CRT opposition based on political expediency not actual factual history

We did keep slavery as an institution after the rest of the "civilized world" did not. The South has the whole Lost Cause bs that is nothing but an attempt to say slavery was overall a good thing. It was not and nothing about slavery is good.
Slavery exists all over the globe, again, your inconvenient truths are hysterical to say the least. We were the first country to eliminate slavery. Well, that form of slavery. We are all slaves today. And irish were slaves, and Slovakians were slaves, all white. So, if you wish to speak about a subject know it. BTW, did you see what happened to the jews? probably dipped your head in the sand.

I want to discuss an issue that came up in a different thread. I think it is worth a thread of its own.

On the current events board, there is a thread about a book in which it is claimed that trump praised Hitler as having done good things.

I was a bit shocked to read many board members agreeing with this and it got me thinking about the teaching,or proposed teaching, of CRT in American schools.

I have no wish to go into the boring detail of CRT but my understanding is that it is a revisionist view of American history that shows a darker view of America than most people grew up with.

It has caused a great deal of upset amongst people who are actually quite happy with their history just the way it is. But that is a political stance and not one that takes account of actual history. And that seems to be the same attitude that I see when it comes to judging Hitler.

It means that CRT will not be judged through any historical or academic perspective. It will be judged purely on its perceived political stance and its possible impact on the youngsters who are taught it.

There is a fear that kids will grow to hate their country and for that reason the truth must be suppressed. But this is covered up in ignorant bluster because to admit that would be admitting that the US should come clean on its history.

Surely honesty is the best policy ? There isnt a country on earth that has not got some episodes that they would rather not discuss. I know all about that. People who can find the good in Hitler should not dictate the education of the kids.

Teachers' union president says CRT is NOT being taught in schools
It's fun asking them what part of CRT they object to and to link it for us to show what's bad about it.
I think its hilarious how you goons try to act like other people dont know, when you yourselves dont know shit about it. The media says its good, and you repeat it.
You cultists fool no one.
All Bodecia know about the entire world is what team she is on.

Why should she ever strain her tiny little brain by thinking when others are doing it for her and telling her what to say?
I dunno. I don't have any problem with someone asking me what I don't like about CRT or 1619. I'm not totally clear on the difference between the two, btw.
Obviously.
CRT is not teaching history. CRT seeks to examine and address inequality and racism in our system. That’s it.

While some of the history of the 1619 project is flawed, there is nothing wrong with the idea and the premise…that American history started before 1776 and that African Americans contributed more blood, sweat and tears than our whitewashed (pun intended) history portrayed.
If you are suggesting that the CRT program includes NOTHING MORE than a factual
rendition of USA history------you are deluded.
No, that isn’t what I was implying. Actually I wasn’t implying anything. I was stating a fact that CRT is not a history course. I was pointing out that CRT and the 1618 project have nothing to do with each other.

So why is Political indoctrination being forced into the schools?
Political indoctrination has been in public schools since the 1890s. Schools expanded to facilitate getting children of immigrants in on the notions of meritocracy and capitalism.
The social elite in many cities in the 1890s led the reform movement. Their goal was to permanently end political party control of the local schools for the benefit of patronage jobs and construction contracts, which had arisen out of ward politics that absorbed and taught the millions of new immigrants. New York City elite led progressive reforms. Reformers installed a bureaucratic system run by experts, and demanded expertise from prospective teachers. The reforms opened the way for hiring more Irish Catholic and Jewish teachers, who proved adept at handling the civil service tests and gaining the necessary academic credentials. Before the reforms, schools had often been used as a means to provide patronage jobs for party foot soldiers. The new emphasis concentrated on broadening opportunities for the students. New programs were established for the physically handicapped; evening recreation centers were set up; vocational schools were opened; medical inspections became routine; programs began to teach English as a second language; and school libraries were opened.[91] New teaching strategies were developed, such as the shifting the focus of secondary education towards speaking and writing, as outlined by the Hosic Report in 1917.[92]

Dewey and progressive education[edit]​

The leading educational theorist of the era was John Dewey (1859–1952), a philosophy professor at the University of Chicago (1894–1904) and at Teachers College (1904 to 1930), of Columbia University in New York City.[93] Dewey was a leading proponent of "Progressive Education" and wrote many books and articles to promote the central role of democracy in education.[94] He believed that schools were not only a place for students to gain content knowledge, but also as a place for them to learn how to live. The purpose of education was thus to realize the student's full potential and the ability to use those skills for the greater good.

