Consequence Culture - Gina Carano, Colin Kaepernick, The Dixie Chicks and Jane Fonda

If Hanoi Jane didn't hang herself, she did not "accept responsibility" for her treason.
The young woman was not ever convicted or even indicted for treason.

Your demand that she should have died at her own hand for her lapse in judgement is antithetical to the moral code of the nation, certainly to the Christian ethos, but, if you need to wish her dead, just close your eyes and click the heels of your self-righteous ruby slippers together three times.

Yes...her career was so "over" by 1981 that...she got nominated as best supporting actress in the year's second highest grossing movie! (Second to Raiders of the Lost Ark-she lost the Oscar to Maureen Stapleton in Reds.)

Okay... and let's look at that, Ditchweed. By 1981, Ronald Reagan had gotten into office calling Vietnam a "Nobel Cause". Hollywood had also started releasing Rambo Movies, which perpetuated the mythology of hippies spitting on soldiers and the whole "Stabbed in the Back" Myth. The whole legend that there were some POW's in some Vietnam camps started being perpetuated, and everyone flew those stupid POW/MIA flags.

1615123190735.png

In short, by 1981, we had moved from "thank God we got out of that stupid war our politicians lied us into" to "Why did those hippies like Jane Fonda betray us in our noble cause". It was just inconceivable to Americans that America could lose a war.

So while she had been doing two to three major films in the 1970's a year, that trickled down to one film every two years during the 80's... and her career pretty much ends in 1990 until she got a revival in the Oughts playing supporting characters and Voiceover work.

Yes, Jane Fonda got cancelled.

Yes...her career was so "over" by 1981 that...she got nominated as best supporting actress in the year's second highest grossing movie! (Second to Raiders of the Lost Ark-she lost the Oscar to Maureen Stapleton in Reds.)

Okay... and let's look at that, Ditchweed. By 1981, Ronald Reagan had gotten into office calling Vietnam a "Nobel Cause". Hollywood had also started releasing Rambo Movies, which perpetuated the mythology of hippies spitting on soldiers and the whole "Stabbed in the Back" Myth. The whole legend that there were some POW's in some Vietnam camps started being perpetuated, and everyone flew those stupid POW/MIA flags.

View attachment 465017

In short, by 1981, we had moved from "thank God we got out of that stupid war our politicians lied us into" to "Why did those hippies like Jane Fonda betray us in our noble cause". It was just inconceivable to Americans that America could lose a war.

So while she had been doing two to three major films in the 1970's a year, that trickled down to one film every two years during the 80's... and her career pretty much ends in 1990 until she got a revival in the Oughts playing supporting characters and Voiceover work.

Interestingly, the North Vietnamese propaganda tool - the contrived photo-op - was embraced and promoted as a propaganda tool by those who were hellbent upon perpetuating the sacrifice of American lives in the costly U.S. intervention into the Vietnamese Civil War. Both sides hyped it in furtherance of their respective, diametrically-opposed agendas, advocates for the invading forces more so. That there are those who still find propaganda value in a pic of an attractive young woman sitting at a gun is rather astounding. Maybe the NRA should buy the rights to promote their agenda.

Fonda's opposition to the bloody fiasco, dramatized by her 1972 trio to Vietnam, reflected what had already become the common opposition to the war expressed by most Americans.

During the waning days of U.S. military involvement in Vietnam, Fonda visited North Vietnamese villages, hospitals, schools, and factories damaged in the war, weaving her comments about what she observed at those sites with denunciations of U.S. military policy.

April 28, 2000
Twenty-five years after the fall of Saigon, most Americans still feel that their country's involvement in the Vietnam War was a bad idea, according to a CBS News/New York Times Poll.
The majority of Republicans and Democrats as well as of the demographic groups measured agree on this point, but feelings are especially pronounced among Americans of draft age during the war—those now 45 to 64: Sixty-seven percent of 45- to 64-year-olds think the United States should have stayed out of the fighting.
“It hurts me and it will to my grave that I made a huge, huge mistake that made a lot of people think I was against the soldiers.”

The young woman was not ever convicted or even indicted for treason.

Your demand that she should have died at her own hand for her lapse in judgement is antithetical to the moral code of the nation, certainly to the Christian ethos, but, if you need to wish her dead, just close your eyes and click the heels of your self-righteous ruby slippers together three times.
She should have been arrested, tried, convicted (it was open and shut), and executed.

I will give you one hundred trillion dollars a day for one trillion days if you can show one post where I ever claimed to be a Christian.

View attachment 465017

Her career didn't "end", you blithering idiot. She married Ted Turner and RETIRED FROM ACTING!

And yet again: how many actresses get "talented leading lady" roles in their mid 40s or older? Be honest...if you are capable of that. (You're not.)

