CRT opposition based on political expediency not actual factual history

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras
I want to discuss an issue that came up in a different thread. I think it is worth a thread of its own.

On the current events board, there is a thread about a book in which it is claimed that trump praised Hitler as having done good things.

I was a bit shocked to read many board members agreeing with this and it got me thinking about the teaching,or proposed teaching, of CRT in American schools.

I have no wish to go into the boring detail of CRT but my understanding is that it is a revisionist view of American history that shows a darker view of America than most people grew up with.

It has caused a great deal of upset amongst people who are actually quite happy with their history just the way it is. But that is a political stance and not one that takes account of actual history. And that seems to be the same attitude that I see when it comes to judging Hitler.

It means that CRT will not be judged through any historical or academic perspective. It will be judged purely on its perceived political stance and its possible impact on the youngsters who are taught it.

There is a fear that kids will grow to hate their country and for that reason the truth must be suppressed. But this is covered up in ignorant bluster because to admit that would be admitting that the US should come clean on its history.

Surely honesty is the best policy ? There isnt a country on earth that has not got some episodes that they would rather not discuss. I know all about that. People who can find the good in Hitler should not dictate the education of the kids.

Teachers' union president says CRT is NOT being taught in schools

You have no desire to get into the boring details of CRT, but you think you understand things about it, and you want to comment on it and draw stupid conclusions. I read the seminal (and I mean that in every sense) CRT book by Delgado, Critical Race Theory: An Introduction. It's a bunch of divisive Marxist crap thinly disguised as some pseudo-intellectual crap.

I want to discuss an issue that came up in a different thread. I think it is worth a thread of its own.

On the current events board, there is a thread about a book in which it is claimed that trump praised Hitler as having done good things.

I was a bit shocked to read many board members agreeing with this and it got me thinking about the teaching,or proposed teaching, of CRT in American schools.

I have no wish to go into the boring detail of CRT but my understanding is that it is a revisionist view of American history that shows a darker view of America than most people grew up with.

It has caused a great deal of upset amongst people who are actually quite happy with their history just the way it is. But that is a political stance and not one that takes account of actual history. And that seems to be the same attitude that I see when it comes to judging Hitler.

It means that CRT will not be judged through any historical or academic perspective. It will be judged purely on its perceived political stance and its possible impact on the youngsters who are taught it.

There is a fear that kids will grow to hate their country and for that reason the truth must be suppressed. But this is covered up in ignorant bluster because to admit that would be admitting that the US should come clean on its history.

Surely honesty is the best policy ? There isnt a country on earth that has not got some episodes that they would rather not discuss. I know all about that. People who can find the good in Hitler should not dictate the education of the kids.

Opposition is there because right wing media is reporting on it.

Your understanding is incorrect.

Sorry but /thread for invalid premise.

sorry tommi you have that exactly backwards,,

Tammy. Why are you so worried about our history.

You crooked rotten teethed SOBs got some of the worst history imaginable you dumb mother fucker.

It's fun asking them what part of CRT they object to and to link it for us to show what's bad about it.

It's fun asking them what part of CRT they object to and to link it for us to show what's bad about it.
I think its hilarious how you goons try to act like other people dont know, when you yourselves dont know shit about it. The media says its good, and you repeat it.
You cultists fool no one.

Opposition is there because right wing media is reporting on it.
How dare the media expose exactly what a load of crap CRT is. You clowns have to operate in the dark because your ideas are so radical and full of shit. Shining the light of day on you isn't a good thing, is it?

CRT is hate and racism, not history.
The Radicals and Racist are attempting to brainwash children to grow their political power.
We have seen this many times before like with Hamas, Taliban, ISIS, Nazis, Marxist....
This must be stopped before they destroy our country.

CRT is not about history. It is indoctrination.
From what I have seen, actual history is very insignificant.
What part of CRT is the indoctrination you don't like? LInk it for us and explain why you don't like it.
How about how it teaches there is no individual? Or how racism is literally everywhere?
It was made by fucking commies and instills marxism in the youth.
Im sure that doesnt matter to you, though. As you are just as authoritarian as the commies. Deep down you probably ARE a commie.

Yeah but it's the one-sided view of history, that's the problem.

I've no issues with teaching kids about bad parts of history that their country might have been involved in and that things like the slave trade, the holocaust, treatment of Native American's was wrong but these same folk that push that side of things so keenly also refuse point-blank to teach the good historical stuff too to maintain that healthy balance of pride but knowing what's right/wrong and not making the same mistakes as in the history lessons.

The hard-left bang on about the British Empire and love to run it down, but they never seem to want to mention bringing democracy, infrastructure, trade/commerce, transport links, shipping networks, medicine to these same countries that we allegedly pillaged and butchered.

The one-sided views of history is just one element of CRT that's abhorrent - there's also the question of white guilt and teaching kids that they are bad people or inferior morally because they have the audacity to be born white. That's racist - and cruel.

That's why the lunatics are evil and have no sense of perspective, balance or can be considered rational people. Ever.

I think its hilarious how you goons try to act like other people dont know, when you yourselves dont know shit about it. The media says its good, and you repeat it.
Useful idiots.

Useful idiots.
yuuuup

CRT is hate and racism, not history.
The Radicals and Racist are attempting to brainwash children to grow their political power.
We have seen this many times before like with Hamas, Taliban, ISIS, Nazis, Marxist....
This must be stopped before they destroy our country.
Which part of it ? Quote from the text that is supposedly being taught to the kids.

CRT is not about history. It is indoctrination.
From what I have seen, actual history is very insignificant.
What part of CRT is the indoctrination you don't like? LInk it for us and explain why you don't like it.
How about how it teaches there is no individual? Or how racism is literally everywhere?
It was made by fucking commies and instills marxism in the youth.
Im sure that doesnt matter to you, though. As you are just as authoritarian as the commies. Deep down you probably ARE a commie.
Link ?

Forum List

Back