There is no debate that we have not taught what blacks contributed in colonial times or to the revolution. Or of native americans and people of mexican descent in the SE. And we did that to teach the social structure of the United States.
What we need/needed/will need is no indoctrination. Children dont need your opinion. They need facts and basic skills.
Every PTA wants to control indoctrination. "Capitalism and democracy good, communism bad"
Yet the very reverse has come to be the norm across the land.
No it hasn't. What you see in media is "man bites dog." I worry that schools won't be allowed to correct the facts of what we teach to show things like how Mexican Americans had their land stolen or how places like LA, Chi and NYC institutionalized racism in economic opportunity but made sure whites had access to all immoral activity "across the tracks."

Those Mexican Americans you speak of were mostly Spanish descendants. You might have heard of the Conquistadors. The Spanish have always been the elite through much of Central and South America and conquerors first and foremost.

You are just too funny.

No it hasn't. What you see in media is "man bites dog." I worry that schools won't be allowed to correct the facts of what we teach to show things like how Mexican Americans had their land stolen or how places like LA, Chi and NYC institutionalized racism in economic opportunity but made sure whites had access to all immoral activity "across the tracks."
me personally would like school vouchers, bust the unions, end the plantations that you say don't exist, hilarious.

I want to discuss an issue that came up in a different thread. I think it is worth a thread of its own.

On the current events board, there is a thread about a book in which it is claimed that trump praised Hitler as having done good things.

I was a bit shocked to read many board members agreeing with this and it got me thinking about the teaching,or proposed teaching, of CRT in American schools.

I have no wish to go into the boring detail of CRT but my understanding is that it is a revisionist view of American history that shows a darker view of America than most people grew up with.

It has caused a great deal of upset amongst people who are actually quite happy with their history just the way it is. But that is a political stance and not one that takes account of actual history. And that seems to be the same attitude that I see when it comes to judging Hitler.

It means that CRT will not be judged through any historical or academic perspective. It will be judged purely on its perceived political stance and its possible impact on the youngsters who are taught it.

There is a fear that kids will grow to hate their country and for that reason the truth must be suppressed. But this is covered up in ignorant bluster because to admit that would be admitting that the US should come clean on its history.

Surely honesty is the best policy ? There isnt a country on earth that has not got some episodes that they would rather not discuss. I know all about that. People who can find the good in Hitler should not dictate the education of the kids.

It's fun asking them what part of CRT they object to and to link it for us to show what's bad about it.
I think its hilarious how you goons try to act like other people dont know, when you yourselves dont know shit about it. The media says its good, and you repeat it.

Why should she ever strain her tiny little brain by thinking when others are doing it for her and telling her what to say?
I dunno. I don't have any problem with someone asking me what I don't like about CRT or 1619. I'm not totally clear on the difference between the two, btw.
Obviously.
CRT is not teaching history. CRT seeks to examine and address inequality and racism in our system. That’s it.

While some of the history of the 1619 project is flawed, there is nothing wrong with the idea and the premise…that American history started before 1776 and that African Americans contributed more blood, sweat and tears than our whitewashed (pun intended) history portrayed.
No, that isn’t what I was implying. Actually I wasn’t implying anything. I was stating a fact that CRT is not a history course. I was pointing out that CRT and the 1618 project have nothing to do with each other.

So why is Political indoctrination being forced into the schools?
Political indoctrination has been in public schools since the 1890s. Schools expanded to facilitate getting children of immigrants in on the notions of meritocracy and capitalism.
The social elite in many cities in the 1890s led the reform movement. Their goal was to permanently end political party control of the local schools for the benefit of patronage jobs and construction contracts, which had arisen out of ward politics that absorbed and taught the millions of new immigrants. New York City elite led progressive reforms. Reformers installed a bureaucratic system run by experts, and demanded expertise from prospective teachers. The reforms opened the way for hiring more Irish Catholic and Jewish teachers, who proved adept at handling the civil service tests and gaining the necessary academic credentials. Before the reforms, schools had often been used as a means to provide patronage jobs for party foot soldiers. The new emphasis concentrated on broadening opportunities for the students. New programs were established for the physically handicapped; evening recreation centers were set up; vocational schools were opened; medical inspections became routine; programs began to teach English as a second language; and school libraries were opened.[91] New teaching strategies were developed, such as the shifting the focus of secondary education towards speaking and writing, as outlined by the Hosic Report in 1917.[92]

Dewey and progressive education[edit]​

The leading educational theorist of the era was John Dewey (1859–1952), a philosophy professor at the University of Chicago (1894–1904) and at Teachers College (1904 to 1930), of Columbia University in New York City.[93] Dewey was a leading proponent of "Progressive Education" and wrote many books and articles to promote the central role of democracy in education.[94] He believed that schools were not only a place for students to gain content knowledge, but also as a place for them to learn how to live. The purpose of education was thus to realize the student's full potential and the ability to use those skills for the greater good.

