CRT opposition based on political expediency not actual factual history

But they share the same racist source material.
Whites absolutely evil, blacks doomed to victim-hood forever.
Do you feel evil?

Was the racism that African-American people evil? Or just an inconvenience for white people? Something that we can't teach in our history as it makes YOU feel bad.

Do you feel evil?

Was the racism that African-American people evil? Or just an inconvenience for white people? Something that we can't teach in our history as it makes YOU feel bad.
If racism is evil, then how is that racism not evil? If racism isn't evil, then what are you whining about?

Apparently you believe racism against black people was just inconvenient for them.

You're such an indefatigable douchebag.

White independence from white Britain? WTF are you talking about?

Yeah, all of those white people coming across the Atlantic to get away from.. all of those white people in Britain.

But CRT says America was founded because of some white supremacy notion. Why would it be necessary? If any of these people opens a history book, the reasons for America's founding is well documented.

However, they don't open it, and just say it's all "White supremacy"...

If racism is evil, then how is that racism not evil? If racism isn't evil, then what are you whining about?

Apparently you believe racism against black people was just inconvenient for them.

You're such an indefatigable douchebag.
Was the racism that African-American people experienced in America evil? Or was that racism inconveniencing for white people in their efforts to keep African-American people down? Is it something that currently we can't teach in our history classes because it makes YOU feel bad.

Was the racism that African-American people experienced in America evil? Or was that racism inconveniencing for white people in their efforts to keep African-American people down? Is it something that currently we can't teach in our history classes because it makes YOU feel bad.
You just said you believe racism is only an "inconvenience," shit for brains.

Make up your mind: is racism evil or not? Or is only one kind of racism evil?

You are so incredibly stupid.

You just said you believe racism is only an "inconvenience," shit for brains.

Make up your mind: is racism evil or not? Or is only one kind of racism evil?

You are so incredibly stupid.
The thread was specifically about CRT being racist. I asked you the questions about our history regarding it. So seem to want to deflect because racism is unacceptable.

You want to forget our horrible history regarding it by claiming other races of people can be racist. Is that what an exceptional nation does?

The thread was specifically about CRT being racist. I asked you the questions about our history regarding it. So seem to want to deflect because racism is unacceptable.

You want to forget our horrible history regarding it by claiming other races of people can be racist. Is that what an exceptional nation does?
Just answer the question: is racism evil or an "inconvenience?"

But you said it was just an inconvenience when white people are the victims.
I posted no such statement. I posted that racism was inconvenient for whites because they had to keep reinforcing it. Like now, when we can’t acknowledge it because it hurts some white peoples asses.

I posted no such statement. I posted that racism was inconvenient for whites because they had to keep reinforcing it. Like now, when we can’t acknowledge it because it hurts some white peoples asses.
Right. Just as I said.

Why should anyone "acknowledge" that they are racist when they don't have a racist bone in their bodies?

Joe Biden's schools.....look at this bullshit group....

I want to discuss an issue that came up in a different thread. I think it is worth a thread of its own.

On the current events board, there is a thread about a book in which it is claimed that trump praised Hitler as having done good things.

I was a bit shocked to read many board members agreeing with this and it got me thinking about the teaching,or proposed teaching, of CRT in American schools.

I have no wish to go into the boring detail of CRT but my understanding is that it is a revisionist view of American history that shows a darker view of America than most people grew up with.

It has caused a great deal of upset amongst people who are actually quite happy with their history just the way it is. But that is a political stance and not one that takes account of actual history. And that seems to be the same attitude that I see when it comes to judging Hitler.

It means that CRT will not be judged through any historical or academic perspective. It will be judged purely on its perceived political stance and its possible impact on the youngsters who are taught it.

There is a fear that kids will grow to hate their country and for that reason the truth must be suppressed. But this is covered up in ignorant bluster because to admit that would be admitting that the US should come clean on its history.

Surely honesty is the best policy ? There isnt a country on earth that has not got some episodes that they would rather not discuss. I know all about that. People who can find the good in Hitler should not dictate the education of the kids.

Teachers' union president says CRT is NOT being taught in schools
CRT is all about calling Whites racists, and how racist the US has been all along. That's it, that's all.

No, in earlier times, Blacks and Asians WERE inferior. It wasn't racism, it was how it was back then.
It doesn't matter if these or those people were "inferior," however you define that. They are and were all still deserving of human rights.

Yeah, because no other country ever abused human rights.

What a buffoon.

It doesn't matter if these or those people were "inferior," however you define that. They are and were all still deserving of human rights.
It's how things were back then, you can't view that era be today's standards, that's ludicrous and woke. Blacks in Africa had Black slaves too, were they racist as well?

Forum List

Back