Covid Relief Bill Overwhelmingly Popular

76% of Americans including 60% of Republicans favor this bill and it will get ZERO support from Republican legislators

And there go the Democrats,
they can't wait to drive the national debt
and spending up fast enough
to buy votes!
Even as the dollar sags
and we are crushed under debt.

I'M SO PROUD OF YOU
Oh look...another born again debt scold.

We get em every time Republicans lose power

They don’t tell you that all the “respondents” to that poll were told was that they’re getting free money. Of course they love that. Try mentioning the utter crap in this bill and watch the approval rating tank instantly.

Lots and lots of pages are needed to hide pork.
Yep. I said that with the Trump tax changes too.

Can you be a little more specific? Tax reform act is a little different from an appropriation bill with the title COVID RELEIF stamped on top :) one reduces and reforms tax policy the other simply spends what others are taxed by the government to pay.

Lots and lots of pages are needed to hide pork.
Yep. I said that with the Trump tax changes too.

Can you be a little more specific? Tax reform act is a little different from an appropriation bill with the title COVID RELEIF stamped on top :) one reduces and reforms tax policy the other simply spends what others are taxed by the government to pay.
Maybe if we gave the workers the tax cut instead of the 1% we'd have gotten that mythical 4% growht the gop promised. Since workers didn't get that, maybe they'll take 'their cut" now in a bill not subject to fillibuster, like the Trump tax cuts, and who knows .... maybe we'll see 4% in 22.

That tells me that 76% of Americans and 60% of Republicans do not know what's in the covid relief bill.
And you do???

We know the gist of it and THAT is what matters
No, I don't claim to know what's in it, but I've been hearing of all the non covid related spending that has been put into it, which tells me, if 76% approve of a covid bill, they have no idea what they approve of, because its not really a covid bill, its a miscellaneous spending bill that has some covid spending in it.

76% of Americans including 60% of Republicans favor this bill and it will get ZERO support from Republican legislators

And there go the Democrats,
they can't wait to drive the national debt
and spending up fast enough
to buy votes!
Even as the dollar sags
and we are crushed under debt.

I'M SO PROUD OF YOU
Oh look...another born again debt scold.

We get em every time Republicans lose power

Fuck off. For four years you bitched Trump was spending way too much money, that our debt was too high, that spending was totally out of control, that we couldn't afford his tax cuts and that we couldn't afford a border wall, that walls didn't work anyway!

And then the MINUTE you fucking cretin hypocrites steal your way back into the White House, you do your usual 180° flip---- can't spend the money now fast enough, you're blowing through money left and right faster than a drunk hitting the lottery, gas prices way up, taxation way up, and best of all, suddenly now walls work and you're putting them up everywhere---- to keep the dissatisfied taxpayers out of DC while opening the floodgates elsewhere for your cheap, wetback voters.

Even better, it only took you 30 days to drag us back into another fucking war. :1peleas:

Do you think if the pollsters pointed that out you would get the same results @Lesh ?
But they don't. Because it's bullshit...like everything else you post

No, I don't claim to know what's in it, but I've been hearing of all the non covid related spending that has been put into it, which tells me
It tells me that you need to stop listening to whoever is fucking with your head like that

No, I don't claim to know what's in it, but I've been hearing of all the non covid related spending that has been put into it, which tells me
It tells me that you need to stop listening to whoever is fucking with your head like that
Ok, care to take us step by step of what's exactly in the bill ?? You know, break it down for us.

Yum Yum!

Free money!
All the fat piggies line up at the trough. What is in the new $900 billion COVID-19 relief bill?

I'm sure glad the Smithsonian, for instance, got their billions. Meanwhile crumbs for families and workers.
How much will the Smithsonian pay the government for their chunk of tax money?

With over a 5,000 page bill by design, no one will know everything that is in it, even those who will vote for it without knowing either...That to me is irresponsible. The pork, and bailouts are one thing, but I am wondering what is in it going to other countries, rather than doing things like upgrading our crumbling infrastructure, and energy grid...

What disturbs me is typical liberal democrat. We start with a call by former President Trump to do something simple like boost the payouts to the citizens and help the businesses that are effected by the shutdowns, and what do we get? A bloated bill that everything including the kitchen sink of liberal wish lists are added, blowing the original cost of the idea from roughly 500 billion, to 1.9 trillion....What the hell?

I am about 7 years from retirement people, I'd like to not have to find out what brands of dog food are tasty if we could.....Thanks.

Yum Yum!

Free money!
All the fat piggies line up at the trough. What is in the new $900 billion COVID-19 relief bill?

I'm sure glad the Smithsonian, for instance, got their billions. Meanwhile crumbs for families and workers.
How much will the Smithsonian pay the government for their chunk of tax money?

With over a 5,000 page bill by design, no one will know everything that is in it, even those who will vote for it without knowing either...That to me is irresponsible. The pork, and bailouts are one thing, but I am wondering what is in it going to other countries, rather than doing things like upgrading our crumbling infrastructure, and energy grid...

What disturbs me is typical liberal democrat. We start with a call by former President Trump to do something simple like boost the payouts to the citizens and help the businesses that are effected by the shutdowns, and what do we get? A bloated bill that everything including the kitchen sink of liberal wish lists are added, blowing the original cost of the idea from roughly 500 billion, to 1.9 trillion....What the hell?

I am about 7 years from retirement people, I'd like to not have to find out what brands of dog food are tasty if we could.....Thanks.
Mel Gibson seemed to like Dinky Dogfood in Road Warrior. Looks like that that's where we are heading.

Take out the pork, send every american making less than 75 grand(low class salary) the checks and help businesses. Nobody can argue against this.

Could the GOP Congress be MORE out of step with he nation?
In other scientific breakthroughs, scientists discover toddlers overwhelmingly like candy.

Forum List

Back