There is no debate that we have not taught what blacks contributed in colonial times or to the revolution. Or of native americans and people of mexican descent in the SE. And we did that to teach the social structure of the United States.
What we need/needed/will need is no indoctrination. Children dont need your opinion. They need facts and basic skills.
Every PTA wants to control indoctrination. "Capitalism and democracy good, communism bad"
Yet the very reverse has come to be the norm across the land.

Those Mexican Americans you speak of were mostly Spanish descendants. You might have heard of the Conquistadors. The Spanish have always been the elite through much of Central and South America and conquerors first and foremost.

You are just too funny.

he thinks he knows stuff and then posts and we learn he doesn't.

Obviously.

CRT isn't teaching history, it examines our legal and governmental system for racial bias.

Take the Homestead Act in the 1800's where our government promised at least 40 acres to people that would move west and settle of former Indian land. Did it spread out the land equal?

Schools should be teaching 3rd graders the FACT that blacks commit murder at many times the rate of whites in this country.

Oh, you say "no"? You say that is inappropriate material to be introducing to 3rd graders even though it is a fact that blacks in this country commit so many violent acts as they do?

EXACTLY. That would be just as inappropriate as the racist indoctrination you favor

Take the Homestead Act in the 1800's where our government promised at least 40 acres to people that would move west and settle of former Indian land. Did it spread out the land equal?
you think blacks weren't involved in that? come on man, grow a pair of balls already

CRT is not about history. It is indoctrination.
From what I have seen, actual history is very insignificant.
Can you give an example of your assertion. Because you maga fuckups in TN don't need to hear Rudy bridges story because your white feelings might get hurt.

Right.
I posted videos that go through in detail how its not history and is indoctrination with proof,,
The videos that you posted are propaganda. Produced by people with no understanding of CRT.
You got the understanding of CRT ? If you think you've got it all down then kindly share your expertise with the board. Tell us all those true and wonderful irrefutable facts about CRT. We "maga fuckups in TN" are just waiting on the edge of our seats for your pronouncement.
Critical race theory is an academic concept that is more than 40 years old. The core idea is that race is a social construct, and that racism is not merely the product of individual bias or prejudice, but also something embedded in legal systems and policies.

The basic tenets of critical race theory, or CRT, emerged out of a framework for legal analysis in the late 1970s and early 1980s created by legal scholars Derrick Bell, Kimberlé Crenshaw, and Richard Delgado, among others.

A good example is when, in the 1930s, government officials literally drew lines around areas deemed poor financial risks, often explicitly due to the racial composition of inhabitants. Banks subsequently refused to offer mortgages to Black people in those areas. Or federal drug policy of the 1980 on cocaine/crack between white and black people.

Can you TN maga fuckups understand that?

you think blacks weren't involved in that? come on man, grow a pair of balls already
Can you prove that the land was equally handed out or not?

can you prove it wasn't? you made a claim, back it up.

We did keep slavery as an institution after the rest of the "civilized world" did not. The South has the whole Lost Cause bs that is nothing but an attempt to say slavery was overall a good thing. It was not and nothing about slavery is good.
Slavery exists all over the globe, again, your inconvenient truths are hysterical to say the least. We were the first country to eliminate slavery. Well, that form of slavery. We are all slaves today. And irish were slaves, and Slovakians were slaves, all white. So, if you wish to speak about a subject know it. BTW, did you see what happened to the jews? probably dipped your head in the sand.
my hysteria? You're excusing slavery. GTFO LOL

CRT is not about history. It is indoctrination.
From what I have seen, actual history is very insignificant.
What part of CRT is the indoctrination you don't like? LInk it for us and explain why you don't like it.
How about how it teaches there is no individual? Or how racism is literally everywhere?
It was made by fucking commies and instills marxism in the youth.
Im sure that doesnt matter to you, though. As you are just as authoritarian as the commies. Deep down you probably ARE a commie.
None of what you post on CRT is a fact, its just white bullshit.
Are you black?

