Consequence Culture - Gina Carano, Colin Kaepernick, The Dixie Chicks and Jane Fonda

You missed the point dumb ass....you idiots claim he was canceled by the Right...when it is obvious to normal people you don't know what you are talking about.....you couldn't watch the democrat party controlled CBS, NBC, ABC, NPR, PBS the late night comedians, the hollywood entertainment shows or award shows without seeing them kiss his ass, you dumb ass....

That is the exact fucking opposite of being canceled....you moron.

You still don't get it because you're retarded.

He received a ton of backlash for kneeling, you moron.

To the point that he couldn't get a job anywhere else, you shit bird.

So yes, he was cancelled, you moron.

You idiot.
No, you twerp-he couldn't get a job because he was a shitty quarterback with three 747s worth of baggage.

What "baggage" are you talking about? You mean the baggage of getting shunned by NFL fans who got their feelings hurt and boycotted the NFL completely over his actions? You mean how they "cancelled" him? That baggage?

Are you all caught up now? Retard.

1) you have no idea if money was even transferred. They reached an agreement for the grievance letter that the Players Union filed on his behalf. Moreover, as I highlighted two teams were interested, one about to make an offer, he was not "blackballed" .... in fact, after the agreement over the grievance letter settlement, the NFL, in an unprecedented move (likely part of the agreement) arranged for a private combine for him, with all the teams being present. All attended, but thirty mins before the start time, CK pulled out....
2) really? ok white flag noted
3) well considering the event in your pic took place in the early 70s, it would seem it didn't.....if over a decade later her career stalled.....and actually she was making films almost yearly til 1990, then took some time off (which is also about the time she married Ted Tuner) ....before coming back in 2005 Jane Fonda filmography

She was never canceled, even though she committed an horrible act.

I will also note that Fonda was 54 years old in 1991, when she retired (other than her workout videos) from acting. She also married Ted Turner in 1991.

For which thousands of Vietnam Vets will never forgiver her for.
Of course, Fonda has accepted responsibility and apologized repeatedly for the “Hanoi Jane” photo, and clarified that her actions during the Vietnam War were in protest of the U.S. government and not against soldiers.

if anyone is still sulking over it, that is his right.

"Someone (I don’t remember who) leads me toward the gun, and I sit down, still laughing, still applauding. It all has nothing to do with where I am sitting. I hardly even think about where I am sitting. The cameras flash. I get up, and as I start to walk back to the car with the translator, the implication of what has just happened hits me. Oh, my God. It’s going to look like I was trying to shoot down U.S. planes! I plead with him, 'You have to be sure those photographs are not published. Please, you can’t let them be published.' I am assured it will be taken care of. I don’t know what else to do. It is possible that the Vietnamese had it all planned. I will never know. If they did, can I really blame them? The buck stops here. If I was used, I allowed it to happen. It was my mistake, and I have paid and continue to pay a heavy price for it."
Whilst we grasp at diversions among the minutia of yesteryear, here is one that contrasts with Fonda's honestly accepting responsibility:​
(Stupid image removed.)​
If Hanoi Jane didn't hang herself, she did not "accept responsibility" for her treason.

Except she wasn't making GOOD films, that's the point. She wasn't getting leading lady roles in major motion pictures, despite being probably one of the most talented actresses of her generation. By 1981, she was cancelled.

How many actresses get "talented leading lady" roles in their mid 40s or older? Be honest...if you are capable of that.

Seriously? You're going with the "Uighurs are terrorists" argument? You're either a wumao or a complete idiot. Either way, I'm not wasting anymore time with you.

Neither: Joey is evil. He is the purest, darkest example of undiluted evil on this site.
I don't like the guy, but I don't tend to assume malice when either financial incentive or being brainwashed will suffice.

And her career was over by 1981 because her brand name had become toxic. Everyone was happy to be out of Vietnam, but no one was willing to forgive "Hanoi Jane".

Shit, they were still dragging her up in 2004 when John Kerry Ran for president.

Yes...her career was so "over" by 1981 that...she got nominated as best supporting actress in the year's second highest grossing movie! (Second to Raiders of the Lost Ark-she lost the Oscar to Maureen Stapleton in Reds.)

I don't like the guy, but I don't tend to assume malice when either financial incentive or being brainwashed will suffice.

I have seen many of his (thousands upon thousands upon thousands of) posts...he is absolutely pure and undiluted evil. He is evil on the level of Beria, or Blokhin.

Codespeak for "I have absolutely nothing to support my argument, but you should believe me anyway"...

The one thing I've never heard when I've provided a link.

"Wow. I wasn't aware of that. I'm sorry, you were right, I have totally changed my mind on this issue now that I've been informed."

I do links when I feel like them. Not when other people demand them.
Translation: "being full of shit, I will attempt to distract and divert."

You going to play stupid too? Ok let’s start with something simple for you.

Here’s a nice simple video for you. Click on it to play.

Are you seriously going to pretend that there wasn’t a huge backlash against Kaepernick when the whole kneeling thing started?

Go sit in the corner.

You're not PLAYING stupid, boy.

I have seen many of his (thousands upon thousands upon thousands of) posts...he is absolutely pure and undiluted evil. He is evil on the level of Beria, or Blokhin.
Making excuses for Uighur concentration camps does fit the Blokhin MO.

You going to play stupid too? Ok let’s start with something simple for you.

Here’s a nice simple video for you. Click on it to play.

Are you seriously going to pretend that there wasn’t a huge backlash against Kaepernick when the whole kneeling thing started?

Go sit in the corner.

You're not PLAYING stupid, boy.

Let me know when you think of something relevant to say.

Take your time.

Again, who is "you guys"?

Joey's legion of straw men.

