CRT opposition based on political expediency not actual factual history

I want to discuss an issue that came up in a different thread. I think it is worth a thread of its own.

On the current events board, there is a thread about a book in which it is claimed that trump praised Hitler as having done good things.

I was a bit shocked to read many board members agreeing with this and it got me thinking about the teaching,or proposed teaching, of CRT in American schools.

I have no wish to go into the boring detail of CRT but my understanding is that it is a revisionist view of American history that shows a darker view of America than most people grew up with.

It has caused a great deal of upset amongst people who are actually quite happy with their history just the way it is. But that is a political stance and not one that takes account of actual history. And that seems to be the same attitude that I see when it comes to judging Hitler.

It means that CRT will not be judged through any historical or academic perspective. It will be judged purely on its perceived political stance and its possible impact on the youngsters who are taught it.

There is a fear that kids will grow to hate their country and for that reason the truth must be suppressed. But this is covered up in ignorant bluster because to admit that would be admitting that the US should come clean on its history.

Surely honesty is the best policy ? There isnt a country on earth that has not got some episodes that they would rather not discuss. I know all about that. People who can find the good in Hitler should not dictate the education of the kids.

Teachers' union president says CRT is NOT being taught in schools

^^^ Projecting Prog Projectors Gonna Project Proggily ^^^

Well I like that you've made your view more consistent than your average democratic politician.

But I still think it's happening

Teachers seem to disagree with you.
Teachers don't disagree with me. The fact it that CRT is not being taught in schools K-12.

Of course it was important. The south is still poor because of it. They should ahve just turned you into indentured servants like the whites that seems the much more rational strategy for the time.

As soon as you industrialize slavery becomes obsolete. No one has sustained true chattel slavery into anything approaching a developed economy. Just doesn't work.

Saying it's important is not the same as saying that's why we fought the Revolutionary War. That's not even shifting the goal posts that's just talking past me. And the claims in the 1619 project

Slavery is center stage in Southern history. American history....? Nah

We should be telling stories about slave uprisings and good Americans dying. Or that guy Du Bois talked down from starting a suicidal revolution. People who align with the values other Americans espouse. Not some delusional shit. Put the leader of the first slave revolt next to john adams, seems so much more appropriate than George fucking floyd and delusions of grandeur.
Slavery was in the north too. We need to talk about the complete truth of this country, not selected crap to continue the white delusions of grandeur.

Slavery was in the north too. We need to talk about the complete truth of this country, not selected crap to continue the white delusions of grandeur.

Yes a little bit, especially in the beginning

But by time the revolutionary war breaks out it was not

The founding fathers in the north for the most part did not own slaves. Some of them again strict abolitionists. And the war broke out in a place with no slaves.

Teachers don't disagree with me. The fact it that CRT is not being taught in schools K-12.

They seem oddly worried about defending teachers teaching in their words "CRT" for that to be true

While I again acknowledge this is more rational than your average democrat.

I still don't think that line is going to work when teachers say the opposite.

In your school maybe they aren't, but see below substantiation.....

Educators say critical race theory is being taught in K-12 schools​

When we tell you critical race theory isn’t taught in our schools, we’re lying,” Mr. Kinnett said.
Critical race theory and parental involvement in education became key issues last week in Virginia’s elections, in which Republicans bested Democrats in several races. Former Gov. Terry McAuliffe, who lost his reelection bid to Republican Glenn Youngkin, had declared that critical race theory was not being taught in the state.

Of the top 25 k-12 private schools, the database found that seven had some form of mandatory anti-racism training for students and a staggering 20 of 25 schools had some sort of curricular requirement change based off of anti-racism, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI), or critical race theory.

The 1619 Project is not CRT. Yes it deals with race and slavery.

While The 1619 Project curriculum isn’t mandated, the content “can certainly be used during instruction,” Cuppett said in an email. Cuppett is not sure if any teachers have utilized the teachings.

The curriculum provides teachers with the full NYT Magazine issue and reading guides for the project’s essays and poems for free. The goal is to connect with students beyond the reach of the magazine, according to Mark Schulte, the Pulitzer Center’s Education Director — and in doing so, ignite student interest.

“American students are typically taught that slavery came and went, that it’s a relic of our past,” Schulte said in an email. “But The 1619 Project shows its pernicious repercussions.”
It’s clear as day CRT. You can’t just cite emails from randos saying otherwise that’s absurd.

Here’s a simple test, does 1619 state or claim that America was founded by white supremacist for white supremacist. I mean the fucking line “but it shows it’s pernicious repercussions is a dead give away

In your school maybe they aren't, but see below substantiation.....

Educators say critical race theory is being taught in K-12 schools​

When we tell you critical race theory isn’t taught in our schools, we’re lying,” Mr. Kinnett said.
Critical race theory and parental involvement in education became key issues last week in Virginia’s elections, in which Republicans bested Democrats in several races. Former Gov. Terry McAuliffe, who lost his reelection bid to Republican Glenn Youngkin, had declared that critical race theory was not being taught in the state.

Of the top 25 k-12 private schools, the database found that seven had some form of mandatory anti-racism training for students and a staggering 20 of 25 schools had some sort of curricular requirement change based off of anti-racism, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI), or critical race theory.
Anti racism is not CRT dumb ass and if you oppose teaching anti racism, apparently you want schools to teach racism.

It’s clear as day CRT. You can’t just cite emails from randos saying otherwise that’s absurd.

Here’s a simple test, does 1619 state or claim that America was founded by white supremacist for white supremacist. I mean the fucking line “but it shows it’s pernicious repercussions is a dead give away
The 1619 Project doesn't teach that, but that is what the founders believed. That's why the law made it so that only whites could be citizens.

The 1619 Project doesn't teach that, but that is what the founders believed. That's why the law made it so that only whites could be citizens.
Lol. In other words, “It doesn’t say that but after reading it I came to that conclusion.”

Lol. In other words, “It doesn’t say that but after reading it I came to that conclusion.”
You can "come to conclusions" after reading many things...usually by applying logic.

That concept scares the shit out of racists

• Love
Reactions: IM2
No. The fact that slavery was not ended immediately by the constitution says that.

I’m a minority, according to CRT I cannot be racist
You are afflicted with internalized racism. And CRT does not say anything about whether minorities can or cannot be racist.

Why do you racists claim that anything showing white racist acts causes racial division?

Are you so delusional not to understand that it is your racism that causes the division?
What is white racist?

45222075-9771221-Rufo_s_list_denotes_more_than_31_schools_and_school_districts_th-m-3_1625800848875.jpg

CRT is hate and racism, not history.
The Radicals and Racist are attempting to brainwash children to grow their political power.
We have seen this many times before like with Hamas, Taliban, ISIS, Nazis, Marxist....
This must be stopped before they destroy our country.

Got a mirror handy?

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2

Forum List

Back