Cuba Denies Visas To US Lawmakers

You are a typical blame-America-first liberal Democrat quisling.

Yes, America never blockaded Cuba when Russia placed medium range missiles there, even though they were a reply to America's missiles in Turkey the year before.

The Soviets were simply evening the playing field after America raised the stakes.

Of course, no one likes to mention the Jupiter II missiles in Turkey because that would be anti American.
I already mentioned it and I noticed not one of these "people" even acknowledged it.

I rely on reality and experience and you choose propaganda.

really, you lived through the Cuban Revolution?
If you mean the Castro commie overthrow, yes, I was alive when that happened. That is all that is relevant to this discussion. Unless you are a lefty propaganda sheeple.
I can guarantee you that your information on the Cuban revolution is pure propaganda. Anyone that knows what actually happened would not defend the US. Unless they truly are evil.

Yes, America never blockaded Cuba when Russia placed medium range missiles there, even though they were a reply to America's missiles in Turkey the year before.

The Soviets were simply evening the playing field after America raised the stakes.

Of course, no one likes to mention the Jupiter II missiles in Turkey because that would be anti American.
I already mentioned it and I noticed not one of these "people" even acknowledged it.
The Jupiter missile removal aspect is ignored because it detracts from the ostensible heroics of JFK.

If you mean the Castro commie overthrow, yes, I was alive when that happened. That is all that is relevant to this discussion. Unless you are a lefty propaganda sheeple.
I can guarantee you that your information on the Cuban revolution is pure propaganda. Anyone that knows what actually happened would not defend the US. Unless they truly are evil.
You sound like those who rationalized the iranian revolution of 1979. Like a worse result is somehow a justified improvement.

You sound like those who rationalized the iranian revolution of 1979. Like a worse result is somehow a justified improvement.
Knew it, keep up with your pro-US propaganda. Always root for the home team.

You must be a college graduate.
Maybe you should run away from home. When you realize how much you miss your freedom you'll return like the prodigal son.

The Jupiter missile removal aspect is ignored because it detracts from the ostensible heroics of JFK.
We are not talking about the removal of them but the placement of them in the first place. Try to keep up.

We are not talking about the removal of them but the placement of them in the first place. Try to keep up.
We're talking about both, slow poke.

You must be a college graduate.
Really, that's supposed to be an insult. Where else in the world but America can one insult another by saying you're educated.
Maybe you should run away from home. When you realize how much you miss your freedom you'll return like the prodigal son.
I live in Canada. It has a lot more freedom than the US. Think about it. You guys couldn't even travel to Cuba for over 50 years. That was implemented by your government. Please go on and tell me about your freedom.

Thy want to send flights to the US, 100 a day. Their airport security is supposedly inadequate and five of our people wanted to go check it out. You would think since Obama normalized relations with Cuba, they would make a decent gesture. HEY but your right Joe, they are a sovereign country, so if they want to deny us visas, We should tell them to go fuck themselves.

NO flights from Cuba. Why should we let them fly here if they want to be an ass about it?

I am sure the FAA and it's Cuban Counterpart will work this out, just fine.

But, uh, no, after 60 years of trying to starve them out, I really don't expect that they are going to be very trusting the first day.

We didnt blockade them, they were free to trade with the rest of the world. Starve them out? not true.
Ever hear of the Helms-Burton Act.

International Sanctions against the Cuban Government. Economic embargo, any non-U.S. company that deals economically with Cuba can be subjected to legal action and that company's leadership can be barred from entry into the United States. Sanctions may be applied to non-U.S. companies trading with Cuba. This means that internationally operating companies have to choose between Cuba and the U.S., which is a much larger market.
Helms–Burton Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Missing the Target: The Failure of the Helms-Burton Act
Helms-Burton Act: Resurrecting the Iron Curtain

We're talking about both, slow poke.
Yeah, where? Show me.

Well there are some people on the Left who feel that No person is "Illegal" well at least when they are referring to people who have broken US immigration laws. But maybe what your saying now is that the US people are not Obligated to grant amnesty to everyone who can get a fake ID or drivers license, let alone a 'VISA'.

okay, again, not the same thing. The 11 million are already here, and they ain't going back anytime soon. We've been avoiding an adult discussion about it for a decade, and that probably isn't going to change.

Still, realistically I know we have to make a lot of compromises there, so maybe just maybe Cuba can find it in their heart to let 5 people from the Government they just made peace with .... to enter their counrty where they will be monitored 24/7 and not able to do Jack unless allowed by Cuban authorities.