She should have been arrested, tried, convicted (it was open and shut), and executed.
If you are in a tizzy that no American regime ever satisfied your desires, you are free to remain alienated from American jurisprudence.

I will give you one hundred trillion dollars a day for one trillion days if you can show one post where I ever claimed to be a Christian.
You appear to be confused. Where did I ever label you a Christian?

Her career didn't "end", you blithering idiot. She married Ted Turner and RETIRED FROM ACTING!

And yet again: how many actresses get "talented leading lady" roles in their mid 40s or older? Be honest...if you are capable of that. (You're not.)

The ones who can act certainly do.

Again- did you need help with the big words? Her career was over by 1981, about the same time that we all started rewriting the Vietnam War in our heads.

View attachment 465017

it is not a myth that hippies/anti-war folks spit on returning soldiers...it happened....the returning servicemen were treated horribly, in part because of people like Fonda

Also there were a number of very big, popular Vietnam movies well before 1981...the Deer Hunter for example, Apocalypse Now,......face it Fonda wasn't cancelled, although she is likely one of the few people that really should have been

it is not a myth that hippies/anti-war folks spit on returning soldiers...it happened....the returning servicemen were treated horribly, in part because of people like Fonda

No, actually, it's a complete fabrication.

There's not one documented case of it in contemporary media, such as "Hippy spits on soldier" or "Hippy in Hospital after Soldier kicks his ass."

In his exhaustive book entitled "The Spitting Image," Vietnam vet and Holy Cross Prof. Jerry Lembcke documents veterans who claim they were spat on by antiwar protestors, but he found no physical evidence (photographs, news reports, etc.) that these transgressions actually occurred. His findings are supported by surveys of his fellow Vietnam veterans as they came home.

For instance, Lembcke notes that "a U.S. Senate study, based on data collected in August 1971 by Harris Associates, found that 75 percent of Vietnam-era veterans polled disagreed with the statement, 'Those people at home who opposed the Vietnam war often blame veterans for our involvement there'" while "94 percent said their reception by people their own age who had not served in the armed forces was friendly."

Meanwhile, the Veterans' World Project at Southern Illinois University found that many Vietnam vets supported the antiwar protest, with researchers finding almost no veterans "finish[ing] their service in Vietnam believing that what the United States has done there has served to forward our nation's purposes."

In short, it was a myth made up, not unlike the Dolchstoßlegende of post World War I Germany that Germany had not been defeated, but stabbed in the back by Jews and Communists. America simply couldn't accept they had lost a war that it never really wanted to fight to start with. Someone was to blame. It was those damned hippies!!!!

Also there were a number of very big, popular Vietnam movies well before 1981...the Deer Hunter for example, Apocalypse Now,......face it Fonda wasn't cancelled, although she is likely one of the few people that really should have been

Do you really think those movies were "celebrations" of Vietnam? Neither showed the war in a good light.

the point about those movies is they weren't movies like Rambo that celebrated myths like soldiers being spat upon or the Vietnamese were holding Americans after the war and our government wasn't bothering to rescue them.

In short, instead of our wrath being where it should have been directed, at political leaders of BOTH PARTIES who instigated, escalated and deceived the public about the war, we turned our wrath on the people who actually had the integrity to say, "No, this is wrong."

The "scandal" of Fonda's Hanoi visit was not that she was dumb enough to get herself photographed sitting on an AA gun, it was that she went around showing that we were bombing hospitals and schools and homes of people who weren't a threat to us.

No, actually, it's a complete fabrication.

There's not one documented case of it in contemporary media, such as "Hippy spits on soldier" or "Hippy in Hospital after Soldier kicks his ass."

In his exhaustive book entitled "The Spitting Image," Vietnam vet and Holy Cross Prof. Jerry Lembcke documents veterans who claim they were spat on by antiwar protestors, but he found no physical evidence (photographs, news reports, etc.) that these transgressions actually occurred. His findings are supported by surveys of his fellow Vietnam veterans as they came home.

For instance, Lembcke notes that "a U.S. Senate study, based on data collected in August 1971 by Harris Associates, found that 75 percent of Vietnam-era veterans polled disagreed with the statement, 'Those people at home who opposed the Vietnam war often blame veterans for our involvement there'" while "94 percent said their reception by people their own age who had not served in the armed forces was friendly."

Meanwhile, the Veterans' World Project at Southern Illinois University found that many Vietnam vets supported the antiwar protest, with researchers finding almost no veterans "finish[ing] their service in Vietnam believing that what the United States has done there has served to forward our nation's purposes."

In short, it was a myth made up, not unlike the Dolchstoßlegende of post World War I Germany that Germany had not been defeated, but stabbed in the back by Jews and Communists. America simply couldn't accept they had lost a war that it never really wanted to fight to start with.