And again, tell us why you think Carano's tweet was antisemitic. From there maybe we can see if it is justifiably being "thrown back in our faces". If you can give a reasoned argument as to why it was antisemitic, maybe you have a point. But if you can't or won't, then I have no recourse but to continue seeing Carano's case as bullshit and wokeness on overload.

What do you say? Or are you going to continue running from the question?

Option B. It's all he EVER does.

Yup, that's all he ever does. If you notice, he never actually discusses a topic. This is so he can avoid what he calls "gaslighting", though I don't think he has a fucking clue what the term means.

So we've seen a few threads on these boards about how Gina Carano was fired by Disney after she repeatedly posted racist, conspiratorial and transphobic memes on Twitter, and someone decided that she wasn't the best person to have on your Fun Space Adventure for the Whole Family. Yes, after spending 4 BILLION to buy the rights to Star Wars, they didn't want some third tier actor dragging them into controversy they didn't need.

View attachment 464341
Fun Space Adventure... Calling them "Younglings" so you don't have to say, "Killed Children"

Anyway, the Right Wing has gone apoplectic over this. How dare we punish this poor woman for merely expressing her opinion.

Of course, these were the same people who insisted that the NFL Fire Colin Kaepernick because he took a knee protesting police misconduct and killing of black people.

View attachment 464342

Eventually, he was proven right when the country exploded into riots after George Floyd was murdered. Even big corporations got in on the act.

Then there were the Dixie Chicks. Remember them? They were a country band that expressed the opinion that our war with Iraq over weapons that didn't exist was probably a bad idea. (Actually, only one of them did, but they all paid for it.

View attachment 464343

Eventually, they were proven right. Heck, you'd be hard pressed to find a Right Winger today who would argue the Iraq War was a good idea.

Then there was the grandmother of all "Cancel Culture", Jane Fonda. You remember Jane? She was the one who said our undeclared war in Vietnam was a terrible idea. Even humanized the people we were mercilessly bombing by visiting them.

View attachment 464344

Well, she was proven right. The war was a bad idea. Not that it did her any good, people still denounced her as "Hanoi Jane" and her career was pretty much over by 1980.

Point is, the Right Wing was for Cancel Culture (really, "Consequence Culture") before they were against it.

So let the right wing outrage begin!!!
What Fonda did was giving aid and comfort to our enemy. She shouldn’t have just been shunned as she was, she should have been tried, convicted and imprisioned for a couple of decades. Instead she lived a far better life than almost all of the vets who were attacked by the people she publically supported. She has always lived a life of privilege and wanted for nothing in her life. It’s not cancel culture for people to use their wallets to express approval or disapproval of a public o figure. The Dixie Chicks found that out, when they insulted the beliefs of most of their fans.

Well.....1) you have no idea if any money was paid out 2) until you prove that you really aren't on much ground here, and I won't go further

They settled. Money was paid out.

The NFL admitted that?
Or Joe Lockhart, Clinton's press secretary?

The NFL settled... And then they allowed other players to kneel if they wanted to.

Well.....1) you have no idea if any money was paid out 2) until you prove that you really aren't on much ground here, and I won't go further

They settled. Money was paid out.

The NFL admitted that?
Or Joe Lockhart, Clinton's press secretary?

The NFL settled... And then they allowed other players to kneel if they wanted to.
So me where money was paid out.....all I have seen was they reached an agreement over the grievance letter the Players Union filed with the NFL on his behalf...mediation went on for a couple years, the NFL wouldn't agree, they pulled out....it looked like it was going to Court, then they reached an agreement in 2019....a few months later they put togehter a private workout for him, in front of all the teams, he then pulled out of that.

So show me the money

What Fonda did was giving aid and comfort to our enemy. She shouldn’t have just been shunned as she was, she should have been tried, convicted and imprisioned for a couple of decades. Instead she lived a far better life than almost all of the vets who were attacked by the people she publically supported. She has always lived a life of privilege and wanted for nothing in her life. It’s not cancel culture for people to use their wallets to express approval or disapproval of a public o figure. The Dixie Chicks found that out, when they insulted the beliefs of most of their fans.

Okay, a couple of things here.

What made the North Vietnamese our "enemy"? Did they attack us? No. The Gulf of Tonkin incident was a fraud. Did we formally declare war on them?

If the vets of Vietnam got a shitty deal, it wasn't because of Jane Fonda, it was by a government that denied they poisoned them with Agent Orange, didn't give them benefits or councelling when they got back. Who kept sending them out on patrols while they were arguing over the shape of the table in Paris to negotiate a face-saving exit.

It seems that there's a lot of misdirected anger here. And that was the problem. The reason her career tanked in the 1980's was a lot of our remorse about how we treated these vets, when we made idiotic Rambo movies and held parades for these guys a decade later.

What we didn't do. Have an honest discussion about how we got into the war to start with. And big surprise, we got into another bigger mess in Iraq. Hey, let's hang the Dixie Chicks, we don't want to have the honest discussion about that one, either.

So? Her employers wished to avoid a negative reaction from the public which buys the product and decides for itself what is/is not racist or transphobic garbage. Much like Kaepernick and the NFL or Hanoi Jane Fonda and Hollywood producers.

Exactly my point. But no one really whined about "cancel culture" with those folks, did they?

The difference is, all those other people were eventually vindicated.

Or they decided to write a check to get rid of the suit because it was cheaper than fighting it-happens all the time.

Was it? Frankly, if all you had to do was kneel before you get fired and then sue, it would seem settling would be the last thing you'd want to do.

Every second stringer would take a knee.

Of course, they are all taking knees now, anyway, because the NFL capitulated on that point, too.

Forum List

Back