Zone1 Day after Thanksgiving named Native American Heritage Day

Fight for things that make a difference. Stupid holidays are worthless. Things like reservation water rights are very important and should be awarded as I have advocated for on this board.
So is MMIW and a host of other issues. All of those things are still being fought for. I can only do 1 thread at a time. Trust me, I'll get to those other issues.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
You got this wrong. The aggrieved are the people complaining about or dissing the mention of this day. The colonizers don't want to hear of it. The colonizers are now working to censor things like this.
Absolutely true. It's all part of the genocide of Native people and Native culture. They want to separate us from who we are.

• Winner
Reactions: IM2
It will never happen. They can't kill our spirit.
They may have done what has been done but they have never killed our spirit. That's why we still fight today. We are responsible to our ancestors to finish the fight they started. Until we are equal in every way, this fiight won't stop.

I'm celebrating it. Why do you have a problem with it?
When you think of the Trail of Tears, you likely imagine a long procession of suffering Cherokee Indians forced westward by a villainous Andrew Jackson. Perhaps you envision unscrupulous white slaveholders, whose interest in growing a plantation economy underlay the decision to expel the Cherokee, flooding in to take their place east of the Mississippi River.

What you probably don’t picture are Cherokee slaveholders, foremost among them Cherokee chief John Ross. What you probably don’t picture are the numerous African-American slaves, Cherokee-owned, who made the brutal march themselves, or else were shipped en masse to what is now Oklahoma aboard cramped boats by their wealthy Indian masters.

Native American culture was built on the backs of slaves. Slavery was practiced in the Americas for thousands of years before the Europeans showed up. The most advanced Native American culture built giant pyramids for the sole purpose for ritually slaughtering slaves.

Forum List

Back