Cornel West: There Is No Progressive Politics Without Internationalism, the fight for climate justice must join with an anti-militarist movement now

we need free democratic decentralized republics where every citizen enjoys full human rights in Afghanistan, Pakistan, and Iran and all other 3rd world countries. that will create lasting peace and root out terrorism

Do the imam's in those countries want the same? I don't think so.

I like internationalism. It’s been really useful in creating a thriving economy, scientific advancement and preventing war.

My stepfather is also a doctoral Harvard man, Class of '68, I believe. His degree was in chemistry although he went on to be a prominent artificial intelligence expert, software engineer, professor and several time author. He felt all the pressure to go along with their liberal community narrative while he was there. Today he thinks they're a bunch of assholes who are full of shit.
The Harvard "covid class" was asked upon their graduation their political leanings and 97% described them as progressive.....You really don't come back from that.

I like internationalism. It’s been really useful in creating a thriving economy, scientific advancement and preventing war.

Yeah, it's working out so well so far. :rolleyes:

Where's the 'thriving economy'? Where's the 'scientific advancement'? Does Ukraine ring a bell?

Yeah, it's working out so well so far. :rolleyes:

Where's the 'thriving economy'? Where's the 'scientific advancement'? Does Ukraine ring a bell?
We are richer and have a higher quality of life now than ever before.

When did isolationism work out for us?

We are richer and have a higher quality of life now than ever before.

When did isolationism work out for us?
Higher than what and for whom? First list out the specific things where we have a 'higher quality of life', in comparison to what, and how internationalism specifically brought that about.

The individual and collective losses are so profound, so glaring, so devastating, yet defy calculation. Hani’s assassination, especially, brings this point home. What would post-apartheid South Africa have become had this brilliant communist leader lead alongside Mandela?

Ey8hMsdXAAc0ruT

Higher than what and for whom? First list out the specific things where we have a 'higher quality of life', in comparison to what, and how internationalism specifically brought that about.
For everyone, really.

Just take consumer electronics, affordable due to international trade with significant advancements in design being made in numerous countries thought out the developed world.

It’s a fact that when our economics are more tightly interdependent, there’s less likelihood for war.

Remember WW1 or WW2? Remember how the Cold War stayed cold?

South Africa's Nando’s Restaurant "is an Immigrant EMPLOYING, Gay LOVING, Muslim RESPECTING, Racism OPPOSING, Equal PAYING, Multi CULTURAL chicken restaurant", according to it's CEO

it's more famous for it's branches in the UK and America, in South Africa it's not as well known. UK Pop star Ed Sheeran is a big fan

I couldn't help but think back to the short-lived (it was banned) Nando's, 'Last Dictator Standing' as I flip through the reign of Mobutu Sese Seko in Congo (or Zaire as I remember it). An 'extraordinary dictator' is one way of describing him. I could certainly think of others.

For everyone, really.

Just take consumer electronics, affordable due to international trade with significant advancements in design being made in numerous countries thought out the developed world.

It’s a fact that when our economics are more tightly interdependent, there’s less likelihood for war.

Remember WW1 or WW2? Remember how the Cold War stayed cold?

Okay, so you have no specifics, you just came up with that comment out of thin air because it sounds good to you.

It's called trade, and we've always had that. Typically to our detriment.

Yes, when economies are tightly interdependent it gives other governments control over us that they shouldn't have.

What about them? You think WWI and WWII started because we weren't 'friendly' enough with the Germans. :rolleyes:

Okay, so you have no specifics, you just came up with that comment out of thin air because it sounds good to you.

It's called trade, and we've always had that. Typically to our detriment.

Yes, when economies are tightly interdependent it gives other governments control over us that they shouldn't have.

What about them? You think WWI and WWII started because we weren't 'friendly' enough with the Germans. :rolleyes:
It’s plenty specific. You just don’t like having to provide a response because you don’t have one.

Internationalism gives us leverage over others far more than it gives them leverage over us.

we need free democratic decentralized republics where every citizen enjoys full human rights in Afghanistan, Pakistan, and Iran and all other 3rd world countries. that will create lasting peace and root out terrorism
Those countries have freely chosen to be hell holes with few individual rights

Forum List

Back