Its obvious this is just a political snub.

Yes, it is. They only want to go to Cuba to badmouth Cuba. The ACTUAL work of sorting out security and visa will be done by the FAA and the Cuba Aviation Committee. No reason to let these jokers in if they are going to be rude.

oh, so you were in Cuba when that happened?

Here's the reality- We spent half a century exploiting Cuba and half a century punishing it for throwing us out.

We should be APOLOGIZING to Cuba, not punishing it further.

and you know what, if we did that, if we opened relations, the Castros will go the way of Mao and Stalin.

So it's okay when US businesses by the hundreds have their operations seized by a foreign leader? No protection for American citizen's interests on foreign soil? By your 'acceptance' or 'forgiving' of this hostile attack on American's, can the US government seize say Apple without retaliation of any kind (aka trade embargo's)?

And it should be noted, you're a liar as well. "Starve them out" my ass, our embargo specifically noted that foodstuff and medical supplies were exempt. We did no 'starving' of anyone, we merely put our foot down that if Castro was going to /steal/ the property of American's we weren't going to fucking by the stolen property back from his ass. He also tried to force the oil companies to supply to Russia, our at the time 'enemy,' then when the oil companies refused to betray America, the fucker stole their shit too.

This guy stole the entire country, literally, and yet you blame America? hahahaha

So it's okay when US businesses by the hundreds have their operations seized by a foreign leader? No protection for American citizen's interests on foreign soil? By your 'acceptance' or 'forgiving' of this hostile attack on American's, can the US government seize say Apple without retaliation of any kind (aka trade embargo's)?

And it should be noted, you're a liar as well. "Starve them out" my ass, our embargo specifically noted that foodstuff and medical supplies were exempt. We did no 'starving' of anyone, we merely put our foot down that if Castro was going to /steal/ the property of American's we weren't going to fucking by the stolen property back from his ass. He also tried to force the oil companies to supply to Russia, our at the time 'enemy,' then when the oil companies refused to betray America, the fucker stole their shit too.

This guy stole the entire country, literally, and yet you blame America? hahahaha
You know nothing of the situation.

The embargo has been criticized for its effects on food, clean water, medicine, and other economic needs of the Cuban population. Criticism has come from both Fidel Castro and Raúl Castro, citizens and groups from within Cuba, and international organizations and leaders. Some academic critics, outside Cuba, have also linked the embargo to shortages of medical supplies and soap which have resulted in a series of medical crises and heightened levels of infectious diseases. It has also been linked to epidemics of specific diseases, including neurological disorders and blindness caused by poor nutrition. Travel restrictions embedded in the embargo have also been shown to limit the amount of medical information that flows into Cuba from the United States. An article written in 1997 suggests malnutrition and disease resulting from increased food and medicine prices have affected men and the elderly, in particular, due to Cuba's rationing system which gives preferential treatment to women and children.
United States embargo against Cuba - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I love it when people tell /me/ I no nothing, it amuses me greatly.

Did you not read the source you linked there kido?

In July 1960, the United States reduced the Cuban import quota of brown sugar to 700,000 tons, under the Sugar Act of 1948;[20] and the Soviet Union responded by agreeing to purchase the sugar instead."

In October 1960, a key incident occurred in which a private American oil refinery in Cuba refused to refine a shipment of Soviet crude oil, and the Cuban government responded by nationalizing all three Cuban refineries, which were all American-owned. This prompted the Eisenhower administration to launch the first trade embargoa prohibition against selling all products to Cuba except food and medicine. The Cuban regime responded with nationalization of all American businesses and most American privately owned properties on the island. No compensation was given for the seizures, and a number of diplomats were expelled from Cuba.

The second wave of nationalizations prompted the Eisenhower administration, in one of its last actions, to sever all diplomatic relations with Cuba, in January 1961. The U.S. partial trade embargo with Cuba was continued, under the Trading with the Enemy Act 1917.

-----
Insert

Trading with the Enemy Act 1917 ~ United States Code: Title 50a,ACT OCT. 6, 1917, CH. 106, 40 STAT. 411 | LII / Legal Information Institute
38. Shipment of relief supplies; definitions ~ United States Code: Title 50a,38. Shipment of relief supplies; definitions | LII / Legal Information Institute

(a) Notwithstanding any other provision of this Act [sections 1 to 6, 7 to 39, and 41 to 44 of this Appendix], it shall be lawful, at any time after the date of cessation of hostilities with any country with which the United States is at war, for any person in the United States to donate, or otherwise dispose of to, and to transport or deliver to, any person in such country any article or articles (including food, clothing, and medicine) intended to be used solely to relieve human suffering.

