Couple who pulled guns on Black mother and daughters charged with felony assault

“The Oakland County Prosecutor's Office announced Thursday that the Wuestenbergs were charged with felonious assault.” ibid

If convicted, they become prohibited persons – no more concealed carry license.
the charges will get tossed .
I'm beginning to think so too.

I listen to Detroit talk radio WJR, and the sheriff always makes himself available.

I have no doubt he'll be on tomorrow.
He and his officers demonstrated biases as the videos demonstrated what occurred and why reasonable people feared for their life

??? seems to me that you are getting into murky waters. Reasonable vs not can be a matter of
opinion -------or even which way the political wind blows
in this case only the womans perspective is relevant.

So is it just my imagination or does the trend seem to be white people pulling guns on black people and attempting to force them to comply with their demands because I can't recall any stories about black people pulling guns on white people solely to attempt to get them to do something/stop doing something. And for the records, I'm not talking about armed robbery or anything else in that category.

I've heard some firearm instructors say that if you pull you weapon but don't use it or have to use it to defend yourself, then there was probably no threat which required an armed response to begin with. I don't fully agree with that stance because sometimes the mere sight of the weapon de-escalates the situation, but not in the last couple of these types of stories have I seen it do so. Pulling a firearm on someone for no good reason or as an attempt to intimidate can piss some people off and cause then to go on the attack because they were just threated with a deadly weapon.

If it keeps happening, then as long as the people who unlawfully pointed a weapon at another get charged and convicted, then I guess our laws are working as designed, correct?
Do you think, that pointing a weapon at a criminal, illegally blocking your way is a crime?

Someone who is blocking your way isn't a criminal.

Get a grip.

Someone who pulls a weapon and threatens a person IS a criminal.

Which is why that criminal woman and the criminal man with her was arrested and if convicted will go to prison.

While the women they pulled the weapon on who aren't criminals, are back home enjoying their lives.

See the difference?
Blocking someone's way and restricting their movement is legally kidnapping.

So is it just my imagination or does the trend seem to be white people pulling guns on black people and attempting to force them to comply with their demands because I can't recall any stories about black people pulling guns on white people solely to attempt to get them to do something/stop doing something. And for the records, I'm not talking about armed robbery or anything else in that category.

I've heard some firearm instructors say that if you pull you weapon but don't use it or have to use it to defend yourself, then there was probably no threat which required an armed response to begin with. I don't fully agree with that stance because sometimes the mere sight of the weapon de-escalates the situation, but not in the last couple of these types of stories have I seen it do so. Pulling a firearm on someone for no good reason or as an attempt to intimidate can piss some people off and cause then to go on the attack because they were just threated with a deadly weapon.

If it keeps happening, then as long as the people who unlawfully pointed a weapon at another get charged and convicted, then I guess our laws are working as designed, correct?
Do you think, that pointing a weapon at a criminal, illegally blocking your way is a crime?

Someone who is blocking your way isn't a criminal.

Get a grip.

Someone who pulls a weapon and threatens a person IS a criminal.

Which is why that criminal woman and the criminal man with her was arrested and if convicted will go to prison.

While the women they pulled the weapon on who aren't criminals, are back home enjoying their lives.

See the difference?
Blocking someone's way and restricting their movement is legally kidnapping.
UNLAWFUL DETENTION ..

We have a winner !

It doesn’t matter what anyone ‘thinks’ – as a fact of law pointing a gun at someone is felonious assault.

And the woman at whom the gun was pointed was not committing a criminal act.
I posted the law pertaining to this. You are WRONG. Give me a few minutes and I will do so again

Media mentions skin color only when it fits the agenda.
Why did the black woman speak with the dialect of a southern illiterate even though they were in Michigan? I guess they were just visiting.
Ignore the crime the blacks perpetrated and then charge the whites for defending themselves. I'm thinking this sheriff was trying to apease left wing bigots and the BLM MOB.
Do you ever get tired of being wrong? I mean, a normal might start to wonder why facts and reality never align with his freakish fantasies.

Media mentions skin color only when it fits the agenda.
Why did the black woman speak with the dialect of a southern illiterate even though they were in Michigan? I guess they were just visiting.
Ignore the crime the blacks perpetrated and then charge the whites for defending themselves. I'm thinking this sheriff was trying to apease left wing bigots and the BLM MOB.
Do you ever get tired of being wrong? I mean, a normal might start to wonder why facts and reality never align with his freakish fantasies.
You didn’t say anything in response to my post. Why did you quote it?

It doesn’t matter what anyone ‘thinks’ – as a fact of law pointing a gun at someone is felonious assault.

I get the felonious assault, however she stood behind their vehicle and refused to let them leave. Isn’t detaining someone against their will a crime? Seems to me she helped escalate the situation, doesn’t make pulling a gun on someone justified, I see another crime as well.

The illegal blocking someone movements is a crime. Protection of someones freedom of movement is not a crime.

SELF-DEFENSE ACT (EXCERPT)
Act 309 of 2006

780.972 Use of deadly force by individual not engaged in commission of crime; conditions.

Sec. 2.

(1) An individual who has not or is not engaged in the commission of a crime at the time he or she uses deadly force may use deadly force against another individual anywhere he or she has the legal right to be with no duty to retreat if either of the following applies:
(a) The individual honestly and reasonably believes that the use of deadly force is necessary to prevent the imminent death of or imminent great bodily harm to himself or herself or to another individual.
(b) The individual honestly and reasonably believes that the use of deadly force is necessary to prevent the imminent sexual assault of himself or herself or of another individual.
(2) An individual who has not or is not engaged in the commission of a crime at the time he or she uses force other than deadly force may use force other than deadly force against another individual anywhere he or she has the legal right to be with no duty to retreat if he or she honestly and reasonably believes that the use of that force is necessary to defend himself or herself or another individual from the imminent unlawful use of force by another individual.

The only person in the video was white. How do they know the others weren’t wiggers?
That would be a hilarious sitcom.
Chillin’ With the Wiggers. About the misadventures a second generation family of whites who didn’t move away when blacks took over the neighborhood.

The Sheriff isnt the problem here. This is the Oakland County prosecutor-- DEMOCRAT

Forum List

Back