Dan Crenshaw: MAGA Hardliners Aren’t Rational People

Seems to me the problem is not about their general positions on issues, or about their concerns, it's that they've been so manipulated, full of rage and emotion, that they can't control their behaviors. So they just MASSIVELY overcompensate on pretty much EVERYTHING, and it makes them look ignorant and foolish.

I understand their concerns and agree with some of them. But fer fuck's sake, they can't seem to understand that this comical hyperbole they're consumed by does more harm than good. They've been convinced that things like complexity and nuance and calm reason are some fucking conspiracy theory to get them.
It seems to me that you're totally full of shit and like to make things up that sound sophisticated but are really just horseshit.

For what it's worth, I could make a pretty long list of prominent Democrats, and assert without fear of contradiction, that anyone who voted for them FOR ANY OFFICE of public trust, is either stupid or subversive. Prove me wrong.

Adam Schiff,
Nancy Pelosi,
AOC (and the others in the so-called, 'Squad'),
John Fetterman,
Chuck Schumer,

need I go on?
Eric Swalwell
Ted Lieu
Maxine Waters
Eleanor Holms Norton
Debbie Wasserman Schultz
Hank Johnson
Jamie Raskin
Ayanna Pressley
Rashida Tlaib
Ilhan Ohmar
Jerold Nadler
Jim Clyburn
Sheila Jackson-Lee

And those are just the ones I know from personal knowledge that are stupid and/or deranged

Eric Swalwell
Ted Lieu
Maxine Waters
Eleanor Holms Norton
Debbie Wasserman Schultz
Hank Johnson
Jamie Raskin
Ayanna Pressley
Rashida Tlaib
Ilhan Ohmar
Jerold Nadler
Jim Clyburn
Sheila Jackson-Lee

And those are just the ones I know from personal knowledge that are stupid and/or deranged

Don't know the Norton chic, but the rest are the worst that society has to offer.

The problem any GOP leader faces today is that too many Republicans don’t really want to hold and keep political power. They’re much more comfortable in opposition in the minority, which is easier because no hard decisions or compromises are necessary. You can rage against “the swamp” without having to do anything to change it. This is the fundamental and sorry truth behind the Speaker spectacle and the performative GOP politics of recent years.​

Word.

You raise more money and get more famous raging against “The Swamp” than doing anything to fix it.

Best to keep the grievance machine running because ka-ching!

Gridlock is good as far as the government is concerned.

Let's hope it takes years to iron out this Speaker of the House vote

That's just a guarantee that Congress won't fuck anything up
Yep it’s great. Especially during times of crisis. :cuckoo:

The problem any GOP leader faces today is that too many Republicans don’t really want to hold and keep political power. They’re much more comfortable in opposition in the minority, which is easier because no hard decisions or compromises are necessary. You can rage against “the swamp” without having to do anything to change it. This is the fundamental and sorry truth behind the Speaker spectacle and the performative GOP politics of recent years.​

Word.

You raise more money and get more famous raging against “The Swamp” than doing anything to fix it.

Best to keep the grievance machine running because ka-ching!
You're referring to the RINO establishment Republicans who don't really support Republican principles.

Gridlock is good as far as the government is concerned.

Let's hope it takes years to iron out this Speaker of the House vote

That's just a guarantee that Congress won't fuck anything up
Say that when government grinds to a halt and nothing and nobody gets funded. The Republicans tried that before.....how'd that work out?

Seems to me the problem is not about their general positions on issues, or about their concerns, it's that they've been so manipulated, full of rage and emotion, that they can't control their behaviors. So they just MASSIVELY overcompensate on pretty much EVERYTHING, and it makes them look ignorant and foolish.

I understand their concerns and agree with some of them. But fer fuck's sake, they can't seem to understand that this comical hyperbole they're consumed by does more harm than good. They've been convinced that things like complexity and nuance and calm reason are some fucking conspiracy theory to get them.
Over compensation indeed. We see that here with MAGAts all the time. :heehee:

Forum List

Back