(b) As used in this section—
(1) the term “person” means any individual, partnership, association, company, or other unincorporated body of individuals, or corporation or body politic;
(2) with respect to any country with which the United States was at war on January 1, 1946, the term “date of cessation of hostilities” shall mean the date of enactment of this Act [May 16, 1946];
(3) with respect to any other war the term “date of cessation of hostilities” shall mean the date specified by proclamation of the President or by a concurrent resolution of the two Houses of Congress whichever is the earlier.
-----

Related: H.R. 5323 - 102nd Congress (1991-1992) ~ H.R.5323 - 102nd Congress (1991-1992): Cuban Democracy Act of 1992

"Prohibits restrictions on the export to Cuba of medicines
, subject to specified conditions and inspection requirements. Permits telecommunications services between the United States and Cuba. Requires the U.S. Postal Service to provide direct mail service to and from Cuba. Authorizes the President to provide assistance to promote nonviolent democratic change in Cuba."

-----

RE: Executive order 12854 1993
31 CFR Part 515 - CUBAN ASSETS CONTROL REGULATIONS ~ 31 CFR Part 515 - CUBAN ASSETS CONTROL REGULATIONS
31 CFR 515.206 - Exempt transactions. ~ 31 CFR 515.206 - Exempt transactions.

(b) Donation of food. The prohibitions contained in this part do not apply to transactions incident to the donation of food to nongovernmental organizations or individuals in Cuba.

/Insert
-----

After Cuba shot down two unarmed Brothers to the Rescue planes in 1996, killing three Americans and a U.S. resident, a bi-partisan coalition in the United States Congress approved the Helms-Burton Act. "The Title III of this law also states that any non-U.S. company that "knowingly trafficks in property in Cuba confiscated without compensation from a U.S. person" can be subjected to litigation and that company's leadership can be barred from entry into the United States. Sanctions may also be applied to non-U.S. companies trading with Cuba. This restriction also applies to maritime shipping, as ships docking at Cuban ports are not allowed to dock at U.S. ports for six months. It's important to note that this title includes waiver authority, so that the President might suspend its application. This waiver must be renewed every six months and traditionally it has been."

----
Insert

The Helms-Burton Act of 1996 ~ https://web.archive.org/web/2000081...ent.uk/commons/lib/research/rp98/rp98-114.pdf

"In 1996 the shooting down of two US planes by the Cuban military accelerated the adoption by Washington of the Cuban Liberty and Democratic Solidarity (Libertad) Act of 1996, also known as the “Helms-Burton Act”. This extended the territorial application of the existing embargo to apply to foreign companies trading with Cuba, and penalized foreign companies allegedly “trafficking” in property formerly owned by US citizens but expropriated by Cuba after the 1959 revolution.

/Insert
-----

So it's okay when US businesses by the hundreds have their operations seized by a foreign leader?

In some cases, yes.
Iran is a fine example of a country the US government installed a dictator in to get oil.
When that dictator was removed, US interests were taken away as they were corrupt and part of the puppet government's support.
That was fair enough.

oh, so you were in Cuba when that happened?

Here's the reality- We spent half a century exploiting Cuba and half a century punishing it for throwing us out.

We should be APOLOGIZING to Cuba, not punishing it further.

and you know what, if we did that, if we opened relations, the Castros will go the way of Mao and Stalin.

You're just willing to kiss anyone's ass aren't you Joe?

Oh look another example where we retaliated because a business was stolen. This time it was our allies, we just helped, unfortunately our 'helping hand' is a lot like a punch in the face because 'Merica!

