Crimes that Will No Longer Be Prosecuted in LA Thanks to New Far-Left DA

They can just send social workers out on a call. Non violent people high on drugs and alcohol won't hurt them and will peacefully disperse.

Funny, today I had a trespasser. I have this sign on my front porch.

no-loitering-private-property-sign-s-4315_pl.png

It's clearly visible. Well, he come walking up the driveway and my door is open but he rings the doorbell. I ask him what he wants and he's campaigning for a politician running for congress. I told him we voted for the other guy, So he starts asking me some more stuff and I say where did you graduate high school? And said somewhere in Missouri. So I say that he must be able to read real good and and confirms that he can. So, I say, why can't you read that GD sign!? Then he starts babbling and I tell him to gtfo and he leaves. Now if he had not left I would have called the police and if they didn't come out then this or depending on what he did more lethal stuff.

51%2BykS03OWL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

It's clearly visible. Well, he come walking up the driveway and my door is open but he rings the doorbell. I ask him what he wants and he's campaigning for a politician running for congress. I told him we voted for the other guy, So he starts asking me some more stuff and I say where did you graduate high school? And said somewhere in Missouri. So I say that he must be able to read real good and and confirms that he can. So, I say, why can't you read that GD sign!? Then he starts babbling and I tell him to gtfo and he leaves. Now if he had not left I would have called the police and if they didn't come out then this or depending on what he did more lethal stuff.

51%2BykS03OWL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

Even if the spray disables him, you break his kneecaps with a baton or bat and tell the cops that he kept coming at you! That way, he walks with two canes the rest of his miserable life!!

Among the changes, many of which went into effect Tuesday, call for ending the death penalty, stopping most uses of cash bail for misdemeanor nonserious or nonviolent felony offenses and prioritizing cases for resentencing inmates who are serving excessive prison terms.
George Gascón Implements Sweeping Changes To Los Angeles District Attorney's Office : NPR
----------------------------------------

all the states without the death penalty:

“I think Michigan made a wise decision 150 years ago,” said the state’s governor, John Engler, a Republican. Michigan abolished the death penalty in 1846 and has resisted attempts to reinstate it. “We’re pretty proud of the fact that we don’t have the death penalty,” Governor Engler said, adding that he opposed the death penalty on moral and pragmatic grounds.

Governor Engler said he was not swayed by polls that showed 60 percent of Michigan residents favored the death penalty. He said 100 percent would like not to pay taxes.

In addition to Michigan, and its Midwestern neighbors Iowa, Minnesota, North Dakota and Wisconsin, the states without the death penalty are Alaska, Hawaii, West Virginia, Rhode Island, Vermont, Maine and Massachusetts, where an effort to reinstate it was defeated last year.
States With No Death Penalty Share Lower Homicide Rates | Death Penalty Information Center
The way to deal with states that do not have a death penalty is to find a lifer and make a generous deposit to his prison account. It worked to kill Jeffrey Dahmer.

California did not have a death penalty for awhile. We got the Manson family as a present from the democrats.

Seems to me that he is noting how the police often times harass the homeless with these charges and how a large number of homeless are mentally ill and that simply processing them through the system over and over does absolutely nothing about the issue.

I agree. Being an ex officer I am sure he is very well aware of how all of this is done.

He is telling the citizens and the politicians to deal with the actual issue and quit expecting the police to do over and over what doesn't work.
yes, many of the homeless are on drugs and are mentally ill and VIOLENT.....letting them run amuck is sure to create thousands of more victims including other homeless that will also attack.

I saw nowhere that he said violent crimes wouldn't be prosecuted. Could you point that part out to me?

~~~~~~
LA's New District Attorney Says He Won't Prosecute Misdemeanors Including Criminal Threats, Drugs and Resisting Arrest | MRCTV

Seems to me that he is noting how the police often times harass the homeless with these charges and how a large number of homeless are mentally ill and that simply processing them through the system over and over does absolutely nothing about the issue.

I agree. Being an ex officer I am sure he is very well aware of how all of this is done.

He is telling the citizens and the politicians to deal with the actual issue and quit expecting the police to do over and over what doesn't work.
yes, many of the homeless are on drugs and are mentally ill and VIOLENT.....letting them run amuck is sure to create thousands of more victims including other homeless that will also attack.

I saw nowhere that he said violent crimes wouldn't be prosecuted. Could you point that part out to me?

~~~~~~
LA's New District Attorney Says He Won't Prosecute Misdemeanors Including Criminal Threats, Drugs and Resisting Arrest | MRCTV

So since that just repeated the first link, that would be a no.

Of course they'll come after you if they find you going out for a stroll in your neighborhood...

If all these crimes won't be prosecuted then generally law abiding people can commit them without any fear of the police.
Oh, don’t kid yourself.
These laws aren’t being taken off the books. They are just saying they won’t arrest and prosecute for them. But I bet good money they will still arrest and prosecute select people for it.
I dare anyone to go and trespass on pelosi’s property, or governor newsom, or the mayor of LA’s property. Want to bet the police not only show up, but arrest the person and charge them?

Please d scribe why I should care. I don't live in California. So it is a total non issue. Why do you care? Whiny.

Thanks to more liberal madness, if you're a criminal, you should move to Los Angeles. LA's new far-left Democratic DA just made a long list of crimes legal, i.e., those crimes will now longer be prosecuted, except in rare circumstances. What crimes? Well, believe it or not, the LA DA's office will no longer prosecute most cases of resisting arrest, disturbing the peace, trespassing, prostitution, and illegal drug possession, among other crimes. See the article for the full list.

Here's a list of crimes on LA's new DA's do-not-prosecute list | Fox News
Why not resist arrest and run there's no penalty for it

I just explained it to you-------the mentally ill on the street tend to be violent. Why do you want to pretend that this isn't a fact.
Secondly, Broken window law---when you go after criminals for breaking windows etc, this has the added effect of also cutting down on rapes, murders, carjackings etc. You gotta nip crime in the bud---otherwise it feeds itself and gets much bigger and much more violent. LA will see huge surge in violent crimes because of this.

I just explained it to you-------the mentally ill on the street tend to be violent. Why do you want to pretend that this isn't a fact.

No one said they never are.

Keep deflecting all you want.

Please d scribe why I should care. I don't live in California. So it is a total non issue. Why do you care? Whiny.

Because you believe that this liberal re-imagining of F'ed up law enforcement will not eventually come to your neighborhood and besides, you live under an ever loving, mother F'in rock!

because if we didn't people would be forced to take the law into their own hands?

um, yeah, I guess if they are violent sociopaths...that's one way to out them.

So how is someone engaging in prostitution or drug use really bothering you?

Then remove the laws from the books. Don't just say you won't punish them.

If people won't be arrested for petty crime what is stopping them from just walking into a store and taking stuff?

It's happening already.

It's clearly visible. Well, he come walking up the driveway and my door is open but he rings the doorbell. I ask him what he wants and he's campaigning for a politician running for congress. I told him we voted for the other guy,

Why would he be campaigning for a candidate a month after the election?

1607599179707.png

Forum List

Back