Could a common threat unite the right and the left (or in other words, unite the country)?

If the income inequality threat isn't uniting us, I really don't think anything else would.
Alien invasion would work. Real aliens, as in from Mars kind. Other than that, an outright military attack on the homeland. Neither one sounds very good.

If northern blacks and whites ever get together that would be the end of the Democrat party

So the answer is No the democrat elite would never allow that To happen

i think it already has by causing a street level debate on stop and frisk.

the other thing is we shouldn't confuse or combine crime with race. :)

If northern blacks and whites ever get together that would be the end of the Democrat party

my god... northern blacks. this is getting way too personal. region, colour, race, persuasion...
will it ever end.

maybe elections are the problem, do we feel this divided by race in non election years ??

that could be a poll maybe. according to the mainstream political pundit downbeat, this country is 100% racist.

Last edited:

my god... northern blacks. this is getting way too personal

Southern blacks and whites get along just fine for the most part, it's the segregated blue city's that's the problem.

If the income inequality threat isn't uniting us, I really don't think anything else would.
Alien invasion would work. Real aliens, as in from Mars kind. Other than that, an outright military attack on the homeland. Neither one sounds very good.

Nah the democrats would welcome them as refugees and give them voting rights

Yeah. Although I'm not so sure about the military attack on the homeland. You know both parties would be blaming the other for it.

And come to think of it, an alien invasion might cause the same thing.

Let's see: The Dems might blame the GOP for creating global warming and making it more attractive to Martians; the GOP might blame the Dems for not wanting to spend more money on missile defense. Who knows. They'd all come up with something and they'd be screaming at each other as we're getting zapped by astro laser beams.

What has happened here is that we have lost our collective freaking minds.

No. Regardless what position the Democrats took to address the threat, the Republicans would instantly take the opposite position, out of principle.

How am I threatened by someone else making more or less money than I do?
You aren't, because I can already tell what your view is. Other people are harmed because wealth controls society and provides power. This isn't a land of equal opportunity. Poverty (and wealth) has systematic traces. You can't just work hard and get what you want. People need the opportunity to make money and have worthwhile jobs. There is a major issue with student loan debt, many degrees not providing avenues for making decent money out of school which drives people back to school for higher education or other degrees which causes more student loan debt, which makes it take longer for many Americans to begin working full time in career sort of work. Too many Americans graduate college with bleak employment opportunities and considerable debt. They're entering the game at a major disadvantage. There are a lot of issues with wealth and not even that can unite America because of partisan politics. Poverty isn't entirely systematic but in some ways it is. A lot of America's wealth is owned by the 1% with the middle-class living off "enough to get by". Something so top heavy won't be able to stand on brittle legs.

You can always find the success stories of someone coming from poverty or middle-lower class and becoming a doctor. But for every story like that there are many more good, sincere people who work hard and don't see good upward movement in QOL.

You are LDS, as am I. A big message of the church is for women to be able to not have to work, to be able to stay at home (allowing more time and ability to focus on the kids) and for the husband to be able to make enough money for that to happen. I know more LDS families where the wife is working AND HAS TO work to make ends meet, than I know LDS families where the husband makes enough money for the wife to be able to stay home. I know bishops going into debt for a car that their family needs to function. These are good people with a moral code that wants the husband to make enough money for the wife to be able to stay at home, a moral code to not go into debt for things other than houses or schooling and they can't make it work. Do they just not work hard enough? If they just worked harder would they make more money?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back