"Iran's oil had been discovered and later controlled by the British-owned AIOC.[14] Popular discontent with the AIOC began in the late 1940s: a large segment of Iran's public and a number of politicians saw the company as exploitative and a central tool of continued British imperialism in Iran.[7][15] Despite Mosaddegh's popular support, the AIOC was unwilling to allow Iranian authorities to audit the company accounts or to renegotiate the terms of its access to Iranian petroleum. In 1951, Iran's petroleum industry was nationalized with near-unanimous support of the Majlis in a bill introduced by Mossadegh who led the Iranian nationalist party, the National Front. In response, Britain instigated a worldwide boycott of Iranian oil to pressure Iran economically.[16] Initially, Britain mobilized its military to seize control of the British-built Abadan oil refinery, then the world's largest, but Prime Minister Clement Attlee opted instead to tighten the economic boycott[17] while using Iranian agents to undermine Mosaddegh's government.[18] With a change to more conservative governments in both Britain and the United States, Winston Churchill and the Eisenhower administration decided to overthrow Iran's government, though the predecessor Truman administration had opposed a coup.[19] Classified documents show that British intelligence officials played a pivotal role in initiating and planning the coup, and that the AIOC contributed $25,000 towards the expense of bribing officials" ~ 1953 Iranian coup d'état - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Perhaps these fucks should learn that stealing isn't acceptable. Of course, communist/liberal/socialist pieces of shit are all greedy fucks, so its really no surprise they can't keep their hands off other people's hard earned money... Funny cause they call us capitalists 'greedy,' which is made all the more amusing because capitalists are the saps paying their worthless asses bills, even while they fucking lie, slack off, and steal from us.

"Greed" is actually not really a capitalist thing, it's almost entirely a liberal thing. You want to talk about what drives capitalists? OCD: most of us are far more interested in a well run company that makes 70% than an inefficient business that makes 90%. Fucking PO's aren't in the god damn right bin /again/ you stupid fucks, fix that shit, seriously how can it possibly be above someones skill level to read five god damn letters "in" and "out" and drop the shit in the right box? Go figure, the idiot can't find a better job... Conquest: we harken back to glory days when a man [or womans] skills were honored, the hunter who killed a lion or brought home a large gazelle. Capitalists are evolved hunters, we sense a weakness in our competition and we destroy it, then we are stronger and [should be] more honored. Honor and Glory == sense of duty and responsibility: Fucking socialist pussies can't even support their own fucking family, /our/ top dogs support /millions/ Yea, sure, sure the OWS and $15/h asshats are going to help sooo many people ~snort~

Ah got off on a bit of an offshoot there, I'll make up for it with the traits that 99.9% of successful people have. I'm sure it'll go right over all the peon's heads because the foundation for success apparently goes against every lazy fucking bone in their bodies, but I retired in my 20s so I have some free time to assist:

Taking initiative and seeking personal responsibility: Seize opportunities and put yourself in situations where you are personally responsible for success or failure. Take the initiative to solve problems or fill leadership vacuums. Be involved in situations where your impact on a problem can be measured.
Making good use of resources: Identify and use expertise and assistance that is relevant to the accomplishment of your goals. You should not be so involved
in the achievement of your goals and independent accomplishment that you will not let anyone help you.
Competing against self-imposed standards: Establish your own standard of performance which is high yet realistic, then compete with yourself.

Drive and energy level: A successful person must have the ability to work long hours for sustained periods with less than the normal amount of sleep.
Self-confidence: A belief in yourself and your ability to achieve your goals and a sense that events in your life are self-determined is essential.
Setting challenging but realistic goals: The ability to set clear goals and objectives that are challenging, yet realistic and attainable.
Long-term involvement: A commitment to projects that will reach completion in five to seven years and to work towards distant goals. This means total dedication to the
business and to attaining these goals.
Using money as a performance measure: Money, in the form of salary, profits, or capital gains, should be viewed more as a measure of how the company is doing rather
than as an end in itself.
Persistent problem solving: You must have an intense and determined desire to solve problems toward the completion of tasks.
Taking moderate risks: Entrepreneurial success is generally the result of calculated risk-taking that provides a reasonable and challenging chance of success.
Learning from failure: Understanding your role in a failure can be instrumental in avoiding similar problems in the future. A failure may be disappointing, but should not
be discouraging.
Using criticism: You need to be able to seek and use criticism of the style and substance of your performance.

Last edited:
I love it when people tell /me/ I no nothing, it amuses me greatly.

Did you not read the source you linked there kido?

In July 1960, the United States reduced the Cuban import quota of brown sugar to 700,000 tons, under the Sugar Act of 1948;[20] and the Soviet Union responded by agreeing to purchase the sugar instead."

In October 1960, a key incident occurred in which a private American oil refinery in Cuba refused to refine a shipment of Soviet crude oil, and the Cuban government responded by nationalizing all three Cuban refineries, which were all American-owned. This prompted the Eisenhower administration to launch the first trade embargoa prohibition against selling all products to Cuba except food and medicine. The Cuban regime responded with nationalization of all American businesses and most American privately owned properties on the island. No compensation was given for the seizures, and a number of diplomats were expelled from Cuba.

