Zone1 Day after Thanksgiving named Native American Heritage Day

Hellbilly

Platinum Member
Oct 13, 2016
Aniyuawiya
President Barack Obama signs “The Native American Heritage Day Resolution 2009,” designating the Friday after Thanksgiving as “Native American Heritage Day.” The resolution had unanimous support in the U.S. House of Representatives and Senate.

In signing H.J. Res. 40 into law, President Obama stated, “I encourage every American to join me in observing Native American Heritage Day ... It is also important for all of us to understand the rich culture, tradition, and history of Native Americans and their status today, and to appreciate the contributions that First Americans have made and will continue to make to our Nation.”

1700838631663.png

Thank you President Obama. Thank you for doing what others have refused to do.

If the Injins would have had a more stringent immigration policy they could be spending this weekend hunting buffalo and trading wampum instead of being drunk on a reservation.

We should learn from their mistakes.

Obama conned you too, I see. What exactly did he DO for you? He decreed a day that everyone has forgotten. Don't feel bad, he is a master conman.
There is more to genocide than simply killing people. It also includes eliminating every aspect of a culture. White people have been trying to do this since day one. This day of remembrance matters a great deal to us.

• Fact
Reactions: IM2
That was a good idea of President Obama's. Thanks to the OP for telling us.

Some woke liberals have disowned "Thanksgiving" and want to rename it as "Truthgiving." (I guess "truth" refers to how the Native Americans' land was stolen from them.)

So President Obama's honoring Native Americans the day after Thanksgiving is a nice compromise.

What a nice change of pace to honor a group of people who -- to the best of my knowledge -- do NOT commit a lot of violent crime against innocent people in our cities.

when this day is officially on calendars then you have officially arrived......until then its a day of remembrance that only the aggrieved remember....the "colonizers",unless told....probably never heard of it....so are they learning anything?....
Your opinion is irrelevant. Go shopping.

That was a good idea of President Obama's. Thanks to the OP for telling us.

Some woke liberals have disowned "Thanksgiving" and want to rename it as "Truthgiving." (I guess "truth" refers to how the Native Americans' land was stolen from them.)

So President Obama's honoring Native Americans the day after Thanksgiving is a nice compromise.

What a nice change of pace to honor a group of people who -- to the best of my knowledge -- do NOT commit a lot of violent crime against innocent people in our cities.
Obama wasnt the signer....Bush Jr was......

Forum List

Back