Crimes that Will No Longer Be Prosecuted in LA Thanks to New Far-Left DA

mikegriffith1

Mike Griffith
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 23, 2012
Virginia
Thanks to more liberal madness, if you're a criminal, you should move to Los Angeles. LA's new far-left Democratic DA just made a long list of crimes legal, i.e., those crimes will now longer be prosecuted, except in rare circumstances. What crimes? Well, believe it or not, the LA DA's office will no longer prosecute most cases of resisting arrest, disturbing the peace, trespassing, prostitution, and illegal drug possession, among other crimes. See the article for the full list.

Here's a list of crimes on LA's new DA's do-not-prosecute list | Fox News

Seems to me that he is noting how the police often times harass the homeless with these charges and how a large number of homeless are mentally ill and that simply processing them through the system over and over does absolutely nothing about the issue.

I agree. Being an ex officer I am sure he is very well aware of how all of this is done.

He is telling the citizens and the politicians to deal with the actual issue and quit expecting the police to do over and over what doesn't work.

Hope every criminal in the West moves to LA. The cops in Cali should move out. Veteran officers are needed everywhere. They should move to a place where they don't get thrown under the bus by their so called bosses.

More Dem insanity.

America has been criminalizing poverty for so long we think that's how it's supposed to be. We think the jails should always be overfilled with the same nonviolent offenders we lock up over and over and over again. We have been doing the same shit forever, time for a change.

Among the changes, many of which went into effect Tuesday, call for ending the death penalty, stopping most uses of cash bail for misdemeanor nonserious or nonviolent felony offenses and prioritizing cases for resentencing inmates who are serving excessive prison terms.
George Gascón Implements Sweeping Changes To Los Angeles District Attorney's Office : NPR
----------------------------------------

all the states without the death penalty:

“I think Michigan made a wise decision 150 years ago,” said the state’s governor, John Engler, a Republican. Michigan abolished the death penalty in 1846 and has resisted attempts to reinstate it. “We’re pretty proud of the fact that we don’t have the death penalty,” Governor Engler said, adding that he opposed the death penalty on moral and pragmatic grounds.

Governor Engler said he was not swayed by polls that showed 60 percent of Michigan residents favored the death penalty. He said 100 percent would like not to pay taxes.

In addition to Michigan, and its Midwestern neighbors Iowa, Minnesota, North Dakota and Wisconsin, the states without the death penalty are Alaska, Hawaii, West Virginia, Rhode Island, Vermont, Maine and Massachusetts, where an effort to reinstate it was defeated last year.
States With No Death Penalty Share Lower Homicide Rates | Death Penalty Information Center

Seems to me that he is noting how the police often times harass the homeless with these charges and how a large number of homeless are mentally ill and that simply processing them through the system over and over does absolutely nothing about the issue.

I agree. Being an ex officer I am sure he is very well aware of how all of this is done.

He is telling the citizens and the politicians to deal with the actual issue and quit expecting the police to do over and over what doesn't work.
yes, many of the homeless are on drugs and are mentally ill and VIOLENT.....letting them run amuck is sure to create thousands of more victims including other homeless that will also attack.

yes, many of the homeless are on drugs and are mentally ill and VIOLENT.....letting them run amuck is sure to create thousands of more victims including other homeless that will also attack.

I saw nowhere that he said violent crimes wouldn't be prosecuted. Could you point that part out to me?

Thanks to more liberal madness, if you're a criminal, you should move to Los Angeles. LA's new far-left Democratic DA just made a long list of crimes legal, i.e., those crimes will now longer be prosecuted, except in rare circumstances. What crimes? Well, believe it or not, the LA DA's office will no longer prosecute most cases of resisting arrest, disturbing the peace, trespassing, prostitution, and illegal drug possession, among other crimes. See the article for the full list.

Awesome. Why were we prosecuting people for those things to start with?

So are you going to support a massive amount of spending to treat them and provide them with housing and health care?

Didn't think so.

you are dismissed.

Among the changes, many of which went into effect Tuesday, call for ending the death penalty, stopping most uses of cash bail for misdemeanor nonserious or nonviolent felony offenses and prioritizing cases for resentencing inmates who are serving excessive prison terms.
George Gascón Implements Sweeping Changes To Los Angeles District Attorney's Office : NPR
----------------------------------------

all the states without the death penalty:

“I think Michigan made a wise decision 150 years ago,” said the state’s governor, John Engler, a Republican. Michigan abolished the death penalty in 1846 and has resisted attempts to reinstate it. “We’re pretty proud of the fact that we don’t have the death penalty,” Governor Engler said, adding that he opposed the death penalty on moral and pragmatic grounds.

Governor Engler said he was not swayed by polls that showed 60 percent of Michigan residents favored the death penalty. He said 100 percent would like not to pay taxes.

In addition to Michigan, and its Midwestern neighbors Iowa, Minnesota, North Dakota and Wisconsin, the states without the death penalty are Alaska, Hawaii, West Virginia, Rhode Island, Vermont, Maine and Massachusetts, where an effort to reinstate it was defeated last year.
States With No Death Penalty Share Lower Homicide Rates | Death Penalty Information Center
Well I’ll be...you actually approving of something said by a republican. You might not be the kooky partisan I thought you were.

America has been criminalizing poverty for so long we think that's how it's supposed to be. We think the jails should always be overfilled with the same nonviolent offenders we lock up over and over and over again. We have been doing the same shit forever, time for a change.

So do I get to beat the shit out of someone trying to take my stuff, because the Cops won't do anything about it?

Police are there to protect the criminals from us as well as us from the Criminals.

because if we didn't people would be forced to take the law into their own hands?

The Dystopian Progressive Culture produces millions of criminals.
In most states the areas with all of the crime and corruption problems are the Blue areas.

The homeless need to be taken off the street and properly housed and cared for. They shouldn’t be prosecuted for nonviolent crimes. As we all know, many of them are mentally ill.

We have an enormous amount of unused commercial real estate in this country. Take it from the banks and house the homeless. Shame the billionaires into paying for it.

A really great idea would be to terminate the military and use the Pentagon and the numerous other war making facilities for the homeless.

Trespassing should be ok?

I see dead people. Lots n' lots of dead people. Many a Californian in the south won't stand for this shit! So. California ain't NYC!
Destruction and eventually death follow today's Dimm policy. People deserve it because they helped create it!
Life IS an IQ test.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back