The second wave of nationalizations prompted the Eisenhower administration, in one of its last actions, to sever all diplomatic relations with Cuba, in January 1961. The U.S. partial trade embargo with Cuba was continued, under the Trading with the Enemy Act 1917.
I noticed you conveniently left out this.
On February 7, 1962 the embargo was extended to include almost all imports.

That was 1962. It wasn't until the year 2000 Bill Clinton signed a bill to authorize the sale of "humanitarian" U.S. products to Cuba.Don't know why you put the Hems-Burton Act in. It only helps my argument.
Also compensation was offered to America for their businesses but they refused. The US also tried to tell other foreign businesses to refuse. Something your little history teacher forgot to tell you. The US had already dropped many bombs on Cuban by now and the CIA had already made plans to take Castro down. Castro knew this back in October 1961.

-----
Insert

Trading with the Enemy Act 1917 ~ United States Code: Title 50a,ACT OCT. 6, 1917, CH. 106, 40 STAT. 411 | LII / Legal Information Institute
38. Shipment of relief supplies; definitions ~ United States Code: Title 50a,38. Shipment of relief supplies; definitions | LII / Legal Information Institute

(a) Notwithstanding any other provision of this Act [sections 1 to 6, 7 to 39, and 41 to 44 of this Appendix], it shall be lawful, at any time after the date of cessation of hostilities with any country with which the United States is at war, for any person in the United States to donate, or otherwise dispose of to, and to transport or deliver to, any person in such country any article or articles (including food, clothing, and medicine) intended to be used solely to relieve human suffering.

(b) As used in this section—
(1) the term “person” means any individual, partnership, association, company, or other unincorporated body of individuals, or corporation or body politic;
(2) with respect to any country with which the United States was at war on January 1, 1946, the term “date of cessation of hostilities” shall mean the date of enactment of this Act [May 16, 1946];
(3) with respect to any other war the term “date of cessation of hostilities” shall mean the date specified by proclamation of the President or by a concurrent resolution of the two Houses of Congress whichever is the earlier.​
-----The wording uses the phrase"solely" which the American deemed many ingredients and medicine as dual purpose. Thus restricting certain medicines. You also ignored the part where America ramped up the prices. It's not a donation if you are charging them.

Related: H.R. 5323 - 102nd Congress (1991-1992) ~ H.R.5323 - 102nd Congress (1991-1992): Cuban Democracy Act of 1992

"Prohibits restrictions on the export to Cuba of medicines
, subject to specified conditions and inspection requirements. Permits telecommunications services between the United States and Cuba. Requires the U.S. Postal Service to provide direct mail service to and from Cuba. Authorizes the President to provide assistance to promote nonviolent democratic change in Cuba."

-----

RE: Executive order 12854 1993
31 CFR Part 515 - CUBAN ASSETS CONTROL REGULATIONS ~ 31 CFR Part 515 - CUBAN ASSETS CONTROL REGULATIONS
31 CFR 515.206 - Exempt transactions. ~ 31 CFR 515.206 - Exempt transactions.

(b) Donation of food. The prohibitions contained in this part do not apply to transactions incident to the donation of food to nongovernmental organizations or individuals in Cuba.
Again, the wording " subject to specified conditions and inspection requirements" It was a smokescreen. Yes some food and some medicine made it in but the US government made it extremely hard and costly. Even the American Association for World Health recognized this. Read the first paragraph.
http://www.medicc.org/resources/documents/embargo/The impact of the U.S. Embargo on Health & Nutrition in Cuba.pdf

After Cuba shot down two unarmed Brothers to the Rescue planes in 1996, killing three Americans and a U.S. resident, a bi-partisan coalition in the United States Congress approved the Helms-Burton Act. "The Title III of this law also states that any non-U.S. company that "knowingly trafficks in property in Cuba confiscated without compensation from a U.S. person" can be subjected to litigation and that company's leadership can be barred from entry into the United States. Sanctions may also be applied to non-U.S. companies trading with Cuba. This restriction also applies to maritime shipping, as ships docking at Cuban ports are not allowed to dock at U.S. ports for six months. It's important to note that this title includes waiver authority, so that the President might suspend its application. This waiver must be renewed every six months and traditionally it has been."

