CVS to close 900 stores: Drugstore chain's store closings represent 10% of locations

We get all our prescriptions via express scripts. They are who our insurance uses.

Why a patient paid a $285 copay for a $40 drug​

Express Scripts spokesperson Brian Henry confirmed to PBS NewsHour Weekend the $285 copay that Ma paid in 2016 for his wife’s telmisartan was correct, but didn’t provide an explanation as to why it was so much higher than the $40 Costco price. Henry said that big retailers like Costco sometimes offer deep discounts on drugs through low-cost generics programs.

So what’s a patient to do? Websites like GoodRx and WellRx can help consumers find the best prices at local pharmacies. They provide coupons and savings cards for certain drugs as well as out-of-pocket price information, which could be less than a copay.

It’s not always better to pay out-of-pocket, even if it’s cheaper. Patients need to look at the terms of their insurance plans and do the math.If a patient has a high deductible, it might make more sense in the long-run to pay the higher price and use up the deductible so insurance kicks in sooner.

Z. Ming Ma said he does find the Express Scripts home delivery service convenient. But he wasn’t happy about the price of his wife’s medication, and is glad he found another way to buy it.

“You have no choice, you can’t bargain,” he said. “I knew I wasn’t going to win.”

Uh....no

Never owned a business have you

CVS acts as a convenience store. With high prices to match.
The Inflation you savor is pricing CVS right out of the market.

IDK. Once they banned stores from selling cigarettes, traffic at my closest CVS dropped off considerably.

Why a patient paid a $285 copay for a $40 drug​

Express Scripts spokesperson Brian Henry confirmed to PBS NewsHour Weekend the $285 copay that Ma paid in 2016 for his wife’s telmisartan was correct, but didn’t provide an explanation as to why it was so much higher than the $40 Costco price. Henry said that big retailers like Costco sometimes offer deep discounts on drugs through low-cost generics programs.

So what’s a patient to do? Websites like GoodRx and WellRx can help consumers find the best prices at local pharmacies. They provide coupons and savings cards for certain drugs as well as out-of-pocket price information, which could be less than a copay.

It’s not always better to pay out-of-pocket, even if it’s cheaper. Patients need to look at the terms of their insurance plans and do the math.If a patient has a high deductible, it might make more sense in the long-run to pay the higher price and use up the deductible so insurance kicks in sooner.

Z. Ming Ma said he does find the Express Scripts home delivery service convenient. But he wasn’t happy about the price of his wife’s medication, and is glad he found another way to buy it.

“You have no choice, you can’t bargain,” he said. “I knew I wasn’t going to win.”

That is very nice, what is your point? I showed you how much we pay copied directly from their site.

"A list of locations poised to close was not immediately available."

Just about guarantee you most all of these closures will be in large urban areas (the armpits of America) where 90% of the violence and looting occurs.

"A list of locations poised to close was not immediately available."

Just about guarantee you most all of these closures will be in large urban areas (the armpits of America) where 90% of the violence and looting occurs.

That is a bet I will take.

Seems like you haven't actually been inside any of these stores. You should probably stop embarrassing yourself now.

Very rarely. Just when I need diabetic strips for my son. They are just a 7/11 that sells drugs. Their products are overpriced and the selection is shitty.

And clearly not a lot of people go in them or they would not need to close 900 of them.

The only one that should be embarrassed is you, but you are too stupid to be so

Very rarely. Just when I need diabetic strips for my son. They are just a 7/11 that sells drugs. Their products are overpriced and the selection is shitty.

And clearly not a lot of people go in them or they would not need to close 900 of them.

The only one that should be embarrassed is you, but you are too stupid to be so

At least we agree that you have no idea what you're talking about.

Out of curiosity I'm wondering if the stores closing will be in primarily red or blue states, or a combo of both.
I'm guessing they will be concentrated in states that allow one to shop for free up to $1000.

Ohhh, they are testing automated delivery...

1637264698855.png

CVS to close 900 stores: Drugstore chain's store closings represent 10% of locations

Nathan Bomey, USA TODAY

Thu, November 18, 2021, 10:19 AM·1 min read

CVS plans to close about 900 stores over the next three years, reflecting nearly 1 in 10 of its locations, as the drugstore chain continues its pivot away from retail and toward health care services.
No wonder! When we go in one of these big box stores around here, and there are a lot of them, they are always quite empty. We're the only customers. And they are aggressive about datamining us. Which I don't cooperate with.

I went to a CVS this summer to buy a bottle of Nyquil. "Birthdate?" said the checkout clerk. "NO," I said definitely.

She squeaked, "No??" "No," I said, not smiling, not explaining. Never explain. She put in some phony, lying numbers and I went on my way. Terrible company. I'll avoid them, and then they won't have any customers. Why do they "need" birthdates?? No one else asks that. Because they are datamining us.

Forum List

Back