Covid Relief Bill Overwhelmingly Popular

Yum Yum!

Free money!
All the fat piggies line up at the trough. What is in the new $900 billion COVID-19 relief bill?

I'm sure glad the Smithsonian, for instance, got their billions. Meanwhile crumbs for families and workers.
How much will the Smithsonian pay the government for their chunk of tax money?

With over a 5,000 page bill by design, no one will know everything that is in it, even those who will vote for it without knowing either...That to me is irresponsible. The pork, and bailouts are one thing, but I am wondering what is in it going to other countries, rather than doing things like upgrading our crumbling infrastructure, and energy grid...

What disturbs me is typical liberal democrat. We start with a call by former President Trump to do something simple like boost the payouts to the citizens and help the businesses that are effected by the shutdowns, and what do we get? A bloated bill that everything including the kitchen sink of liberal wish lists are added, blowing the original cost of the idea from roughly 500 billion, to 1.9 trillion....What the hell?

I am about 7 years from retirement people, I'd like to not have to find out what brands of dog food are tasty if we could.....Thanks.
Mel Gibson seemed to like Dinky Dogfood in Road Warrior. Looks like that that's where we are heading.

I sure hope not, I've seen how it's made...Not pleasant....

76% of Americans including 60% of Republicans favor this bill and it will get ZERO support from Republican legislators

Could the GOP Congress be MORE out of step with he nation?
they just want the 1400 dollars

76% of Americans including 60% of Republicans favor this bill and it will get ZERO support from Republican legislators

That's right they do...And McConnell and Co. severely fucked up when Trump said that an additional $1400 should be sent out, they had the backing, and could have passed easily a bill 4 times less than this bull shit, and got the credit for getting it right. That also might have had the benefit of keeping the seats in GA. which would have maintained a Republican majority in the Senate...It was a huge tactical blunder not to do that.

No, I don't claim to know what's in it, but I've been hearing of all the non covid related spending that has been put into it, which tells me
It tells me that you need to stop listening to whoever is fucking with your head like that
Are you suggesting that the bill is not loaded with non covid related spending? Are you suggesting that the 9% number being told by the media is not accurate?

No, I don't claim to know what's in it, but I've been hearing of all the non covid related spending that has been put into it, which tells me
It tells me that you need to stop listening to whoever is fucking with your head like that
Are you suggesting that the bill is not loaded with non covid related spending? Are you suggesting that the 9% number being told by the media is not accurate?
Yes

Yes
lol retard the list is available to anyone smart enough to look for it. almost 1 trillion is pork for dems.

I posted what was in the bill...on this very thread.

And America overwhelmingly supports it.

The only people against it are Trump Humper Dead Enders and the GOP legislators who are afraid of them

With $1.9 Trillion you could give EVERY man, woman, and child in the USA almost $6000.

Instead, a select few are getting $1400.

But Lesh doesn't think it is full of waste and pork. :cuckoo:

Yup

$1400 for each person.

Extended and enhanced unemployment benefits at a time when covid has decimated the work force

350 billion for states and municipalities to offset revenue losses due to covid and keep cops and firefighters on the job and keep state and local taxes low

billions for hospitals and PPE and testing and vaccines

PPP loans and grants for small businesses hanging on by a thread..

But you ultra right wing born again debt scolds know better...after approving the trillions Trump added to the debt in tax cuts that went most to the rich

Take out the pork, send every american making less than 75 grand(low class salary) the checks and help businesses. Nobody can argue against this.
Sending money to people based upon their income or lack there of is really foolish and ridiculous. It's nothing but more of the ideology of "giving everyone a participation trophy" just because. How stupid is this way of thinking in America ???

People make bad choices, even though they are warned over and over again about them, but they flip you the bird and do it anyway. So the country should just push out checks to everyone regardless of their history and choices made in their lives ? So otherwise just throw money away in a feel good way, even though million's will go out, but very little will be accomplished by it ???? How irresponsible is this way of thinking from our leadership in this country ???? Any funds pumped out to the public should come with background checks, stipulations, and directives.

Yes people get all excited about free money, but remember nothing is for free in life. People might think that, but something is always required in return. Could be ones blind loyalty is hoped for, ones soul is hoped for, ones assets are hoped for, and one's votes are hoped for etc. Nothing is for free, and everything has an angle attached to it. The leaders of this country know better than to just use the treasury in these ways, yet it's doing so in the most political wrecklace ways imaginable. Beware, and be very aware.

