arrogant to mistreat people continuously for generations then tell them how wrong they are for being angry about it. It is arrogant to mistreat people continuously for generations then have the attitude that they just have to take it. Hellbilly doesn't have to give a damn whether whites give a fuck about this day. No member of the First Nations does. This is their day and whether you recognize it IS irrelevant. Whether whites ever recognize it is irrelevant. It is a day on the calendar whether it marked in bold and it doesn't matter if whites recognize it. It's time some whites stopped believing that the earth revolves around you and your thoughts. There are other people living here besides whites.
There are other people living here besides whites.
yea no shit.....

Forum List

Back