CVS to close 900 stores: Drugstore chain's store closings represent 10% of locations

My wife buys from Amazon, I don't use them, they are a version of the big box stores, only worse.

The other things they sell are higher priced than the Walmart or local grocery store right next to them.

But the sheep have to blame it on the Dems, that is all they know how to do
Well... First I would like to see the demographic outlay of the closures.

Think I have a pretty good idea of each they're doing it. Hint:. It's not lack of sales. They have plenty of black ink on the page.

Think I have a pretty good idea of each they're doing it. Hint:. It's not lack of sales. They have plenty of black ink on the page.

If you read the link in the OP they give you the reason why it is happening...

CVS plans to close about 900 stores over the next three years, reflecting nearly 1 in 10 of its locations, as the drugstore chain continues its pivot away from retail and toward health care services.

It will not be a positive for the neighborhoods. Having access to a pharmacy in an emergency situation is very important. There are now towns that do not have any sort of pharmacy in them. This is not a positive
Even as a child there were pharmacies that were privately owned and not chain stores that played an important role for the neighborhood. The products sold in urban neighborhoods by chain stores like CVS is important to those involved. The riots have changed a lot of things. Burning down and looting costs money and the consumers pay the price for this.

CVS plans to close about 900 stores over the next three years, reflecting nearly 1 in 10 of its locations, as the drugstore chain continues its pivot away from retail and toward health care services.
Don't buy it....I read that already.
They just purchased AETNA.....
My Guess is that they are swapping out to mail order pharmacy in higher crime areas.

Even as a child there were pharmacies that were privately owned and not chain stores that played an important role for the neighborhood. The products sold in urban neighborhoods by chain stores like CVS is important to those involved. The riots have changed a lot of things. Burning down and looting costs money and the consumers pay the price for this.
Bingo

My Guess is that they are swapping out to mail order pharmacy in higher crime areas.

Dude, mail order pharmacy is everywhere. Did you not bother to read the thread?

Definitely. The drugstores in the blue shitholes have to put everything behind locked glass, need to hire extra security, suffer 10-15% inventory losses to theft, and have exorbitant insurance rates. Those things are too expensive to make the business profitable, so they leave.

They had to lock up the fucking toothpaste in San Francisco!

1637268802425.png

The market has changed these companies either learn to change or die off, nothing new.
CVS will never die off they bought Aetna and I believe silverscript. Not to mention there's almost a CVS on every corner as well as a Walgreen's either across the street or within a block.

Hell, in a 19 mile stretch down my street there are 3 CVS, 2 Walgreens 4 Walmart pharmacies and publix, oh forgot two independents. Population is approximately 65,000.

They wouldn't announce they are closing stores in cities that allow $1000 free shopping sprees, Dummy.

That would invite having their stores burned down.

CVS will never die off they bought Aetna and I believe silverscript. Not to mention there's almost a CVS on every corner as well as a Walgreen's either across the street or within a block.

Hell, in a 19 mile stretch down my street there are 3 CVS, 2 Walgreens 4 Walmart pharmacies and publix, oh forgot two independents. Population is approximately 65,000.
Yeah....annnnd people can't just walk in and take 899 bucks worth of shelf stuff....
I noticed the article did not come complete with a list of Store locations.....hmmmm......not an accident I think.

JO

In many areas in Commie Kalifornia anybody can just walk into the store and shoplift anything they want under $1000 and nobody can stop them.

How can a store stay in business with stupidity like that?

I immediately assumed that was a lie.

We have a LOT of CVS's around here, way too many, all giant empty, echoing and dim stores no one goes in.

Of course they are closing stores! And not just in high crime areas, I bet.

In many areas in Commie Kalifornia anybody can just walk into the store and shoplift anything they want under $1000 and nobody can stop them.

How can a store stay in business with stupidity like that?
Racist! Bigot! White supremacist! I have a right to take anything I want from anybody and you're just a no good stinker if you say otherwise! So get the fuck back here and reopen this CVS right now or I'm telling you I'm going to get very angry!

Let me guess. Too many Wal-Green stores have closed due to the shop lifting issue and so now the shop lifting is taking place at CVS Pharmacy buildings.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

For your reference, here's a list:

Most Violent Cities In America 2021

Most Violent Cities in America
  1. St. Louis, MO (2,082) - mayor - Democrat
  2. Detroit, MI (2,057) - mayor - Democrat
  3. Baltimore, MD (2,027) - mayor - Democrat
  4. Memphis, TN (2,003) - mayor - Democrat
  5. Little Rock, AR (1,634) - mayor - Democrat
  6. Milwaukee, WI (1,597) - mayor - Democrat
  7. Rockford, IL (1,588) - mayor - Democrat