CVS to close 900 stores: Drugstore chain's store closings represent 10% of locations

The Laughing Hyena apparently runs for cover with his tail between his legs when someone who can handle his steady regurgitation of BS when
What the hell are you talking about? The insurance companies are forcing people to go mail order. For my son's insulin I have the choice of 50 dollars for a 3 month supply or 250 if I get it at the local store....hmmmm... which way did I choose to go?

I can get my inhaler for 25 bucks for 3 months or 175 for 3 months...hmmm again which route did I go?

What the hell are YOU talking about?

NAME the online pharmacies where you are getting these "great deals".

Nobody but CVS really cares if they are changing the direction of their business model.

I do not see what Democrats have to do with it. Sounds like an internal decision, to me.

Does this mean, Walgreens will be the undisputed king of drugstore chains, now?

This is more likely related to people shifting there pharmacy shopping to Walmart and Kroger or other food store chains that have enhanced their offerings for convenience and one-stop shopping. It is pretty hard to compete against those type business models for variety of offerings and shopping convenience. It is kind of like how Lowes, Home Depot and to an extent Walmart have put most local hardware stores out of the market, as has been happening for twenty-something years. Times change and business models will change with them or go away.

Wait, are you saying it is not the Dems fault that people will not make a special trip to CVS to buy over priced TP and soda?

Who are you trying to kid? It is all the Dems fault

CVS plans to close about 900 stores over the next three years, reflecting nearly 1 in 10 of its locations, as the drugstore chain continues its pivot away from retail and toward health care services.

What a job the democrats are doing on behalf of ccp and the new world order. Don't think for one moment they aren't proud of themselves.

What does any of that have to do with Democrats?

The Laughing Hyena apparently runs for cover with his tail between his legs when someone who can handle his steady regurgitation of BS when

NAME the online pharmacies where you are getting these great deals.

We get all our prescriptions via express scripts. They are who our insurance uses.

Oh, and I was wrong about the cost of the insulin, it is only 29 bucks for 3 months supply.

1637258477533.png

CVS to close 900 stores: Drugstore chain's store closings represent 10% of locations

Nathan Bomey, USA TODAY

Thu, November 18, 2021, 10:19 AM·1 min read

CVS plans to close about 900 stores over the next three years, reflecting nearly 1 in 10 of its locations, as the drugstore chain continues its pivot away from retail and toward health care services.

The company announced Thursday that it would shutter 300 stores per year for the next three years.

"The company is committed to offering impacted colleagues roles in other locations or different opportunities as part of its overall workforce strategy," CVS said in a statement.

What a job the democrats are doing on behalf of ccp and the new world order. Don't think for one moment they aren't proud of themselves.

CVS is going digital and refocusing on healthcare services. They have the right to change their business model.

Damn, I was wrong about my inhaler also,. it is only 10 bucks for 3 months.

1637258588352.png

CVS is going digital and refocusing on healthcare services. They have the right to change their business model.

No they do not, it is all the Dems fault that anyone does anything different.

EVERYTHING IS THE DEMS FAULT.

If you say otherwise you are just a moron!

Nathan Bomey, USA TODAY

Thu, November 18, 2021, 10:19 AM·1 min read

The company announced Thursday that it would shutter 300 stores per year for the next three years.

"The company is committed to offering impacted colleagues roles in other locations or different opportunities as part of its overall workforce strategy," CVS said in a statement.

They overbuilt trying to be on the opposite corner of the intersection from every Walgreens.

CVS says....

The local rightwing sheep say...

It all the Dems fault!

:laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg:

I bet nobody went to the CVS either.
No CVS pharmacy here, but I use Walgreens and also Rite Aid, I use them more than most stores as they are fair priced, they are local and nearby. I'm not one that uses the store for meds, because other than hydrocodone, which I fill once a year or so, I don't take prescriptions.

No CVS pharmacy here, but I use Walgreens and also Rite Aid, I use them more than most stores as they are fair priced, they are local and nearby. I'm not one that uses the store for meds, because other than hydrocodone, which I fill once a year or so, I don't take prescriptions.
I only have one prescription for high BP. When I didn't have insurance, Walmart was the cheapest. Even with insurance I just continued with them.

Forum List

Back