CRT opposition based on political expediency not actual factual history

I want to discuss an issue that came up in a different thread. I think it is worth a thread of its own.

On the current events board, there is a thread about a book in which it is claimed that trump praised Hitler as having done good things.

I was a bit shocked to read many board members agreeing with this and it got me thinking about the teaching,or proposed teaching, of CRT in American schools.

I have no wish to go into the boring detail of CRT but my understanding is that it is a revisionist view of American history that shows a darker view of America than most people grew up with.

It has caused a great deal of upset amongst people who are actually quite happy with their history just the way it is. But that is a political stance and not one that takes account of actual history. And that seems to be the same attitude that I see when it comes to judging Hitler.

It means that CRT will not be judged through any historical or academic perspective. It will be judged purely on its perceived political stance and its possible impact on the youngsters who are taught it.

There is a fear that kids will grow to hate their country and for that reason the truth must be suppressed. But this is covered up in ignorant bluster because to admit that would be admitting that the US should come clean on its history.

Surely honesty is the best policy ? There isnt a country on earth that has not got some episodes that they would rather not discuss. I know all about that. People who can find the good in Hitler should not dictate the education of the kids.

Teachers' union president says CRT is NOT being taught in schools
We should teach about slavery. For example:

This is interesting as well: A look at Dahomey’s gory history of human sacrifices on a large scale

We should also teach about Native Americans:

Last edited:
We should teach about slavery. For example:

We should also teach about Native Americans:

I'm sure that balances the 200+ years of legal slavery in the US.

More history that shouldn't be ignored:

David Sassoon & Co. - Wikipedia.

I want to discuss an issue that came up in a different thread. I think it is worth a thread of its own.

On the current events board, there is a thread about a book in which it is claimed that trump praised Hitler as having done good things.

I was a bit shocked to read many board members agreeing with this and it got me thinking about the teaching,or proposed teaching, of CRT in American schools.

I have no wish to go into the boring detail of CRT but my understanding is that it is a revisionist view of American history that shows a darker view of America than most people grew up with.

It has caused a great deal of upset amongst people who are actually quite happy with their history just the way it is. But that is a political stance and not one that takes account of actual history. And that seems to be the same attitude that I see when it comes to judging Hitler.

It means that CRT will not be judged through any historical or academic perspective. It will be judged purely on its perceived political stance and its possible impact on the youngsters who are taught it.

There is a fear that kids will grow to hate their country and for that reason the truth must be suppressed. But this is covered up in ignorant bluster because to admit that would be admitting that the US should come clean on its history.

Surely honesty is the best policy ? There isnt a country on earth that has not got some episodes that they would rather not discuss. I know all about that. People who can find the good in Hitler should not dictate the education of the kids.

Teachers' union president says CRT is NOT being taught in schools

CRT is not accurate. You are full of shit.

CRT is not about history. It is indoctrination.
From what I have seen, actual history is very insignificant.
CRT is no more about history than Nazi anti Semitic propaganda was about anthropology.

Both CRT and Nazism are brainwashing programs that dehumanize racial and ethnic groups
and poison young minds before they have the facilities and decision making capabilities to
fight off hate speech and poisonous dogmatic teachings instilled in impressionable minds.

CRT says all whites are racist and all blacks are helpless victims. Look who defends it in our schools
to find out who is an enemy of this nation, and humanity in general.

People who can find the good in Hitler should not dictate the education of the kids.
I went all through the public education system in this nation and on to college.
How about you?

And I know for a fact Hitler AND our racist slave holding past were both seen as giant
moral failings and evil things. Slavery for us and Hitler for Germany and the world that allowed him
to rise to power and failed to oppose him.

Who found the good in Hitler? And why would you stupidly believe they are teaching our children?
Your ignorance is stunning.

Anyone with two brain cells to rub together is afraid of it, just as they are afraid to consume strychnine.
Afraid of what?

A theory that's been floating around the upper reaches of academia and law schools for decades? Something that remains there?

That is NOT being taught in public schools?

Forum List

Back