"cut the wealth of billionaires in half over 15 years, "

There is no contradiction.
Government created the laws and institutions that enabled vast private fortunes to come into existence. Only government has the ability to exterminate the political influence those private fortunes exert over society today.

After JPMorgan Chase Admits to Its 4th and 5th Felony Charge, Its Board Gives a $50 Million Bonus to Its CEO, Jamie Dimon
Government set up the rules so that corporations can do what they do.

And you want MORE government.

Dumbass.

i think billionaires (and millionaires like me) should help the less fortunate

i'm like the Angelina Jolie of incredibly hot guys

A multi-billionaire has lawsuits against him. Who knew?

I'm nowhere close to a billionaire, nowhere close. I've been sued too. So what?
So, you won't get my POTUS vote either.:p
How many times have you been sued?
Ten?
Hundreds??
Thousands???

Legal affairs of Donald Trump - Wikipedia

"In June 2016, USA Today published an analysis of litigation involving Donald Trump, which found that over the previous three decades Trump and his businesses have been involved in 3,500 legal cases in U.S. federal and state courts, an unprecedented number for a U.S. presidential candidate.["

Do you have any credible source for that opinion?

Effects of economic inequality - Wikipedia

"A 1992 World Bank report published in the Journal of Development Economics said that

"NYU economist William Baumol found that substantial inequality does not stimulate growth because poverty reduces labor force productivity.[83]

"Economists Dierk Herzer and Sebastian Vollmer found that increased income inequality reduces economic growth, but growth itself increases income inequality."
That's horseshit, of course.

So, you won't get my POTUS vote either.:p
How many times have you been sued?
Ten?
Hundreds??
Thousands???

Legal affairs of Donald Trump - Wikipedia

"In June 2016, USA Today published an analysis of litigation involving Donald Trump, which found that over the previous three decades Trump and his businesses have been involved in 3,500 legal cases in U.S. federal and state courts, an unprecedented number for a U.S. presidential candidate.["
It's not inprecedented for a construction contractor, and Trump was both a plaintiff and a defendent on those lawsuits.

Jesus but you MAGATS are FOX News stupid.

So typically, you have nothing and all you have left is slander. Got it!

Intelligent-S.jpg

Do you see how gullible you are? Its right there in your post. Just like I said companies are the ones raising prices. Prices don't just go up by themselves. Someone has to say "Hey people have a lot of money. Lets raise prices."

I'm sorry you have no knowledge of a free market system. Why did you not read the article? If the price to the manufacturer increases, what are they to do? Pass it on to their stockholders/owners in the form of losses, or raise their price to the consumer as their competitors will be forced to do as well.

Walter Williams offers a free course on economics for the citizen. You would be well advised to study it or continue to expose your ignorance on the subject.

walterewilliams.com/publications/freeman/May05.pdf

False, and frankly a cop out. It's like saying you shit in your living room because people have to take a shit somewhere.

Of course, all people are greedy. Why else would people want $15.00 per hour for having no skills, no education, and no experience?

Do you think Henry Ford invented the assembly line and increased the pay to his workers out of the goodness of his heart?

Of course, all people are greedy. Why else would people want $15.00 per hour for having no skills, no education, and no experience?

Do you think Henry Ford invented the assembly line and increased the pay to his workers out of the goodness of his heart?
notice that Asclepias ran away from the discussion.

Do you have any credible source for that opinion?

Effects of economic inequality - Wikipedia

"A 1992 World Bank report published in the Journal of Development Economics said that

"NYU economist William Baumol found that substantial inequality does not stimulate growth because poverty reduces labor force productivity.[83]

"Economists Dierk Herzer and Sebastian Vollmer found that increased income inequality reduces economic growth, but growth itself increases income inequality."
Yes the same source you cited.

They showed no negative effects. Nor positive effects.

That by definition IS association which by definition is not cause and effect.

BTW your memes are a failure. Capitalism killed no one.

I agree that government hasn't done its job regarding monopolies, however, isn't that like saying small government failed, so we are going to make it a whole lot bigger? If a small government did its job, would you still find it objectionable? I'
I think you're making a mistake to think in terms of big or small government.
We have the best government money can buy.
Big money controls both major political parties, and over the last forty years Wall Street fraud has become one mother lode of those dollars.
I see corporate personhood and the Big Problem, but I don't see many Democrats or Republicans lining up to support that.

Buy Them Up!: Why We Must Nationalize the Banks - CounterPunch.org

"The Bank of North Dakota has a long history of serving the people. We should take it as a national model.

"As Bernie Sanders has suggested, we could also create a postal savings bank administered through the Post Office. Deposits would go to government securities, which could be used to fund long-overdue repairs to bridges, roads, and public transit systems.

"A postal savings bank would give the 23% of the American population that is 'unbanked' or 'underbanked,' with limited or no access to basic banking services, a safe place to store their savings."

Amazon employees become poorer as Bezo’s becomes richer. Is this your premise?
Didn't Rich Jeff admit that when he thanked every Amazon employee and every Amazon customer "because you guys paid for all this"?
60f73afd2a723b0011e4e7a4

In case you haven't noticed, 90% of US workers haven't been getting the same percentage wage gains over the past forty years as those earning a higher salary have.
Five-Causes-of-Wage-Stagnation-in-the-United-States.jpg

Five Causes of Wage Stagnation in the United States | AFL-CIO

If you think you're not getting paid enough for your labor then it's up to you to either make your labor more valuable to employers or work for yourself
If you know you're not getting paid enough for your labor, it is up to you to change the political system that rewards those who have the most with 90% of all productivity gains over the past forty years.

We need a new economy and society that doesn't require millions of people live in perpetual financial and physical peril so a handful of parasites can float in space for ten minutes.

If you know you're not getting paid enough for your labor, it is up to you to change the political system that rewards those who have the most with 90% of all productivity gains over the past forty years.

We need a new economy and society that doesn't require millions of people live in perpetual financial and physical peril so a handful of parasites can float in space for ten minutes.
If you know you're not getting paid enough for your labor, make yourself more valuable to your employer.

Turning oxygen into carbon dioxide is not a valuable commodity.

Capitalism forces no such theft. The value of labor is STRICTLY a subkjective agreement between employee and employer
Workers under capitalism are compelled by their lack of ownership of the means of production to sell their labor power to capitalists for less than the full value of the goods they produce. There's nothing subjective about it.

Exploitation (Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy).

I agree that government hasn't done its job regarding monopolies, however, isn't that like saying small government failed, so we are going to make it a whole lot bigger? If a small government did its job, would you still find it objectionable? I'
I think you're making a mistake to think in terms of big or small government.
We have the best government money can buy.
hird parties cannot measure said value; Marx was a proven drooling fool and his value theory of labor was not a theory at all it was a stupid delusional rant;
Marx knew that labor power is distinct from every other commodity in one important aspect; labor has the power to produce value beyond what is needed for its own reproduction.

The value that goes into the commodities that sustain a worker for a 12 hour day is less than the value of the commodities that worker can produce during those 12 hours.

1_84gwuVnrs6wdiu8yL_o5UA-e1555816169646.jpeg

"The key to understanding the nature of the capitalist economy, according to Marx, lies in understanding the nature of the commodity.

"A commodity is something that is useful and that is produced in order to be exchanged for a different kind of commodity.

"Parents who make bread to feed their family are not producing commodities.

"Bakers who produce bread to sell on the market are producing commodities."

The Labor Theory of Value and Surplus Value

Forum List

Back