----
Insert

The Helms-Burton Act of 1996 ~ https://web.archive.org/web/2000081...ent.uk/commons/lib/research/rp98/rp98-114.pdf

"In 1996 the shooting down of two US planes by the Cuban military accelerated the adoption by Washington of the Cuban Liberty and Democratic Solidarity (Libertad) Act of 1996, also known as the “Helms-Burton Act”. This extended the territorial application of the existing embargo to apply to foreign companies trading with Cuba, and penalized foreign companies allegedly “trafficking” in property formerly owned by US citizens but expropriated by Cuba after the 1959 revolution.
Again, this does not help you. It strengthens my argument. You have to remember. Before Castro Nationalized foreign businesses in Cuba this is what the US was doing and Castro knew it. The people of the US did not know this.

JAN 1960: The CIA sets up a Task Force WH-4, Branch 4 of the Western Hemisphere Division to implement President Eisenhower's request for an ambitious covert program to overthrow the Castro government. Jacob Esterline, Guatemala station chief between 1954-1957, is put in charge of WH-4. (Wyden, pp.2-?29; Gleijeses, p.3; Taylor Report, pp.3-4)

JAN 12, 1960: Throughout the month of January, sabotage and small bombing missions in Cuba increase in frequency. A plane drops incendiary bombs in the areas of Bainoa, Caraballo, and San Antonio de Rio Blanco. Another plane coming from the north, with U.S. markings, drops inflammable material on cane fields next to the Hershey factory. (Informe Especial. 1960)

JAN 18, 1960: A plane drops live phosphorous over the cane plantations of Quemados de Guines and Rancho Veloz, in Las Villas. Seven people are detained in Sagua la Grande for trying to derail the Sagua?Havana train. (Informe Especial: 1960)

JAN 21, 1960: A plane drops four one-hundred pound bombs on the urban district of Cojimar y Regla in Havana. (Informe Especial: 1960)

JAN 28, 1960: At four in the afternoon in the town of Chambas on the north coast, a Catalina plane drops incendiary bombs that fail to go off. The bombs have the inscription "Bristo Marines." Another plane drops incendiary bombs on the cane fields in the refineries of Adelaida, Violeta, Patria, Punta Alegre, and Morón, in Camaguey; and Monati, Delicias, and Chapana, in Oriente. The incendiary devices dropped on the central Adelaide almost totally destroy 40 million "arrobas" ["arroba" = 25 pounds] of cane. (Informe Especial: 1960)

JAN 29-31, 1960: A plane drops incendiary phosphorous bombs on 10 districts in the area of the Chapana refinery. Other bombing attacks take place on cane plantations in San Isidro and on houses in the Central Toledo in Havana. More than one?hundred thousand "arrobas" of cane are burned in Alacranes and Jovellanos in the province of Matanzas. (Informe Especial: 1960)

FEB 1960: The Movimiento de Recuperación Revolucionaria - MRR - releases its "Ideario" of basic points. In the preamble, Manuel Artíme writes that MRR has been formed "not only to overthrow Fidel Castro, but to permanently fight for an ideology of Christ; and for a reality of liberating our nation treacherously sold to the Communist International." Luis Boza prepares the document. ("Ideario: Puntos Basicos.")

FEB 1-13, 1960: Planes drop bombs burning more than 17,000 arrobas of cane in Trinidad; and other bombing attacks take place in Punta Alegre, Camaguey province, against the Adelaide refinery, and in the central España. (Informe Especial: 1960)

FEB 18, 1960: A plane trying to bomb the central España, Matanzas province, explodes in mid-air. The pilot is identified as Robert Ellis Frost, an American who carries a U.S. military identification card. (Informe Especial: 1960)

FEB 21, 1960: Police detain a group of internal resistance forces that try to throw hand grenades at the Havana carnival. (Informe Especial: 1960)

FEB 22-25, 1960: A bi-motor B-25 plane takes part in burning cane fields in Las Villas. Simultaneous incursions by planes occur in Las Villas and Matanzas provinces. Counterrevolutionary groups burn 243,000 arrobas of cane in areas of Camaguey and Matanzas; and destroy 166,000 arrobas of cane in the district of La Papilla in Las Villas. (Informe Especial: 1960)

MAR 1960: The CIA begins training 300 guerrillas, initially in the U.S. and the Canal Zone. Following an agreement with President Ydígoras in June, training shifts to Guatemala. The CIA begins work to install a powerful radio station on Greater Swan Island, ninety?seven miles off the coast of Honduras.

MAR 4-5, 1960: Sabotage of a French ship, La Coubre, in Havana harbor, carrying arms for Cuba, kills about 100 people and wounds some 300. The following day at funerals for the victims Fidel Castro accuses the United States of responsibility for the action.

Forum List

Back