Covid School Kids

Manonthestreet

Diamond Member
May 20, 2014
I try to take time at the beginning of class to ask my kids how they’re doing. Recently, one of my 11th grade students raised his hand and said that he wasn’t doing well, that he doesn't want to keep living like this, but that he knows that no one is coming to save them. The other kids all nodded in agreement. They feel lied to—and I can’t blame them. I’m a Public School Teacher. The Kids Aren’t Alright.
What a disaster. Why comply anymore? So glad my kids are out

Two children under 10 have died in the last two weeks in Ontario.
How many under ten have died in all of Canada in the last two weeks?
How many over the age of ten have died in all of Canada in the last two weeks?
How many in all of Canada have died of Covid in the last 2 1/2 years?

That 23 children have died from Covid in Canada during the whole of the pandemic........

Doesn't quite seem to add up does it? Hopefully somebody will have enough interest to find out?
I've become wary of chasing down dead end leads.

Other than the blue-burbs most other school systems have made mask wearing optional.....In other words they have pretty much disappeared.

Also the staff of public schools and state funded universities are no longer required to be either vaxxed or masked to do their jobs.

Gawd bless Governor Youngkin. :)

Other than the blue-burbs most other school systems have made mask wearing optional.....In other words they have pretty much disappeared.

Also the staff of public schools and state funded universities are no longer required to be either vaxxed or masked to do their jobs.

Gawd bless Governor Youngkin. :)
The link provided by the OP was talking about Canada.
But o.k., it could partially apply in America too.

It has gotten really bad in the schools. All out of shear fear not for the kids as they retain almost zero risk from COVID but for themselves.

I would have never though in a million years that we, as a society at large, would determine that the future and well bring of our children should be sacrificed at the alter of adults getting a general feeling of safety. Not even real safety, just the general feeling of it.

You can argue your feeble little brains out all you want about masks, but we have entered the covid age and it's here to stay. Life is never going back to what it was pre covid. It is truly a whole new way of life. It is NEVER going back to what it was pre virus. It is what it is.

I try to take time at the beginning of class to ask my kids how they’re doing. Recently, one of my 11th grade students raised his hand and said that he wasn’t doing well, that he doesn't want to keep living like this, but that he knows that no one is coming to save them. The other kids all nodded in agreement. They feel lied to—and I can’t blame them. I’m a Public School Teacher. The Kids Aren’t Alright.
What a disaster. Why comply anymore? So glad my kids are out

And college kids as well.

College kids can vote. Think they'll be all fired up to vote Democrat? I sure don't. Not like they used to be.

And college kids as well.

College kids can vote. Think they'll be all fired up to vote Democrat? I sure don't. Not like they used to be.
I would not bet on that. Masking today is not about COVID, it is about virtue signaling. Something that is very trendy in higher education.

1644346010686.png

The basic needs of physiological and safety are at risk during the pandemic. This brings a lot of anxiety to young people, especially when isolated.

Forum List

Back