Daily trivia Tournament

ok -- so i understand how the score each day is arrived at but i dont understand how the points award is made.

Like yesterday, i got all 10 and got 6 points and someone else got all 10 and got 5. other days two people will get 10 right and both get the same point award. Still other days one person might get 10 and another get 9 and be slower and they both get 5 points .

i assume it has something to do with time and the number of players (what else could it be?) but i havent been able to quantify it -- not that ive really tried. i take the easier path -- I ask you guys.

Your quiz score is based on number of questions correct and elapsed time...

the quiz score is calculated as follows:

you get 100 points for each correct answer, with a theoretical maximum of 1000 for a ten-question quiz...

from that number is subtracted the number of seconds it took for you to finish the quiz...
i.e., one point is subtracted for each second it took to finish the quiz...

that gives you your quiz score...

your quiz score is then compared with the quiz scores of other players to determine how you place in the "Score" listings for that day's quiz (first, second, third, etc...)

"Award" points are then based on how you place in the day's "Score" listings (first, second, third, etc...)

As you may have already noticed... when there's only a few players, there's hardly any difference in "Award" points given to the highest and lowest scorers... which does seem kinda goofy...

however, as the number of players increases, the difference between "Award" points for highest and lowest scorers significantly increases...

not sure why it's set up this way...

I recall someone suggesting that it's to encourage us to bring in more people to play...

Thank you - so there doesnt seem to be a formula to the award of points.

The only rule i can see to that is this --

When I win the day someone always gets the same number of points awarded as I do - even sometimes if they get less right.

When i get the same number right as the person who wins the day I get less points. That seems pretty clear!

Oh the humanity

I missed one because I didn't know how to spell Yuri Gagarin's name!

I was looking for Gregarin or something like that. Gagarin looked like a typo so I figured it was a trick answer. Doh!

LOL. I tied Bill's score on both games today. Same # correct, same times. But he went first, so he gets the wins.

Not complaining.

Just sayin ... and laughin. :D

PresleyInheritance.jpg

:lol:

1. deaddogseye (76 points, 10 wins)
2. Amelia (74 points, 11 wins)
3. hortysir (70 points, 8 wins)
4. bayoubill (8 points, 2 wins)

:clap2:

Well, looks like it's just me and deaddogseye ... and I feel like taking a break.

Dog ... you win the internets! !

Forum List

Back