Do you really think those movies were "celebrations" of Vietnam? Neither showed the war in a good light.

the point about those movies is they weren't movies like Rambo that celebrated myths like soldiers being spat upon or the Vietnamese were holding Americans after the war and our government wasn't bothering to rescue them.

In short, instead of our wrath being where it should have been directed, at political leaders of BOTH PARTIES who instigated, escalated and deceived the public about the war, we turned our wrath on the people who actually had the integrity to say, "No, this is wrong."

The "scandal" of Fonda's Hanoi visit was not that she was dumb enough to get herself photographed sitting on an AA gun, it was that she went around showing that we were bombing hospitals and schools and homes of people who weren't a threat to us.
Ok, ask a Vet...not some liberal professor that spoke to a few people, then wow...couldn't find a photo? Sorry....I believe the war heroes

No, I don't think they did....not sure why you would celebrate the war.....and I would hardly call Rambo a celebration.....it was about a guy that was dealing with PTSD after coming home from the war...

No the scandel of Fonda was she was on a anti-aircraft gun that killed Americans. Of course we were bombing things....we did in WW1, 2, etc.....

The ones who can act certainly do.

Again- did you need help with the big words? Her career was over by 1981, about the same time that we all started rewriting the Vietnam War in our heads.
No matter how many times you regurgitate that, boy,, it is still a lie.

Ok, ask a Vet...not some liberal professor that spoke to a few people, then wow...couldn't find a photo? Sorry....I believe the war heroes

I don't. One thing that I've found is that veterans often tend to exaggerate. And I say that as a veteran myself. I go by what can be proven with documentary evidence... News reports, police incidents, etc. Those are largely missing.

Just like everyone knows someone who knows someone who was at the hospital when they extracted the gerbil from Richard Gere's butthole.

No, I don't think they did....not sure why you would celebrate the war.....and I would hardly call Rambo a celebration.....it was about a guy that was dealing with PTSD after coming home from the war...

The first one was... and it repeated the spitting lie.

The second one promoted the lie that the Vietnamese were continuing to hold POW's and it has a line where Rambo asks Colonel Troughtman, "Are we allowed to win this time" before he goes off on his mission.

There were also the films "Uncommon Valor" and the Chuck Norris Missing in Action movies that spread this bullshit. The reality is, the Vietnamese didn't hold anyone after 1973 except one guy who didn't want to go back because he would have been shot for desertion. They've been very cooperative in helping us find the remains of dead servicemen, even though they have 300,000 people they can't account for.

No the scandel of Fonda was she was on a anti-aircraft gun that killed Americans. Of course we were bombing things....we did in WW1, 2, etc.....

Gonna play your own game here. Can you prove that specific gun ever killed Americans? The way you guys carry on, you made it sound like she was firing it.

Those are all good points but I do wonder what did Gina Carano say that you label as racist, conspiratorial and transphobic? What even is transphobic?

Irrational fear of transsexual Americans.

I don't see anything racist or transphobic there. And I agree with her about the face diapers. And it is a fact that people were turning other people in during Nazi Germany. They are even doing that now in the US and reporting people for not wearing a face diaper.

I couldn't get past the first sentence.

Why?

Because you aren't her employer.

Do you believe in the "right to work" laws? If so, you understand that the employer doesn't need much of a reason to fire an employee.

Do you understand a company having the right to hire employees who don't offend people and don't cause a hostile work environment?

Do you understand a company has the right to protect the company? They all have morals clauses in their contracts. The company has the right to have a reputation and the right to protect that reputation.

Finally, do you understand you don't work for that company, you don't own that company and you have no right expect to dictate who that company can hire or fire?

You seem to think that your views actually matter. They don't.

This isn’t complicated.

Freedom of speech does not shield one from repercussions there after.
But that doesn't make sense. If you got punished for free speech then it means there is no free speech.

Translation: "Being unable to refute any of the facts offered, I will chug prune juice, drop trou, and spin in a circle, blasting explosive diarrhea in all directions."
You going to play stupid too? Ok let’s start with something simple for you.

Here’s a nice simple video for you. Click on it to play.

Are you seriously going to pretend that there wasn’t a huge backlash against Kaepernick when the whole kneeling thing started?

Go sit in the corner.

What does football have to do with the flag, our military, those who gave their lives for our nation and anything political?

It's a sport.

The flag, national anthem and pledge of allegiance have absolutely nothing to do with football and have no business at any game beyond the Olympics.

So? Her employers wished to avoid a negative reaction from the public which buys the product and decides for itself what is/is not racist or transphobic garbage. Much like Kaepernick and the NFL or Hanoi Jane Fonda and Hollywood producers.

Exactly my point. But no one really whined about "cancel culture" with those folks, did they?

The difference is, all those other people were eventually vindicated.
Then you are pointless because none of those people have been vindicated.

Forum List

Back