CRT is stems from Marxist-based ideology, teaches kids to hate each other, and teaches them to hate their country. It teaches 'racism' is at the core of EVERYTHING, strips 'individuals' and replaces if with inclusive generalization. It teaches children / people to hate each other, to hate themselves, and to hate their country. Inevitably it teaches the US, since everything about it is based on racism, should be wiped out - Constitution, Rule of law, & it all - and rebuilt. (That's called 'overthrowing the govt').

It teaches that all whites are 'evil racists', whether they know it or not.

It also teaches kids their parents are 'evil':

CRT taught this little girl that her white mother (interracial marriage) was evil, and her ather unladed on the school teaching her this crap.

Liberals have lost their damn minds...or either they are in control of their faculties and are just carrying out their agenda:

Indoctrinating K-12, college students, college kids, and military with CRT.
Teachers attempting to show 1st graders porn (illegal) to teach them how to 'assess pornography' (WTF?!)
Do tell, where in CRT can I find references to Marx? Where can we find that evil that makes white people feel bad and unhappy that our history of racism gets told.
You don't have to mention Marx to teach Marxism, just as you don't have to mention Adam Smith to teach capitalism.

No he isn't, douchebag.

it existed, it exists. It exists on plantation in Demofk cities, why do you think we should eliminate its history?

it existed, it exists. It exists on plantation in Demofk cities, why do you think we should eliminate its history?
Well, I guess you find some validation for your position in what "uncivilized" nations did and still do.

Can you prove that it wasn't, you spit it out there, back it up.

My research show it was well intended and it never really was implemented after Lincoln was assassinated, however no one should take your word for.

Last edited:

Obviously.

CRT isn't teaching history, it examines our legal and governmental system for racial bias.

If they didn't refuse to allow blacks to participate, then it wasn't racist. Furthermore, the Homestead act was adopted before the Civil War.

can you prove it wasn't? you made a claim, back it up.
We all know the old history, but it's still worth reminding ourselves of its scale and scope. Affirmative action in the American "workplace" first began in the late 17th century when European indentured servants - the original source of unfree labor on the new tobacco plantations of Virginia and Maryland - were replaced by African slaves. In exchange for their support and their policing of the growing slave population, lower-class Europeans won new rights, entitlements, and opportunities from the planter elite.

White Americans were also given a head start with the help of the U.S. Army. The 1830 Indian Removal Act, for example, forcibly relocated Cherokee, Creeks and other eastern Indians to west of the Mississippi River to make room for white settlers. The 1862 Homestead Act followed suit, giving away millions of acres - for free - of what had been Indian Territory west of the Mississippi. Ultimately, 270 million acres, or 10% of the total land area of the United States, was converted to private hands, overwhelmingly white, under Homestead Act provisions.

Combined with the claimants of the original Homestead Act, then, more than 1.6 million white families – both native-born and immigrant – succeeded in becoming landowners during the next several decades. Conversely, only 4,000 to 5,500 African-American claimants ever received final land patents from the SHA.

CRT is stems from Marxist-based ideology, teaches kids to hate each other, and teaches them to hate their country. It teaches 'racism' is at the core of EVERYTHING, strips 'individuals' and replaces if with inclusive generalization. It teaches children / people to hate each other, to hate themselves, and to hate their country. Inevitably it teaches the US, since everything about it is based on racism, should be wiped out - Constitution, Rule of law, & it all - and rebuilt. (That's called 'overthrowing the govt').

It teaches that all whites are 'evil racists', whether they know it or not.

It also teaches kids their parents are 'evil':

CRT taught this little girl that her white mother (interracial marriage) was evil, and her ather unladed on the school teaching her this crap.

Liberals have lost their damn minds...or either they are in control of their faculties and are just carrying out their agenda:

Indoctrinating K-12, college students, college kids, and military with CRT.
Teachers attempting to show 1st graders porn (illegal) to teach them how to 'assess pornography' (WTF?!)
Do tell, where in CRT can I find references to Marx? Where can we find that evil that makes white people feel bad and unhappy that our history of racism gets told.
You don't have to mention Marx to teach Marxism, just as you don't have to mention Adam Smith to teach capitalism.
We don't have adam smith's capitalism.

Forum List

Back