Yup

$1400 for each person.

Extended and enhanced unemployment benefits at a time when covid has decimated the work force

350 billion for states and municipalities to offset revenue losses due to covid and keep cops and firefighters on the job and keep state and local taxes low

But you ultra right wing born again debt scolds know better...after approving the trillions Trump added to the debt in tax cuts that went most to the rich
Free money is a huge waste, but creating jobs and a strong foundation in this country was a losing proposition according to your ilk. We got it, now get your hands out of the cookie jar unless you either pick up a broom to sweep the floor for them (no you can't have an illegal mexican sweep it for you) or just pull out your coins and buy them.

That's right they do...And McConnell and Co. severely fucked up when Trump said that an additional $1400 should be sent out, they had the backing, and could have passed easily a bill 4 times less than this bull shit, and got the credit for getting it right. That also might have had the benefit of keeping the seats in GA. which would have maintained a Republican majority in the Senate...It was a huge tactical blunder not to do that.
You know what they say, "A house devided shall not stand", and the old gaurd GOP fighting against Trump proved it. One thing that can be said about the crats, is that regardless of how screwed up their policies or differences are, they still stick together in the end. Not suggesting that, but ignoring the obvious is the biggest problem the GOP has. Being told to conform or else is another problem the GOP has, because it ends up tolerating or entertaining the thoughts of those demands, therefore weakening it's defenses against them as it shatters into pieces like a plate glass striking a metal beam.

Yup

$1400 for each person.

The $350 billion is to bail out libtard cities and states who didn't fund pension programs like they should have.

You know what they say, "A house devided shall not stand", and the old gaurd GOP fighting against Trump proved it. One thing that can be said about the crats, is that regardless of how screwed up their policies or differences are, they still stick together in the end. Not suggesting that, but ignoring the obvious is the biggest problem the GOP has. Being told to conform or else is another problem the GOP has, because it ends up tolerating or entertaining the thoughts of those demands, therefore weakening it's defenses against them as it shatters into pieces like a plate glass striking a metal beam.

Oh please, the Repubs have the same problem as the Demo's at this point....The "Old gaurd" are out of step with the younger members of their party....Can you really say that Demo's don't have these problems?

Yup

$1400 for each person.

America approves.

Right wing Trumptards don't

Of course it’s popular. Who doesn’t want free money?

Oh please, the Repubs have the same problem as the Demo's at this point....The "Old gaurd" are out of step with the younger members of their party....Can you really say that Demo's don't have these problems?
Huh ? Both do have problems of course, but the demos stick together as was proven throughout everything we've seen go on. The GOP aren't like the Demos, where as they call out the bad amongst the ranks when the Demos don't.

The Demos figure that keeping their numbers strong and unified is more important than calling out the bad amongst their ranks. If people don't understand this by now, then they have their heads buried in the sand.

Here's a good example - Why can't all children of like minded parent's and character go to private schools, otherwise that are in tune with their ideologies, religious values, and standards kept ???

Answer - It is a thought or was a thought that separation by way of affordability would keep the poor undesirables out. Sad but true, and in some cases it's still the way things are being done to this very day.

Only recently is this beginning to change, because what they've found is that using such a class dividing practice not based in promoting ideology or character, had caused alot of potentials to be left behind. This was all due to their not being able to afford the education that was being separated by money, instead of separated by character, ideologies or even cultures voluntarily.

School choice is paramount in building up educational standards, ideologies, religious values, character, and culture.

Setting money or affordability super high or unreachable in hopes to separate by that way of thinking is a flawed way of thinking, and it shows in the amount of number's that have slipped badly in certain cultures, and it is why these cultures are fast becoming a minority amongst the new majorities on the rise.

So the American people overwhelmingly support the covid bill

The Republican voters overwhelmingly support it

Good thing we have right wing lunatics on this board to set things straight huh?

So the American people overwhelmingly support the covid bill

The Republican voters overwhelmingly support it

Good thing we have right wing lunatics on this board to set things straight huh?
Again, its not the Covid bill that Republicans do not support, its all the added nonsense. If the house were to bring forward a straight covid bill, without any of this other non covid spending, you'd have 100% bipartisan support.

Again, its not the Covid bill that Republicans do not support, its all the added nonsense.
Said about every popular Dem bill ever (and most of them are)

It's nonsense.

Virtually everything in that Bill relates to covid and the economic disaster that covid has caused

Forum List

Back